Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be something else too as they mention a book
Judge Andrew Bright QC: “Well members of the jury, it appears as a result of the legal discussion we had it has became clear that the evidence is not yet finished and we need to have more evidence, which will come to light at 10am tomorrow. “It includes extracts from a book which will take a bit of time for counsel to get together. “Rather than keep you hanging on, the time has come for me to send you away for the day and ask you to come back tomorrow.”​

Sorry CP I was only responding to the question about the police computer expert there.

Having recently been talking with no.2 son about our hot water bottles which had all perished... :D

Perished perished.

Sorry gone mad. Officially.

Does she not say anything in her book about IS giving her a ring, and not knowing it was Diane's?

So if the book evidence connects with the i-pad searches, does that mean it must be about Zopiclone and tiredness, I wonder?

I think the two are separate, my contact knew nothing about the book evidence when I told him. But yes the searches are about Zopiclone I believe. And the fact IS said she cleared her search history regularly yet there is no evidence of that as lots of other searches were found.

Does she not say anything in her book about IS giving her a ring, and not knowing it was Diane's?

IIRC she mentioned a "token" ring. Someone as sensitive as Helen would surely not describe Diane's precious ring as a token IMO?

Tx Miss.Twiddle.

If you still have that handy can you search the word "legal", I recall a ref in her blog to unspecified legal troubles which fitted with the Dave Jensen litigation phase. ( Whilst this was her blog, believe it's v.similar material in her book. However I don't know if this was a blog entry or a blog comment. )
( Assuming the Def are bringing her book evidence in?)

Sure thing, no problem. I can only see this ... but it doesn't show any detail.

attachment.php

The thing with google book search is that sometimes you're able to read the full page as a PDF type image, and other times it prompts you to buy the book so it won't show much. Google books and the search function are free to use, i've added the link straight to her book if anyone wants to try any particular keywords.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...is&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Attachments

• Ikw7lpL.png
    Ikw7lpL.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 149
Bit difficult to assess that one without seeing him in the flesh. Perish the thought...

Ha! I've been wanting to use that expression for ages. :D

OBF thinks IS is confident he's making a good impression or WTTE.

I think the two are separate, my contact knew nothing about the book evidence when I told him. But yes the searches are about Zopiclone I believe. And the fact IS said she cleared her search history regularly yet there is no evidence of that as lots of other searches were found.

Do you mean that they found searches about zopiclone or that they didnt find any or that all we know is they have now looked for zopiclone searches

IIRC she mentioned a "token" ring. Someone as sensitive as Helen would surely not describe Diane's precious ring as a token IMO?

I'd be interested in seeing how she worded it. Presumably she says nothing about raiding Diane's jewellery box and asking to have it.

Just rereading IS defence evidence in Court.

Stewart tells the court he had suicidal thoughts

“I felt like harming myself in Broadstairs. I just wanted everything to stop.

“I was on the top of the cliff, I climbed over the railings.

“I thought about Jamie and Oliver and my mum and dad and Helen, and I wanted everything to stop.

“I also went to the railway line in Royston and watched the trains go by. I was thinking ‘I just want everything to stop’.

“I only broke down twice in front of everyone, once in front of Dc Daines and once in front of a nurse.”

So climbing over railings he can do? And only breaks emotion in front of police and nurse - great choice of witnesses to his upset!

If it was the Pros bringing this evidence tomorrow , could it be to refute some of the evidence in chief. Week 5 Day 2 he gave a long account of milestones in the courtship and reln with Helen, has someone spotted some B.S in his drivel and contacted the Pros? This would have evidential value if it were clear that he was STILL lying on the stand last week.

Here;s the link for that day's hearing for anyone who has the book in front of them.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12566970

I've little doubt that many of Helen's family and friends would have been horrified by the testimony of IS and the sheer extent of his culpability and cynicism. I bet following that charade the prosecution have been inundated with evidence that contradicts the evidence IS gave to the court.

No doubt the prosecution have been beavering away for days sorting the wheat from the chaff. If it is indeed the prosecution bringing this evidence to light it must be compelling.

Tx Miss.Twiddle.

If you still have that handy can you search the word "legal", I recall a ref in her blog to unspecified legal troubles which fitted with the Dave Jensen litigation phase. ( Whilst this was her blog, believe it's v.similar material in her book. However I don't know if this was a blog entry or a blog comment. )
( Assuming the Def are bringing her book evidence in?)

I think you must be right in focusing on this. If the evidence that's being brought in now is to counter claims made by IS which were not in his defence statement and of which Prosecution had no knowledge, one part that Strimmer pointed out to IS was the Zopiclone searches (computer expert evidence) and the other was the ransom money IS said was being demanded by Nick and Joe. Can't quite see how the book's refs to David Jensen will do any more to discredit this obviously fictional claim, but maybe...

Do you mean that they found searches about zopiclone or that they didnt find any or that all we know is they have now looked for zopiclone searches

My understanding is that the expert has had another investigation of the ipad and has not found searches re: zopiclone. IS said she searched on her iPad and showed him (IIRC?) and must have deleted the history. I believe the expert has specifically investigated this precise area.

This is MOO: Remember the legal adjournment on Monday? The prosecution wanted to know if the evidence about Helen deleting these searches, and the 500k ransom demand, were admissable as IS had not put them into his defence statement (so the police had not been able to investigate them previously). It looks like the judge has said they are admissable (since he hasn't directed to strike them out) but has allowed the prosecution to investigate and bring new evidence to court. I feel inclined to assume, based on this, that the 500k demand could be the other evidence... could there be anything in a book related to that? Of course it might be hard to investigate that since J&N don't exist to ask...

ETA: Thanks Moll we cross posted there but said the same except you said it better and in brief :D

OBF thinks IS is confident he's making a good impression or WTTE.

Blimey although I'm sure your OBF is astute.

I would've voted No to Jessie's poll suggestion , just cause I thought:
he knows he's a B.Ser but his psychology means he just has to do this, even though he knows he is stuffed AND these psychopaths are meant to be good on emotional intelligence/picking up signs but...... Risen Bishop would be better on all that aspect.... will stop waffling.

I think it might be - he did ramble on and on and maybe there's something in that he didn't double check his lies with.

Not sure I have the patience to follow trials. The slow pace is punishing :-/ I want to know NOW [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member