GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought out of the blue probably means nothing.....did someone mention computerexpert will be called back, maybe they found a manuscript of some sort on Helens computer

On the subject of how long a jury can take to give a verdict... Peter Tobin's jury were back in ten minutes. They barely had time to get to the jury room and back.

:jawdrop: Seriously? I thought they had to put on a bit of a show of discussion, to avoid possible appeal grounds that they didn't give the evidence sufficient attention.

Just a thought out of the blue probably means nothing.....did someone mention computerexpert will be called back, maybe they found a manuscript of some sort on Helens computer

No, it's the iPad search history evidence.

:jawdrop: Seriously? I thought they had to put on a bit of a show of discussion, to avoid possible appeal grounds that they didn't give the evidence sufficient attention.

Tobin offered no defence at all. His counsel stood up and basically said: We've got nothing, it's up to you to decide.

A fictional piece of writing that was on the bookshelf of IS, where the plot is eerily similar to his fantastical tale?

Well, that would be good - reminiscent of one of the very first Columbo episodes, Murder by the Book...

Thank you for the updates, and yet another twist in the tale.

I haven't read Helen's books but have just loaded her bikini book up in google books to use the search function,

Tx Miss.Twiddle.

If you still have that handy can you search the word "legal", I recall a ref in her blog to unspecified legal troubles which fitted with the Dave Jensen litigation phase. ( Whilst this was her blog, believe it's v.similar material in her book. However I don't know if this was a blog entry or a blog comment. )
( Assuming the Def are bringing her book evidence in?)

Previous Ipad history - testimony
Author's iPad used to search 'tiredness'
The next witness will be Detective Constable Graham Paul. DC Paul went on June 7 2016 to carry out a radio frequency survey in Broadstairs. “While I was there I was asked if I could see the router that had previously been examined. It wasn’t there”, he said. DC Paul also examined Helen Bailey’s iPad. “On April 8, there were various searches which seemed to relate to tiredness. “We reviewed the iPad to see what could be found. “We can search the download of the device, we can run a key word through it to see if that word features on the device, or we could look at a particular time period.”
“We discovered those searches to tiredness, but also other occasions where the word ‘tired’ appeared to feature. “We saw messaging carried out over the Apple iMessaging system. “In July 2012 there’s a whole raft of them [mentions to being tired]. “Mentions of ‘Getting tired’ and ‘you sounded tired on the phone’ are found in a conversation between Stewart and Helen.”

A number of web pages were made by Helen between 7.34pm and 10.51pm on the evening of April 8, 2016. The searches related to ‘Mumsnet fell asleep afternoon’ ‘falling asleep in the afternoon’ ‘can’t stop falling asleep’ ‘I’m so tired falling asleep at work’.
“We discovered those searches to tiredness, but also other occasions where the word ‘tired’ appeared to feature. “We saw messaging carried out over the Apple iMessaging system. “In July 2012 there’s a whole raft of them [mentions to being tired]. “Mentions of ‘Getting tired’ and ‘you sounded tired on the phone’ are found in a conversation between Stewart and Helen.”
That’s the end of DC Paul’s evidence. lunch

If he tries to use Helen's own words in his defence that would be sick beyond all imagination.

And surely that would prove nothing, if only how taken in she was - making the crime, if that is at all possible, all the more horrible.

No, it's the iPad search history evidence.

There must be something else too as they mention a book

Judge Andrew Bright QC: “Well members of the jury, it appears as a result of the legal discussion we had it has became clear that the evidence is not yet finished and we need to have more evidence, which will come to light at 10am tomorrow. “It includes extracts from a book which will take a bit of time for counsel to get together. “Rather than keep you hanging on, the time has come for me to send you away for the day and ask you to come back tomorrow.”​

Hows the old poll doing...

Ooh, 34 - Nil

Now there's a surprise!

Just a thought Tortoise - but it might be interesting to have a quick straw poll on 'who thinks IS is confident of acquittal'? (or who thinks IS believes he is going to be found Not Guilty as his defence is so compelling )

Probably evidence of how happy she was. WTF. Who's read the book here?? Any ideas what on earth this could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was the Pros bringing this evidence tomorrow , could it be to refute some of the evidence in chief. Week 5 Day 2 he gave a long account of milestones in the courtship and reln with Helen, has someone spotted some B.S in his drivel and contacted the Pros? This would have evidential value if it were clear that he was STILL lying on the stand last week.

Here;s the link for that day's hearing for anyone who has the book in front of them.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12566970

Two pics with books in the background

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Helen-Bailey-Murder-trial-782764.jpg
    Helen-Bailey-Murder-trial-782764.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 167
  • _94225482_5bdf0920-1cbd-496b-b3de-ffae315e67d7.jpg
    _94225482_5bdf0920-1cbd-496b-b3de-ffae315e67d7.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 168
Just a thought Tortoise - but it might be interesting to have a quick straw poll on 'who thinks IS is confident of acquittal'? (or who thinks IS believes he is going to be found Not Guilty as his defence is so compelling )

Bit difficult to assess that one without seeing him in the flesh. Perish the thought...

Ha! I've been wanting to use that expression for ages. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members