GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the overarching thing for me Dolly, he just did not expect to get caught. I think it was Alyce or Tortoise (forgive me if it was another of our brilliant contributors) who has said he didn't expect her friends and relatives, nor the police, to make a "fuss" of an adult female choosing to vanish with her dog into the night. He thought he could quietly live off her book profits for 7 years, then have her declared dead and be off with the lot. He likely assumed the cess pit would do a great job hiding his handywork and by the time he got a death declaration there'd be nothing left to find. He probably thought he would live in that lovely big house lording it over the locals he'd risen so high above.

Sorry I have to stop, I feel :sick:

That is the overarching thing for me Dolly, he just did not expect to get caught. I think it was Alyce or Tortoise (forgive me if it was another of our brilliant contributors) who has said he didn't expect her friends and relatives, nor the police, to make a "fuss" of an adult female choosing to vanish with her dog into the night. He thought he could quietly live off her book profits for 7 years, then have her declared dead and be off with the lot. He likely assumed the cess pit would do a great job hiding his handywork and by the time he got a death declaration there'd be nothing left to find. He probably thought he would live in that lovely big house lording it over the locals he'd risen so high above.

Well, he is going to rot in jail, if it's any consolation.

Gosh yes! The thought of him playing host at that house, welcoming family and friends to Christmas lunch, birthday gatherings, pool parties, barbecues etc, knowing the remains of Helen and Boris lay nearby... Makes my blood boil! That lowlife needs to die in prison. Please God it's a hefty life sentence - lots of aggravating features. I will be cracking out the champers!

Do you think we will have a verdict by the end of the week?

Judge said last week that he would send the Jury out Monday week ( Feb 20 ) cant come too soon for me

Gosh yes! The thought of him playing host at that house, welcoming family and friends to Christmas lunch, birthday gatherings, pool parties, barbecues etc, knowing the remains of Helen and Boris lay nearby... Makes my blood boil! That lowlife needs to die in prison. Please God it's a hefty life sentence - lots of aggravating features. I will be cracking out the champers!

I really can't see him playing Mine Host, tbf. I think he would have lived off takeaways and casseroles left by well-meaning neighbours who bought his Tragic Figure persona. He would only invite people over if he wanted something out of them.

I dont know why, but I had never even thought of that...the fact that he would ( and he most certainly would ) have invited family and friends over and had pool parties and celebrations, all the while knowing that Helen and Boris were rotting away, just yards from the party....god, that does make me feel sick

RSBM

On a separate note, I bear IS' sons no ill will whatsoever, they are victims of their father's crime too. But I feel it would be quite wrong on principle if they were to benefit financially from Helen's murder. I imagine they will inherit from their father and grandparents in due course and in my view that is their rightful inheritance. I hope (and expect) Helen's will to revert to the form it took before she got entangled with IS, so that her brother and stepchildren (plus any charities she favoured), will benefit.

I agree Dolly.

I can see IS trying to make a fuss about the house sale, but Helen's family, as the majority owners, will be able to force a sale, which is good.
Helen's belongings need to be returned to family and that house needs to be sold on - and hopefully remodelled somewhat - to erase the evil that lived there.

MissTwiddle, I think there is one version of his story which has Helen last seen by IS ambling off down the lane with Boris in tow. Perhaps that was just for the benefit of the psychiatric nurse though, I can't quite recall.

Yes, you're right, he did say that to the psych nurse. Then in another tale Helen waved him off from the window.

I'm sure that one, or all will just be another lie that's created itself. :facepalm:

Well I'm glad I only missed the Woman in Beige evidence while I was at work! Strange bit of evidence, doesn't fit either story unless IS is going to suddenly remember that Nick dressed Helen in a safari outfit and told her to take Boris for one last walk as a free woman...

It does make me nervous though, hearing anything that casts any doubt at all.

The Crown Court

at St Albans
Daily List for Wednesday 15 February 2017 at BRICKET ROAD ST ALBANS

Court 1 - sitting at 09:45 AM

HIS HONOUR JUDGE BRIGHT QC

For Application
T20100593 XXXXXXXX
41F12157610
Application to discharge order

NOT BEFORE 10:00 am
Trial (Part Heard)
T20167121 STEWART Ian
41E12190616
PAPER FILE

Published: 14 February 2017 at 15:53

RSBM

Someone mentioned earlier that after IS' arrest, the house was obviously commandeered and fenced off by the police for a long time. I felt sick to my stomach to think that that beautiful mansion, the catalyst for so many of Helen's hopes and dreams, has become an ugly crime scene. The next door neighbour spoke of witnessing Helen and IS getting the keys and first moving in, and recalled that they cuddled on the front doorstep and she felt privileged to be party to it. That the home where they were apparently both so excited to be starting a new life together should become the place of Helen's and Boris' murders and their initial, appalling 'burial' is simply heartbreaking.

Yes, it will be sold and a new couple will move in and make it their own. For me, Helen and Boris' spirits will always run free in Highgate where they spent their happiest years, before evil came to call.

Yes he would have known. Their appearance was based off witness statements they made to the police before HB and B were found IIRC. I don't remember the dates but I don't think any were later than end of May.

I have no idea why he would want to contradict the evidence of his own witnesses. It would be interesting to know if his counsel knew he was going to do that or not.

I reckon it stands in IS's idea of 'good Witness' - he was late up! blah blah - And we know that in the afternoon when he was rushing around, having his dressing attended to and then a list of instructions from Helen - go to tip and Solicitor ....placing himself, as usual as the victim and Helen far removed from her character. Do please now shut up IS - !!

Thanks again so much for the updates.

Hunkerdown what hat a lovely lovely tribute to Helen and Boris. And you must post some pictures when little Bailey arrives - the newest member of Websleuths.

I suddenly remembered it is going to be sixth anniversary of JS's passing on the 27th.

Here's to justice for Helen and Boris.

On a separate note...and perhaps I am being too nosy asking this....was Boris buried with Helen? Maybe that's too personal a question though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He doesn't do HOST. He does not wish people around him unless he has the benefit of manipulation and control.
I do believe he has duty and love towards his Parents and Sons, but he has brought them into this Trial with certain control of their evidence. e.g. - Poor Dad having to talk his son down from suicide. What a terrible thing to do to his Father - and set him up, in the way he set up his referrals to Mental support so that they would 'witness' his melt down and his need for a holiday (in the sun). And how he deceived his sons and 'allowed' them to be brought to Court without knowing the truth. He deceived Oliver whilst in Prison, when he started to lurch to Story 2 (xx Strimmer) AND he embroiled his Son in his 'evidence'.
He asks people to take off their shoes - and loathes/sacks them if they break an ornament.
This is not a person ever able to have gatherings and pool parties.

On a separate note...and perhaps I am being too nosy asking this....was Boris buried with Helen? Maybe that's too personal a question though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know but I think that would have been beautiful, she and Boris were not parted by death were they?

RSBM

Someone mentioned earlier that after IS' arrest, the house was obviously commandeered and fenced off by the police for a long time. I felt sick to my stomach to think that that beautiful mansion, the catalyst for so many of Helen's hopes and dreams, has become an ugly crime scene. The next door neighbour spoke of witnessing Helen and IS getting the keys and first moving in, and recalled that they cuddled on the front doorstep and she felt privileged to be party to it. That the home where they were apparently both so excited to be starting a new life together should become the place of Helen's and Boris' murders and their initial, appalling 'burial' is simply heartbreaking.

Yes, it will be sold and a new couple will move in and make it their own. For me, Helen and Boris' spirits will always run free in Highgate where they spent their happiest years, before evil came to call.

Blessed truth Dolly - I am with you every word. And how can Hartwell Lodge ever recover. It is almost a house that needs to be demolished and the land sold to build again - so that it isn't ever 'Rillington Place' status.
And .. he, the murderer of Helen and Boris - and the 'killing' of his Sons, his Parents, ... John Bailey and family spoiled this beautiful home forever - if he has not despoiled the house.

He doesn't do HOST. He does not wish people around him unless he has the benefit of manipulation and control.
I do believe he has duty and love towards his Parents and Sons, but he has brought them into this Trial with certain control of their evidence. e.g. - Poor Dad having to talk his son down from suicide. What a terrible thing to do to his Father - and set him up, in the way he set up his referrals to Mental support so that they would 'witness' his melt down and his need for a holiday (in the sun). And how he deceived his sons and 'allowed' them to be brought to Court without knowing the truth. He deceived Oliver whilst in Prison, when he started to lurch to Story 2 (xx Strimmer) AND he embroiled his Son in his 'evidence'.
He asks people to take off their shoes - and loathes/sacks them if they break an ornament.
This is not a person ever able to have gatherings and pool parties.

True, I was mistaking him for a human being for a second! He will have had his sons and parents to the house, and bragged about his mansion with swimming pool at the bowls club - not a bit troubled that Helen and Boris' bodies lay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow