GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh that ASBO woman sounds like a peach. I just read that link. Disgusting behaviour.

I started my journalism career as an indentured trainee on a free newspaper. We would get a fair few people phoning up to say they never wanted to receive the paper. However every week, one kind soul took the effort to leave a large smelly present in his copy then posted it through our office door!

Just doing the morning catch up and have to point out that every time I see this, Cherwell, it makes me die. I love it.

It makes me think of Nick just standing around asking for nondescript papers before kicking IS in the stomach and just looking over him before leaving awkwardly. Hahaha, I love it.

ETA: Clearly, I mean in the context of IS's fabrication - not that it actually makes me think of Nick, since Nick doesn't exist. ;)

Gosh that ASBO woman sounds like a peach. I just read that link. Disgusting behaviour.

I started my journalism career as an indentured trainee on a free newspaper. We would get a fair few people phoning up to say they never wanted to receive the paper. However every week, one kind soul took the effort to leave a large smelly present in his copy then posted it through our office door!

Having suffered from ghastly neighbours (who replaced the lovely ones when we first moved into a S Notts village) I have some understanding of neighbour problems. They were generally noisy and messy (father did building work at all hours and left chisels and equipment on the top of our gate frame) and after I raised concerns about one of their children they encouraged intimidation of my then 10 year old son to the extent that someone tried to push him under a bus (I had started stalking after school so saw). After we moved back to East Anglia, their son (the one I knew was being abused-hearing screams and seeing bruises and marks) attacked another boy. Because it was a step up from knocking my son off his bike etc and spreading poisonous rumours, (a plank with nails was used) he ended up in a secure home.

It seems ironic that the court can't ban the "devout Christian".I suppose she'd have to do something clearly illegal. The free newspaper present sounds ---words fail me.

I used to deliver a community newspaper when living in a complex of flats. One woman regularly tried to order me off the grounds, even though I lived there and had stopped delivering to her door!

PS Love the kicking cartoon for the right people!

Good morning all, I wonder what fairy stories will unfold this morning, perhaps "Dave" will put in an appearance,

This might be out of turn to ask, but is there anyone here who is directly connected to Diane, IS's first wife?

I was wondering whether the following would be an over-simplification or an accurate statement of the decision facing the jury:

IS is guilty beyond reasonable doubt
if and only if
the N&J story is false beyond reasonable doubt.

The correlation is not that strong.

If the NiJo story is false, theoretically IS may still be found innocent because of other reasonable doubt about his guilt.

The NiJo yarn is not the determining factor in this case.
It does not explain the presence of Zoplicone, the internet activity nor the financial transactions. Neither does it explain IS' behaviour on April 11 and later days.

This might be out of turn to ask, but is there anyone here who is directly connected to Diane, IS's first wife?

I don't know, but I would bet they now have questions about her very sudden and unexpected death. And like Helen there would have been no external or even apparent internal causes if he used the same method.

I suspect the headlock that has been discussed ...it would slow the heart rate and eventually stop it if done in the right place.

It seems awful to consider but I wouldn't put anything past him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very strange the cadaver dog evidence has not been used. Why? I would have thought that was quite important.

I don't mind doing updates for a while - doesn't look like the usual updaters are online x

Did we ever hear what happened to the phone Nick & Joe gave IS so that they could contact him?

I don't recall IS saying what happened to it or Trimmer asking where it was now and when they discussed IS going on holiday it was agreed that N&J wouldn't have been able to contact him on holiday... so WTF happened to the phone?

Thanks Loz...I am on line but just about....internet keeps dropping so am not much help in doing updates at the mo

Thanks Loz...I am on line but just about....internet keeps dropping so am not much help in doing updates at the mo

A-ha! There she is ;)

No problem - quiet day again today, so can do them this morning at least.

The correlation is not that strong.

If the NiJo story is false, theoretically IS may still be found innocent because of other reasonable doubt about his guilt.

The NiJo yarn is not the determining factor in this case.
It does not explain the presence of Zoplicone, the internet activity nor the financial transactions. Neither does it explain IS' behaviour on April 11 and later days.

And the cadaver dog evidence.

Very strange the cadaver dog evidence has not been used. Why? I would have thought that was quite important.

But it has. Isn't that how we know about it?
I'm sure Mr Trimmer will include it in his closing argument as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr