GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a full-blown, straightforward lie'
“The kidnappers just happened upon someone taking zopiclone in increasing quantities? It’s absurd.
“This defendant has two good friends called Nick and Joe. They may or may not look like his story of Nick and Joe.
“Stewart struggled to remember what he was talking about, giving the name Dave at one stage.
“If you’re going to pull out something from your mental filing cabinet it’s easy to pull out a name, and stick with a name you actually know.
“This is a full blown, straightforward lie.”

'Why was there no mention of compensation or sleeping drugs in defence case statement?'
“In the defence case statement, there is no mention of half a million pounds required in compensation.
“How can it be that you forget that?
“And zopiclone is central to the prosecution allegation against him. How can you forget that Helen Bailey searched for it, told him he couldn’t take it, took it off him, and said she’d take it herself?
“How does the defendant forget that?
“He said the reason zopiclone wasn’t in the defence case statement was because he didn’t think it was relevant.”

The tale beyond this becomes so absurd that a child who wrote it in his essay aged 11 might be laughed at by the rest of his class'
“The tale beyond this becomes so absurd that a child who wrote it in his essay aged 11 might be laughed at by the rest of his class. “What we have is Stewart in custody, somebody attacks him and says ‘don’t snitch’ which he takes to mean not to tell police about what had actually happened.
“So have Nick and Joe got the entirety of Bedford Prison under control?
“A little while later, somebody comes with an illicit phone inside the prison.
“On the other end is someone who says ‘sorry about Helen’. Do kidnappers do that?
“And some time later ‘you need not worry about Joe he has been dealt with. You can tell police what happened’.
“It’s your judgement not mine, but this is total fantasy.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

Love how he is tearing into him saying he's like a stupid 11 year old. Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go Defence Closing

Defence case begins its closing speech

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint is now giving his closing speech.
“So what do you think? It’s obvious according to Mr Trimmer, a slam dunk. An obvious decision.
“There’s considerable pressure being heaped upon you to do the right thing.
“This is the awful monstrous man who killed this lovely children’s author, a tragic widow.
“He’s the man who killed the defenseless Boris the dog.
“Do you have the strength of mind and the courage to listen to and analyse all the evidence, and to consider that with an open and unprejudiced mind?
“Are you going to be able to resist the temptation to not engage in speculation or guesswork?
“Not to indulge your own emotions when one considers the body of a lady and a dog in a cesspit?”
“If you have any reasonable doubts, you must find Stewart not guilty of each of the charges.
“You must be brave, and must consider whether you have to courage and strength to do that.”

Why would Nick and Joe want to kill Helen and Boris?'

“One of the most powerful questions for a jury to ask of a story or tale or piece of evidence is why? I suggest you ask that question.
“Why was Helen killed if Nick and Joe took her? What would that achieve?
“She had no access to anything very much, she couldn’t find anything.
“Stewart was not asked to get anything, There were no demands made.
“They didn’t say ‘we’ll kill her unless you do this’.
“Don’t all kidnappers do that?
“Why was Boris killed? Why didn’t they just leave him? They didn’t need to take him at all.
“What was the toy in the cesspit? Why the pillow slip? Because they were part of the killing of Helen Bailey.”

Stewart is 'quite simply, a devious killer'
“Stewart is the Gorgeous Grey Haired Widower. You’ve seen him, heard his story, how he came into contact with Helen, how she changed her entire wealth structure in his favour.
“And you’ve heard a host of lies from the defendant.
“He is quite simply, a devious killer.”

Master Stroke of repeating the GGHW description.

I feel sorry for him. I know it's his job, but he has to stretch nothing into something.

I feel sorry for him. I know it's his job, but he has to stretch nothing into something.

I can't imagine that he feels any differently from the rest of us - except it's worse for him because he's had to deal with this wretched creature and all his crap.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 48s49 seconds ago

#helenbailey Prosecution rests its case claiming Ian Stewart's story a "heist of lies...he is a devious killer

Bravo Strimmer - you have allowed us to believe in Justice for Helen and her beloved Boris. We applaud you!

I feel sorry for him. I know it's his job, but he has to stretch nothing into something.[/QUOTE

silk purses and sows ears or

Pig-Doing-Makeup-Funny-Picture.jpg

Sounded to me like the defence was telling the jury he did it as well.... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he is repeating this script over and over again, so Tara isn't bothering to tweet it..

It's always the partner, isn't it?'

“The pressure is on for you to do the right thing.
“Next week, what’s going to happen to you after this is all over?
“The 12 of you randomly selected to come to this court each day and to form this jury?
“You’re going to be going back to your everyday lives, and people will be asking you what you have been up to for seven or eight weeks.
“It’s always the partner, isn’t it? The one who gives the impassioned plea to the press, organising searches, pleading with the missing person to come home.
“It’s always them isn’t it? It’s always the last person to claim to have seen her alive.
“You might say ‘well we all think that, who else could it be?’
“You might say ‘The Joe and Nick story, interesting, but how can we prove it’s true?’
“It isn’t for Mr Stewart to have to prove anything. The burden of proof is on the prosecution, to make us sure.
“You might say there are a number of highly speculative theories on the prosecution’s part.
“Even when the logic of their own case crumbled in front of our very eyes.
We were told not to decide the case on speculation, but on actual evidence.”

What caused this smart, loving, family man aged 55 to suddenly decide to kill Helen Bailey?'
“There are questions that need to be answered.
“These are ‘Why how, where, when and who?
“Why would Stewart want to kill Helen? What motive did he have? What caused him, this smart, loving, family man aged 55 at the time, with no history or background of violence at all - what made him suddenly decide to kill Helen Bailey?
“The reality is that this is one of the hardest if not impossible questions for the Crown to answer, because there is no sensible reason. “What you would want to know before you convicted someone, is the answer to that question.”

Smart ? - he's pushing it a bit there !

Fantastic prosecution speech by Trimmer. Made the hairs on my back of my neck stand up when he described how Poor Helen and Boris died.
like Snoppy I liked the mention of how it sounded like an eleven year old's tale. And his "influence" of Bedford's prison.
is the defence going to take a minute now?!

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint is now giving his closing speech.

“So what do you think? It’s obvious according to Mr Trimmer, a slam dunk. An obvious decision.

“There’s considerable pressure being heaped upon you to do the right thing.

“This is the awful monstrous man who killed this lovely children’s author, a tragic widow.

“He’s the man who killed the defenseless Boris the dog.

“Do you have the strength of mind and the courage to listen to and analyse all the evidence, and to consider that with an open and unprejudiced mind?

“Are you going to be able to resist the temptation to not engage in speculation or guesswork?

“Not to indulge your own emotions when one considers the body of a lady and a dog in a cesspit?”

“If you have any reasonable doubts, you must find Stewart not guilty of each of the charges.

“You must be brave, and must consider whether you have to courage and strength to do that.”

Isn't it up to the judge to instruct the jury? :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

“Even when the logic of their own case crumbled in front of our very eyes."

Eh?

There is nothing in Stewart's past or present to suggest this type of violence'

“There’s nothing in Stewart’s past or present hinted at to demonstrate this type of violence or aggression in his life at all.
“What would make him say ‘I know, I think I’ll kill the woman who has made my life so happy, so pleasant, so comfortable’?
“It makes no sense at all. In fact, it’s complete nonsense.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members