GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I'm sure I remember someone on the FB saying her status had shown up online on fb at some point. Probably this same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It did - it showed Helen as being 'active' on messenger. IS quickly said 'sorry that was me'. I can go back and check the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I particularly liked this comment from the linked Royston Crow.

"Mr Stewart also explained how Nick had said if he really must call police, then not to so until after 3pm – unless he was contacted.

He reported his partner missing at 3.47pm – and said she had left a note saying she needed space and had gone to Broadstairs."

I mean if that has TRULY happened you'd be on the phone at 3.01pm wouldn't you? Not nearly an hour later. God it's just beyond all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ColourPurple
Jurors also heard from Steven Polley, a dog handler for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, who searched the author’s home with a police dog on April 22.

Mr Polley said the dog, trained to assist in the recovery of deceased victims, ‘indicated’ at a bucket of cleaning materials in the utility room, as well as a bench in the kitchen dining area and a pair of trousers in the main bedroom.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...ailey-12518246

Uh oh that alert is on April 22nd which is 4 days before the date IS says Nick and Joe turned up and took the keys of the jeep and went into the garage.

Excellent spot. This is precisely the kind of damning detail that Trimmer should be putting to him. He can't now suddenly change the timetable for Ni-Jo!

And while offering suggestions to the prosecutor, or his busy clerks who may read here, I wish Trimmer would ask, if Helen was such a smart woman why was she Googling 'keep falling asleep', when by IS' account she was willingly taking sleeping pills that weren't even prescribed for her. Call him on these lies please!

Patching him a short, concise email would not be out of order surely? Just in case this crucial evidence gets overlooked. :)

stuart.trimmer@4bb.co.uk

There was this exchange today, as reported in the Cambridge News:
14:36
Stewart is asked about the searches made by Helen for the cause of her drowsiness

Trimmer: “You saw that pathology report by Dr Carey on October 27 which stated zopiclone was found in Helen’s body - shortly after that you were given a document that indicated Dr Carey’s conclusions.”

Stewart: “I don’t know the timing.”

Trimmer: “There really are only two alternatives. Either she did it herself or you did it to her.”

Stewart: “Yes, but only one of them is true”

Trimmer: “The first time the option you’d chosen has come to the prosecution of the court is when you give evidence?”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “You know she was suffering from the effects of zopiclone in the weeks prior to her death.”

Stewart: “No”

Trimmer: “On Friday, April 8, Helen did a series of searches. ‘Falling asleep in the afternoon’ ‘Can’t stop falling asleep’ ‘I’m so tired falling asleep at work’

Stewart: “She showed me some of these searches.”

Trimmer: “The fact she’d made those was important to you. Did it stick in your mind?”

Stewart: “Not at all.”

Trimmer: “Did that concern you she was searching for the cause of what was making her sleep?”

Stewart: “No.”

Not sure if it was pushed hard enough though.

I agree. I felt its significance wasn't rammed home. The jury need to be joining the dots as surely as we are. A point like this, I feel, can be the tipping point where an uncertain juror can be helped.

Just thought .... if joe and nick needed her phone why didn't it come on and connect anywhere else apart from at the broadstairs router? If he gave it to them (which obv he didn't) why didn't they use it for anything? Jeez it's so easy to pick holes in his story. The jury must be going over all this stuff in their heads too I expect. Can't wait for him to be found guilty and go 'you're joking, no way!'

Stewart: “I don’t understand operating systems on that level.”

I thought he was a computer expert!

Exactly. He seems to be operating (sorry) at a very low level. Even I understand something of event logs-useful for many people as the phone computer scammer people terrify people by getting them to view them-they always look a bit of a mess until you can decipher them. (oldest child works for a Cambridge university engineering spin off doing advanced thingies but would never describe himself as an expert!)

I agree. I felt its significance wasn't rammed home. The jury need to be joining the dots as surely as we are. A point like this, I feel, can be the tipping point where an uncertain juror can be helped.

Don't forget that the prosecution counsel will make a closing speech, in which all threads can be pulled together and dots joined.

5521df3dada70d685b17a7a6dacb76ba.jpg
d949053f44007eb88a59ef6dbd4ade43.jpg

So he'd accessed Helen's FB on April 17th and admitted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised he didn't come out with that classic line when he was being video-interviewed by the police: "I'm getting hungry now".

Don't forget, this is the man who can tuck into a Chinese takeaway hours after dumping the bodies of his fiance and her dog in excrement, in a cesspit mere yards from the kitchen. Food is obviously very important to him!

I hope the jury will be regularly reminded of the full horror of what he has done - he must never walk freely among decent people again.

Yes, a good reminder DD that this was not a rage killing, which would be bad enough. It was emotionless. Chilling. Gleeful even. He could do it all with no fight from Helen. He rewarded himself immediately with Helen's money and a Chinese. His only sweat was which story to go with.

Jurors also heard from Steven Polley, a dog handler for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, who searched the author’s home with a police dog on April 22.

Mr Polley said the dog, trained to assist in the recovery of deceased victims, ‘indicated’ at a bucket of cleaning materials in the utility room, as well as a bench in the kitchen dining area and a pair of trousers in the main bedroom.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/fianc-royston-author-helen-bailey-12518246

Uh oh that alert is on April 22nd which is 4 days before the date IS says Nick and Joe turned up and took the keys of the jeep and went into the garage.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

Sniffer dogs aren't infallible though - at least the one that 'caught' me trying to smuggle something into the country the other day wasn't! The customs fellow seemed pretty certain he'd find a suitcase full of narcotics when he asked me to open it up, but it was just a week's worth of dirty washing that he had to wade through!
Although I do wonder if there might have been traces of cannabis from the taxi I took to the airport on it - it's now legal in the state I had travelled from.

The Royston Crow covers a whole exchange about how ridiculous it was to say Boris was kidnapped too which isn't covered in the Cambridge News. There's obviously going to be lots that the reporting misses.

Excellent spot. This is precisely the kind of damning detail that Trimmer should be putting to him. He can't now suddenly change the timetable for Ni-Jo!

And while offering suggestions to the prosecutor, or his busy clerks who may read here, I wish Trimmer would ask, if Helen was such a smart woman why was she Googling 'keep falling asleep', when by IS' account she was willingly taking sleeping pills that weren't even prescribed for her. Call him on these lies please!

I think I'm beginning to be able to think like IS - he'll have an answer for this - she was falling asleep during the daytime so couldn't get to sleep at night hence she took sleeping pills at night to get a good night's sleep.

An old work colleague once did this to me as a "joke" on a night out. Came up behind me and put his arm around my neck from behind and squeezed. It really is totally debilitating. I couldn't catch my breath and couldn't ungrip his arm, it was frightening and that was just for seconds. I've learnt since that the best thing to do is to stamp really hard on the top of their foot with the heel of your shoe. Not much use if you're at home with no shoes on though (like Helen)

Jesus! I hope you jokingly kneed him in the bollocks after he released you!

I am a bit lost with all the phone stuff. Why did Nick and Joe want it? And what was of such importance to them that they had to have in this paperwork?

It seems like he did get thumped in jail - very convenient to add to his story - but I doubt on any N/J orders, just the other lags disliking that sort of crime and dispensing some of their own justice.

nick demonstrating neck hold apparently took place on the 15th April and he spoke to her on the 14th April so he is claiming she died between these two times. It was a week later before N&J turned up to rummage in the garage. If this were true her body would be in a very decomposed state. Doesn't fit the forensics evidence.

Can you imagine N&J hanging onto a body for a week so they could dump it in his cesspit when they could just as easily have buried it or left it in a ditch

Hi I was there this afternoon along with another WS member (not Lit-Up - not sure if he/she was there).
Court is so full that the lovely court official had to play "bingo" with us. He allocated us all a number and the first 13 numbers he called out were able to go in, with a few left outside as no space.
Someone asked yesterday about the jury. TBH from their expressions I think they see things as we do - looks of incredulity, suspicion, almost raised eyebrows/really??" type expressions.
IS is weird - everything about him! As a person, he illicits no warmth or sympathy as a person. He is totally unengaging! I don`t know if it`s to do with his illness as I haven`t a clue about the symptoms, but his facial expressions and mannerisms are very unattractive. He blinks, his eyes shift/roll around, he does have this constantly strange almost "grin like" grimace. There is nothing to suggest this is a likeable man albeit he is in the witness box accused of a terrible crime. If presentation matters, then his whole persona will not help his cause.
Listening objectively in court, the ludicrousness of his explanations is even sharper and have greater clarity. He is telling the only story possible to save himself and it does not work. Not even a tiny part of it. I wonder if objectively he is aware of that himself.
Next week will continue with him on the stand and the summing up/directions etc. Then jury should be out the following Monday.
It is terribly, terribly sad. We all know how we feel and we all want justice to be done. However at the heart of it, are two families who are real people and going through a major trauma. I feel pain for his two sons. These are boys you would be proud to have as your own sons. They were dealt a bad hand in the game of life.
Michelle

It shows he knows this move. But I really do hope she was unconscious when he did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon