Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement did not include demand for £500,000

On 13 December the defence case statement was served on the Crown. It contained no reference to use of Zopiclone by Helen Bailey. It contained no reference to the suggestion of a demand of half a million pounds. The defendant reviewed the defence case statement personally before it was served. Extracts from Helen Bailey’s book that are now included in the jury bundle are true copies of the original book.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

Yes, they're our two young ones hoping for a scrap of bacon. Little tikes ;)

Awww they are too cute LozDa! Pet Power! I just know all the animals are with us today, rooting for Helen and Boris. Oh and Jenspired - tea bags always, though I do feel rather a *advertiser censored* when I remember my darling grannie who set out a beautiful tea tray for herself several times a day using a teapot, proper leaves and tea strainer - and no mugs for her, only a bone china cup and saucer would do! Your afternoon tea wedding sounds very classy - Congratulations!

On 13 December the defence case statement was served on the Crown. It contained no reference to use of Zopiclone by Helen Bailey. It contained no reference to the suggestion of a demand of half a million pounds. The defendant reviewed the defence case statement personally before it was served. Extracts from Helen Bailey’s book that are now included in the jury bundle are true copies of the original book.

I'm assuming this means (apart from all of the other guff he spouted) that he totally busked this part of his 'evidence' re : the half a million and zopiclone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds worrying. Is IS possibly trying to prove his defence was not up to speed by not including points he had told his solicitors? Perhaps all will be explained - I'm just nervous.

I feel so thick but I don't understand what is happening. Can someone please explain to me as though I am 5 and also behind the rest of the class?

This sounds worrying. Is IS possibly trying to prove his defence was not up to speed by not including points he had told his solicitors? Perhaps all will be explained - I'm just nervous.

I think it means he didn't actually mention it to his defence at that stage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Facts read to jurors

Jurors are coming into the courtroom. There will be some more agreed facts read out to jurors. The statement of Nathaniel Cary, pathologist, was served on November 27, 2016. The defendant gave instructions to his solicitors on 16 nov that Helen Bailey had taken the Zopiclone from him On 21 November defendant told his solicitors that Joe drove a black/dark grey range rover On 21 November the defendant told his solicitors that Joe and Nick demanded half a million pounds

He would have been aware though that zopiclone was going to be found, even if he hadn't had it confirmed yet. So he was getting the explanation is before the pathologist had confirmed

As for the dark range rover... when did he get to hear that a witness thought they'd seen Helen in one? that's what I'd like to know.

But he signed off on the defence personally, it said...? I'm very confused.

Am confused - why didnt Defence include these facts ( !! ) that IS had told them about ?

also, what was all the fuss about the book ? sounds as though the Defence just had not had time to copy up certain passages that they wanted to submit in evidence ?

I'm assuming this means (apart from all of the other guff he spouted) that he totally busked this part of his 'evidence' re : the half a million and zopiclone?

Yes, Strimmer made that clear at the time. Odd that this was earlier said to be defence evidence - as usual it comes from the defence but helps the prosecution.
ETA Yes, forgot that as Alyce says the earlier info contradicts this.

Or something Helen said in her book which might (if read in a certain way) back up the ridiculous tale he has told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He would have been aware though that zopiclone was going to be found, even if he hadn't had it confirmed yet. So he was getting the explanation is before the pathologist had confirmed

As for the dark range rover... when did he get to hear that a witness thought they'd seen Helen in one? that's what I'd like to know.

It was in the Sun newspaper!

But he had told his solicitor in advance so I presume it is being allowed to stand. I'm not fan of IS but seems his solicitor let him down over the statement.

How can they not tell us what has gone into the jury bundles?! Have some compassion on the sleuths!!

I feel so thick but I don't understand what is happening. Can someone please explain to me as though I am 5 and also behind the rest of the class?

Am sittin at the back with you Loz, I have no clue

We'd love a dog one day but currently have four gerbils. They also eye up our food in a cute manner! Your doggies are gorgeous - I'm a sucker for floppy ears.

They also want justice for Helen and Boris!

Here is Diddly, one of our rescued gerbils:
dc9769c85dc407e84d03e58aa565e4c6.jpg

Oh what a tangled web we weave

that was in the news even before IS had been arrested

But he had told his solicitor in advance so I presume it is being allowed to stand. I'm not fan of IS but seems his solicitor let him down over the statement.

How can they not tell us what has gone into the jury bundles?! Have some compassion on the sleuths!!

BUT the dozy idiot signed off on his own defence...problem being he's told so many lies, it was impossible for him to remember everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members