GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

This is odd. Has it been suggested anywhere that IS income might stop or be stopped in the (near) future?

If that is so, it would be one helluva motive IMHO.
If he is on state disability benefits then this could be stopped at any time due to the harsh measures over the last few years. His lifestyle doesn't seem to indicate that he is incapacitated a lot of the time and he would need to prove it was at reassessment. I can't see that his works pension would equate to 2,000 per month when he left work in his mid-thirties. His income must be a combination of the two and he could quite easily lose any state income.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Defence say Helen could have made the failed log-in attempts to the couple's joint account

“You heard from witnesses yesterday that said Helen Bailey was still alive on the afternoon of April 11.
“But there is a log in at 2.28pm to Helen’s account using her pin and debit card.
“There were two failed attempts to set up a standing order to the couple’s joint account.
“Rather than risk three failed attempts and possibly a lock out, the pre-existing one was amended, from £600 to £4,000 a month. “Who’s the most likely candidate for having made a computer error? Stewart, the Crown say a computer expert, or Helen Bailey?
“Why having just killed your partner, if it’s Stewart and he’s trying to pretend to be Helen, why would he be so stupid to use his computer to log in to her bank, rather than use hers if she’s dead in the cesspit as the prosecution say?”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

ha ha...easy one that .....because he can't use a Mac !

Maybe that was the motive - that there was going to be reduction in his benefits under the new laws? £2k seems very high to be pension /or benefits. It makes sense to be a combination of the two - thanks Janeh.

I wonder when the jury will be sent out and how long it will take for them to deliberate? ??? I know it will seem endless. Did we have a thread here for the Tobin case? It is unusual for me to follow a UK case in WS
Thanks to all the brilliant UK posters on this case, I knew very little about this case at all but have become transfixed by it.

I hope that the rest of his days are times of utter misery for him.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

And getting the password wrong, or whatever mistakes he made, is not a "computer error"!

I take back my sympathies for him. He appears to be trying to get the *advertiser censored* acquitted. Not that he'll succeed.

He hadn’t even claimed the still outstanding £43,000 of investments remaining from his wife Diane

I wonder if that is because he has it sitting somewhere in an account, gaining interest, and had not told Helen about it.....perhaps she might have suggested he could contribute a bit more to the purchase of Hartwell Lodge if she had known.

note in previous testimony he also claimed that she allowed him to reserve £50k of his own house sale as "play money" ( his words) . Have always been doubtful of that.

plus
not touching the S.Order £ is similar to an M.O. of him not touching Dianes £40K IF there was sthng susp about her death

If they married, for instance? Would that happen?

It's often part of the terms of a widow's/widower's pension. Certainly used to be the case in Public Service schemes and Diane would have been in such a scheme.

This is very slow compared to Strimmer's closing.

Either there's a lot they are not reporting, or he's having long thinks between sentences

1b2507ef440c4585397091e4b850b69d.jpg

Just traveling past St Albans on the way to Kent, wish I could stop off and hear the closing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defence say Helen could have made the failed log-in attempts to the couple's joint account

“You heard from witnesses yesterday that said Helen Bailey was still alive on the afternoon of April 11.
“But there is a log in at 2.28pm to Helen’s account using her pin and debit card.
“There were two failed attempts to set up a standing order to the couple’s joint account.
“Rather than risk three failed attempts and possibly a lock out, the pre-existing one was amended, from £600 to £4,000 a month. “Who’s the most likely candidate for having made a computer error? Stewart, the Crown say a computer expert, or Helen Bailey?
“Why having just killed your partner, if it’s Stewart and he’s trying to pretend to be Helen, why would he be so stupid to use his computer to log in to her bank, rather than use hers if she’s dead in the cesspit as the prosecution say?”

ha ha...easy one that .....because he can't use a Mac !

Why is the defence pointing out how stupid IS is? I wish they'd just hurry up and put IS in jail now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive safely please!!

Sorry it's the mum in me.

I know people worry about the jury, but when they fail to agree it's often not difficult to imagine why. One person was prepared to entertain the possibility that Ian Huntley's victims died in a bizarre accident. In the Joanna Yeates case, the jury weren't asked to decide whether Vincent Tabak killed her, only whether he did so with intent. Two of them weren't sure.

Drive safely please!!

Sorry it's the mum in me.

she means stop taking photos at the wheel LOL !!

ETA Mind you if you come across a prison van with a GGHW inside, feel free to ram into it Hunkerdown

On the day he is meant to have killed her he had £22,000 in the joint account'

“We say this was Helen Bailey using Stewart’s computer, because her desk was always cluttered and his laptop had the advantage of being plugged into that large screen.
“He was either upstairs having a rest asleep, or he was asleep in the green chair.
“This nonsense that Helen would have to be logging onto Stewart’s computer sitting on his lap is ridiculous.
“The prosecution are ignoring the physical evidence that the photographs of the house pick out.
“If this man is a computer expert and is going to try to cover his tracks on his computer, surely this expert could have deleted the whole of his internet history so as not to leave any trace of any log in on his computer.
“So Stewart has killed Helen for greed, out of money, and has changed the standing order.
“On April 11, the day he is meant to have killed her, he had £22,000 in the joint account, let alone what is in his account.
“He doesn’t need further monthly transfers in.”

There was no massive expenditure or change to spending patterns after her death'
“Are there sudden massive withdrawals of money from the joint account after Helen’s death? No.
“There is no different pattern of spending, no personal amounts removed, no transfers of money to his account.
“Once the money goes in from Helen’s amended Barclay’s payment on May 9, are there any massive payments? No.
“Only the Arsenal season tickets, which he thought only he could do in her name and using her card for their joint account.
“This was to ensure continuity, and to ensure Helen wouldn’t lose out on those season tickets.
“It’s hardly earth shattering expenditure.”

Their life was more than going well, it was almost idyllic'
“Financial gain is Stewart’s sole motive, say the prosecution, and you may think it’s total rubbish.
“It’s not money, or greed, that you could properly conclude in any way as a motive that Stewart killed Helen Bailey.
“Their life was more than going well, it was almost idyllic, you’ve seen the comfortable warm lovely home they had. “Space for her, space for him, space for Boris, space for the boys, a big swimming pool.
“Perfect for all their needs. He wouldn’t want any of that without Helen Bailey.
“And given the loss he suffered many are not fortunate to find again, the love of a good woman who, on the evidence, more than loved him.
“The Crown say he is a predator, but he is no stalker searching for bereaved widows and seeking to get their money.
“He was a widower himself.”

I know people worry about the jury, but when they fail to agree it's often not difficult to imagine why. One person was prepared to entertain the possibility that Ian Huntley's victims died in a bizarre accident. In the Joanna Yeates case, the jury weren't asked to decide whether Vincent Tabak killed her, only whether he did so with intent. Two of them weren't sure.

Will Russell Flint really ask the jury to entertain the possibility of Joe and Nick? It looks as if he might.

I absolutely concur: she was desperate to have someone in her life and hated to be alone with grief. Sadly he got her when she was vulnerable and reeling with loss. She was waltzed into a relationship with him by him because she was wealthy attractive intelligent and he pounced. That's just my opinion of course. A dear friend married a similar man in similar circs but she did live to regret it and had managed to see through him and get out before he ruined her or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur