GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a defence witness - can't think what he might say.

I remember this being in the papers...he claims to have seen Helen a few weeks after she was missing

Jack Hardy ‏@JackHardy9 [video=twitter;831820430788919297]https://twitter.com/JackHardy9/status/831820430788919297[/video]

Final defence witness in the trial of Ian Stewart has forgotten his reading glasses. Well-meaning usher volunteers her pair. No joy.

:waiting::waiting::waiting:

Finally! We are off

Good morning everyone

Helen, who hated driving and didn't have a Range Rover. Unless her kidnappers were letting her swan about in theirs :rolleyes:

IS has certainly fabricated his story in saying 'Joe' had a dark coloured Range Rover when he visited to fit with the cafe owner apparently seeing Helen driving one...FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12606434

10:54
Former cafe owner gives evidence

The first witness is Edward Farmer, who owned a cafe in Broadstairs - the Continental Corner Cafe in Charlotte Street. He says he had that business 12 years but sold it last year. “The cafe is down the high street, the street it’s in is a one way street going east to west. It’s fairly central in Broadstairs.”

Oh wasn't this the bloke who saw Helen driving a dark jeep in Broadstairs? We shall see I guess.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12606434

11:04
'She drove past me in the car'

“She drove past me in the car. I told my wife I had seen Helen when I got back to the shop.
“I just can’t remember when I saw her. It was at some point in mid April to the beginning of May that I saw her in the car when I was walking on Charlotte Street.”

This was after she was reported missing and therefore in the news etc....? But he didn't take note of when he had seen her?

Weird.

Where on earth is this going?! All the twists and turns, it's like an Agatha Christie novel. Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple will enter the courtroom soon with a whole different solution. :p

Sadly we know with every high profile MisPer case that false sightings come in from all over the globe. IS must have loved all these when they were made last year.

Where on earth is this going?! All the twists and turns, it's like an Agatha Christie novel. Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple will enter the courtroom soon with a whole different solution. :p

It's got to be Columbo with a "Oh just one other thing" just as he's about to leave the room.

11:09
[h=3]Reporter from The Sun[/h]Mr Farmer is now being cross-examined by the prosecution.
Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer asks: “When a reporter from The Sun came to see you, you were unaware Helen was missing?”
F: “Yes.”
T: “Did the reporter ask you if you knew Helen?”
F: “I said yes, as a customer. She hadn’t been in for longer than a year at this point.”

No the Defence wouldn't bring it up, why would they, but why didn't the Prosecution bring it up again when they were quizzing him recently? It is devastating for IS but I guess he would claim it was J&N who did it :thinking:

“He then said you won’t need the phone while you’re in Spain, and he took it off me
Ah it must have been another phone they lifted off him. They "took" this one.

Yes I remember now, it was Helen's phone they "lifted". I remember thinking it sounded like he was sitting down to have had it lifted off him by someone towering over him. I'm really enthralled by his story as you can see.

:jail:

Thanks for finding that. So they conveniently took it back before his Spain trip *rolls eyes*

11:12
[h=3]'It could have been May, April or March'[/h]T: “You were asked by the reporter when you last saw her. You didn’t have a diary, nor any definitive means of saying when it was. It could have been May, April or March, am I right?”
T: “All of those dates are possible, yes?”
T: “The Sun reporter contacted the police to say they had spoken to you, and police came to speak to you. You told them you thought it was a black 4x4 vehicle she was driving. Did she seem confident when she was driving?”
T: “Was it a black BMW, or a white jeep?”
F: “No.”
T: “Had you seen Helen in a car at all before?”
F: “No.”

No the Defence wouldn't bring it up, why would they, but why didn't the Prosecution bring it up again when they were quizzing him recently? It is devastating for IS but I guess he would claim it was J&N who did it :thinking:

They have to decide what to focus on and what to leave sitting as is I suppose. The dog evidence was cut and dried. They can't bring it in and put it on the stand, although we'd all love them to try. :D

ETA I might be wrong but the Pros can only cross examine the defendant on the evidence he has given can't they? He's not their witness.

What the dog? They wouldn't ask IS why the dog indicated. It is just evidence for the jury that contradicts his claim that Helen was killed elsewhere and brought back to the pit by NJ already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties