GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the press are gearing up for a release of programmes on this, several people have been contacted to give Helen's "back story" since IS started his ravings. We all made a pact we would not do that, to preserve her memory. At least not until the guilty verdict is given. I "defriended" IS on Facebook when he was charged as I really don't want anything to do with him, even if ... God forbid ... he is found innocent. At the Memorial service John Bailey again asked everyone not to talk, but I don't think I've been disloyal by correcting facts that are wrong on this website. I would never talk to the press, I talk to you guys instead - but try to be very careful in what I say x

You've been very respectful Pips.We appreciate that sometimes you want to say more but can't.

I think the press are gearing up for a release of programmes on this, several people have been contacted to give Helen's "back story" since IS started his ravings. We all made a pact we would not do that, to preserve her memory. At least not until the guilty verdict is given. I "defriended" IS on Facebook when he was charged as I really don't want anything to do with him, even if ... God forbid ... he is found innocent. At the Memorial service John Bailey again asked everyone not to talk, but I don't think I've been disloyal by correcting facts that are wrong on this website. I would never talk to the press, I talk to you guys instead - but try to be very careful in what I say x

Pips, you've been very discrete and my heart aches for you. Sending you a :grouphug: xx

Thanks, that's really kind. I think one of IS's biggest mistakes was underestimating how many friends Helen had, who loved her and would protect her and speak to the police. I think he thought that we wouldn't care that she was missing!! Arrogant, horrid man.

I think this image I popped on here yesterday during those god-awful hours of drivel from IS maybe stuck in your mind. He already had a full belly.......... but still wanted more:
14676710_346108262424300_2319359911244333056_n.jpg

oh yes, that must be it thank you!: the supposedly frantic partner who told the police he was hungry ( but it was ok, he knew, Nick and Joe/Dave et al had it all under control).

Just reading that back and look what I did? Refer to her in the present tense???? Completely subconscious .. yet IS talked about her in the past. Hmmm ...

So you did, Pips, very naturally.
I noticed a couple of present tenses in IS's great long rambling spiel that seemed to have been shoehorned in because he'd become aware of adverse comment on his early use of the past tense. Too late now...

PS Thanks Louise (looroll) and Rayemonde for sympathetic (in different ways) replies to my earlier posts. I fear it was a bit IS-ish of me to interpose small personal horrid experience in the midst of all this, but you've all been very kind.

Just reading that back and look what I did? Refer to her in the present tense???? Completely subconscious .. yet IS talked about her in the past. Hmmm ...

So you did, Pips, very naturally.
I noticed a couple of present tenses in IS's great long rambling spiel that seemed to have been shoehorned in because he'd become aware of adverse comment on his early use of the past tense. Too late now...

PS Thanks Louise (looroll) and Rayemonde for sympathetic (in different ways) replies to my earlier posts. I fear it was a bit IS-ish of me to interpose small personal horrid experience in the midst of all this, but you've all been very kind.

Oh gosh, no- to be a bit IS-ish, you'd have had to have filled up to about page 64 at least with absolute codswallop. I'm really sorry you went through that horrid experience.

Ah ha, so he did only get the news on that day....that scuppers my thought then

I also think he knew before this date it wasn't cancer. This will have been the official all clear after biopsy results but they'll have been able to tell him after the operation. I'm about 99% sure of this. They'll have seen for their own eyes it wasn't cancer and was only scar tissue but the biopsy was a final confirmation. I'd like to have heard from his surgeon about this....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's really kind. I think one of IS's biggest mistakes was underestimating how many friends Helen had, who loved her and would protect her and speak to the police. I think he thought that we wouldn't care that she was missing!! Arrogant, horrid man.

That sent a chill up my spine (one of so many during this case). I think that is indicative of how IS himself felt about her. That she was insignificant.

I'm glad she was so very loved during her life, and so sorry for all of you who knew and loved her, to have lost her and by such foul means. Thank you for sharing what you can with us in this hope/need for justice.

I do hope any such programme does include lots about Helen, because she deserves to have her story told by her friends. We don't want it all to be about him, do we.

I suppose timing is the problem. Naturally nobody wants to say much until the verdict is in, but the TV people are always in a rush to get something out, so I hope the opportunity for Helen's friends to speak for her won't have been lost.

I also think he knew before this date it wasn't cancer. This will have been the official all clear after biopsy results but they'll have been able to tell him after the operation. I'm about 99% sure of this. They'll have seen for their own eyes it wasn't cancer and was only scar tissue but the biopsy was a final confirmation. I'd like to have heard from his surgeon about this....

He's mentioned cancer several times, I do hope Trimmer will call him on it.

Pips I think you've been very good here, it must be hard to hear all the drivel IS is coming out with. The only comfort anyone can give is that it is SO unbelievable he looks foolish in the extreme and he will be going to prison for a very long time.

Also I think it's fabulous that Helen's friends are not going to contribute to any ghoulish documentary about her murder. Helen was about so much more than the way she died. Her website is still a beacon and I will continue recommending it when I need to.

I can no longer read her book because it's so happy and so positive about her GGHW. It is heartbreaking to see Helen refer to him in those loving terms while he was plotting against her.

not to expect a greeting for the call handler

Goodness, that comes so automatically to me that I can't imagine myself not saying 'hello'.
I don't mean on a 999 call because you are always asked immediately which service you require, and then it is a matter of answering questions, but I would certainly start by saying Hello on a 101 call.
Yeah me too. It does only apply to emergency calls.

I do hope any such programme does include lots about Helen, because she deserves to have her story told by her friends. We don't want it all to be about him, do we.

I suppose timing is the problem. Naturally nobody wants to say much until the verdict is in, but the TV people are always in a rush to get something out, so I hope the opportunity for Helen's friends to speak for her won't have been lost.

If anyone wishes to do an interview with the BBC for after the trial, I know just the fellow!

Yes, that's a very good point Snoopy. He wasn't unduly worried,he knew there was nothing serious going on right after the Op.

That sent a chill up my spine (one of so many during this case). I think that is indicative of how IS himself felt about her. That she was insignificant.

I'm glad she was so very loved during her life, and so sorry for all of you who knew and loved her, to have lost her and by such foul means. Thank you for sharing what you can with us in this hope/need for justice.

Indeed. Always said, that was one of his big mistakes. From what I can see, he kept apart from Helen's family and friends as much as possible....but the downside for him was that, just as they didnt know him very well, so he didnt know them either and he hugely underestimated them.

On Thursday there was a woman there who said she was a documentary maker.

I think I've done this right. I thought you would like to see the pencil that John Bailey and Fraser Dyer left for everyone at Helen's Memorial service in November so that we could write individual thoughts for her parents as they are too frail to travel.

Such a wonderful thought to have this pencil - with Helen's beautiful words - for writing in the Memory book, and for keeping as a loving memento of Helen.

Hi All,
I have been lurking here and decided to join finally. Can I say I think you are all fab. The answers and explanations you have all given... Wow. I never knew Helen and only got to learn of her through this case. A poster said so eloquently "she is a friend I will never get the chance to have" and that is exactly how I feel.
I cannot get over the facts of this case but am simply a bystander so cannot begin to imagine the feelings that Helen's parents, John Bailey, his partner, IS's sons, and her circle of friends must be experiencing.
Seeing the pictures of her in her study with her Emma Bridgewater mug (a lovely detail noted by poster here) made me think there is NO WAY Helen would have tried on and accepted Diane's ring. Pictures can tell a lot about a person and Helen looks like a lady (just from her bookcase) who would have made classy and careful purchases.
Being an only child myself, I am very cross that IS is a tainted example of an only child. He deserves a long sentence for these simply heinous crimes but what kind of support can he provide his elderly parents from prison. And what father could put his sons through all this in light of what they have already gone through.
I hope and pray justice will be served and JS, Helen, Rufus and Boris are all at peace together.

I've just had a quick look at Helen's private Facebook page and a couple of things really stand out to me. On April 1 she asked if anyone local knew of a "really good and quick conveyancing solicitor". Her last post was on Sunday April 10, about Aston Martin vintage cars. The last thing she wrote was a comment on Monday April 11 at 10.09am. A friend wrote a comment at 11.41am which Helen neither replied to, nor "liked", which is most out of character for her. The chat was definitely Helen's style, I cannot see IS being able to impersonate her.

That is so sad to read, Pips - of Helen's post on Sunday April 10 about Aston Vintage cars. Little love must have been, perhaps, thinking of hiring one for the Wedding.
I am sorry for your loss of a wonderful friend and know Helen will be in your heart forever. Take care x

Hi Tiny

:welcome6:

I think it's another mark of the kind of classy, warm, fun lady Helen was that so many people are inspired to find websleuths and join the discussion. It's great to see so many new members joining in over the last week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214