GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Stewart’s trial at St Albans crown court was told he began “love-bombing” the grief-stricken 51-year-old to win his way into her favour – and later her will.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“She was absolutely besotted with him – the gorgeous, grey-haired widower.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It is a matter of common sense and knowledge that someone shortly bereaved might not have the logical equipment to see she was being deceived.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“And the crown say she was being grossly deceived by someone who was preying on her.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...reyed-on-her-to-get-into-her-will-court-hears
[/FONT]

The way it's going so far does anyone else think that defence will complete this afternoon and leave the whole of tomorrow for the judge's summing up?

I had hoped for judge's summing up over by lunch (or just after), jury out/back (in ten minutes !!) then 2 long days for IS to contemplate the probable length of his sentence to be given Monday ?

:eek: No way! That would be allowing no time for the closing arguments from both counsels.
And the judge will take all the time that is necessary. He said a while back that he expected to send the jury out on Monday.

The case resumes

The case has been called back on. There is now one further agreed fact in the case to be read to jurors.

The agreed fact is: “DS Graham Paul examined Helen Bailey’s iPad for the term zopiclone and myasthenia gravis.

“He also searched for reductions of these terms. None of the terms could be found in the searches on the device.

“The internet search history of the device dated March 30 and April 19.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

And there we have it! No search history for zopiclone on the very iPad that IS claims Helen showed him the zopiclone search findings on .

I don't see how that agreed fact helps ?

IS evidence said Helen took the Zopiclone pack from him immediately and searched on her Ipad....this was January 25

Yeah but if she was searching for sleepiness and had knowingly been taking zopiclone it would have shown up at some point around then surely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how that agreed fact helps ?

IS evidence said Helen took the Zopiclone pack from him immediately and searched on her Ipad....this was January 25

Tara and dates? (maybe)

Prosecution continues closing speech

Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer is continuing his closing speech.
“The Crown say Helen Bailey’s phone was later disposed of where it would never be found. It couldn’t be tracked, because there was no sim card in it.
“On July 11 bodycam footage showed police arriving at Stewart’s house.
“Some of the phrases during his arrest are important. Stewart is told in formal terms he is arrested for murder, and fraud.
“He says ‘you’re joking?’. This man knows Helen is apparently with kidnappers threatening her life.”

If Nick and Joe were true he knows the woman he allowed to be kidnapped is now dead'
Mr Trimmer continues: “Stewart has been arrested for murder. If Nick and Joe were true, he knows the woman he allowed to be kidnapped was now dead.
“Stewart sat on the stairs and said ‘bloody hell why? What happened?’ but he does understand. According to him he knows full well where she is - with the supposed kidnappers.
“He then says ‘Have you found Helen? Where is she? I don’t know why the garage door is open’. Why in that moment of crisis does the garage pop into his head? That’s the least he should be concerned about.”

And there we have it! No search history for zopiclone on the very iPad that IS claims Helen showed him the zopiclone search findings on .

this was his cross on 9th feb
Trimmer: “If I have your evidence correct, you went back home with your zopiclone and Helen got to hear about it.”
Stewart: “Yes, I showed it to her”.
Trimmer: “She went to her computer and googled it?”
Stewart: “Yes, she showed me from her iPad websites to say you shouldn’t take zopiclone with your health condition.”
Trimmer: “Do you remember which site this was?”
Stewart: “No.”
Trimmer: “We should expect to find that search on Helen’s iPad?”
Stewart: “Yes”.
Trimmer: “Until this point the prosecution have not heard that zopiclone was taken from you and Helen researched it?
Stewart: “Yes”.
Trimmer: “So we should expect to find a search for this on Helen’s iPad?
Stewart: “No, Helen regularly deleted history. This is something she always did.”

RB you have such a wonderful turn of phrase. The only point missing for me so far is the cadaver hit. Maybe Trimmer is going to use that as the last nail in his coffin, so to speak.

Thanks IB, though I remember when people used to compliment me on my turn of pace! Alas, that ship has well and truly been scuttled!

I think he probably will mention the cadaver dog although IS would just blame it on NiJo. Given Strimmer's already emphasized that it's either IS or NiJo perhaps he thinks it's not needed?

What he didn't say on his arrest was anything about Nick, Joe, zoplicone, about a reward'

“This is the mind of the man who has now been arrested for murder, he’s entitled not to answer questions, and can sit there and say nothing.
“But the words of the caution effectively say beware if you don’t answer the questions now, some time down the line if in court you tell a story, the jury might well think you made it up.
“And I suggest that’s exactly what you should think.
“What he didn’t say on his arrest was anything about Nick, Joe, zopiclone, about a reward.
“None of that he now tells you is true.
“The Crown say he is hiding behind his legal advice.”

He ought to have said: ' I'm going to get those people. I don't care what they'll do to me'."

“He would have still run with lie number one, but he is released on bail until July 12.
“He can’t live in the house anymore because searches go on until July 15.
“He has to stay in a hotel, along with his two sons.
“On July 15, police find Helen’s body, the dog’s body and the other things in the cesspit, and Stewart is arrested again.
“His sons are nearby, he knows where they are.
“There’s no doubt now that Helen Bailey is not only dead, but somebody has put her in the cesspit full of excrement, together with the dog, the toy, pillow slip and some bin bags.
“The woman he spent all that time with is now without doubt dead, and has been dealt with in the most awful fashion. That ought to be enough, for him to say ‘I’m going to get those people, I don’t care what they’ll do to me’.
“He said he couldn’t tell police about Nick and Joe because of threats to his two sons. His sons were in a hotel that day.
“But he said nothing at all”.

She was sitting at her desk with no shoes on when she was smothered'
“You saw how carefully Helen’s body was taken out of the pit, by the side so it came out as far as possible, in the condition it went in. “So Nathaniel Cary, the pathologist, can tell you what he found.
“But he didn’t find much at all. There were no broken bones, no obvious bruises, nothing there which showed she had been beaten, had her legs or arms broken, or had her head stoved in. She had no shoes on.
“Nick and Joe had dealt with her so carefully when they killed her had they?
“Stewart told you that Nick and Joe showed him how they would deal with Helen by putting a hand round his neck.
“By this time he had seen the pathologist’s report, saying that he couldn’t exclude that Helen was smothered.
“Why was she wearing no shoes? Because she was sitting at her desk with no shoes on. And she was smothered and taken as she was, to that cesspit.”

This tales becomes utterly absurd'

“Lie number two begins to emerge on November 16, and 21, through the defence case statement. “The Crown say the defence case statement was late because Stewart was bereaving away, filling the statement with every part he could of this tale he had made up. “But in order to do so this tale becomes utterly absurd.
“This tale involves people called Nick and Joe, who have no names beyond that, it involves kidnappers who exposed themselves to the defendant - there was no need to do that, because according to this defendant they knew his phone number.
“Why would they bother to risk coming to the house?”

Why on earth would the kidnappers want to meet in Broadstairs and why would they want Helen's phone?'
“These people have to have Stewart go to Broadstairs, because by now Stewart knows the phone has been seen in Broadstairs.
“Why on earth would the kidnappers want to meet in Broadstairs, and why would they want Helen’s phone?
“What can that phone have in it in any value to Nick and Joe? It first went on the network in 2011.
“John Sinfield died before 2011.
“The only purpose of weaving that into the story is to get the phone to the router in Broadstairs.”

“But the words of the caution effectively say beware if you don’t answer the questions now, some time down the line if in court you tell a story, the jury might well think you made it up.
“And I suggest that’s exactly what you should think.

Lol. Nicely put, just incase the jury weren't aware what a police caution means.

This is a full-blown, straightforward lie'
“The kidnappers just happened upon someone taking zopiclone in increasing quantities? It’s absurd.
“This defendant has two good friends called Nick and Joe. They may or may not look like his story of Nick and Joe.
“Stewart struggled to remember what he was talking about, giving the name Dave at one stage.
“If you’re going to pull out something from your mental filing cabinet it’s easy to pull out a name, and stick with a name you actually know.
“This is a full blown, straightforward lie.”

'Why was there no mention of compensation or sleeping drugs in defence case statement?'
“In the defence case statement, there is no mention of half a million pounds required in compensation.
“How can it be that you forget that?
“And zopiclone is central to the prosecution allegation against him. How can you forget that Helen Bailey searched for it, told him he couldn’t take it, took it off him, and said she’d take it herself?
“How does the defendant forget that?
“He said the reason zopiclone wasn’t in the defence case statement was because he didn’t think it was relevant.”

The tale beyond this becomes so absurd that a child who wrote it in his essay aged 11 might be laughed at by the rest of his class'
“The tale beyond this becomes so absurd that a child who wrote it in his essay aged 11 might be laughed at by the rest of his class. “What we have is Stewart in custody, somebody attacks him and says ‘don’t snitch’ which he takes to mean not to tell police about what had actually happened.
“So have Nick and Joe got the entirety of Bedford Prison under control?
“A little while later, somebody comes with an illicit phone inside the prison.
“On the other end is someone who says ‘sorry about Helen’. Do kidnappers do that?
“And some time later ‘you need not worry about Joe he has been dealt with. You can tell police what happened’.
“It’s your judgement not mine, but this is total fantasy.”

IS's tomfoolery must be so entry level to Trimmer:

““Why on earth would the kidnappers want to meet in Broadstairs, and why would they want Helen’s phone?What can that phone have in it in any value to Nick and Joe? It first went on the network in 2011.
“John Sinfield died before 2011.

this is where Trimmers fraud case expertise comes in, this fiction is so clumsy & ham-fisted in comparison

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 48s49 seconds ago

#helenbailey Prosecution rests its case claiming Ian Stewart's story a "heist of lies...he is a devious killer

Why would Nick and Joe want to kill Helen and Boris?'

“One of the most powerful questions for a jury to ask of a story or tale or piece of evidence is why? I suggest you ask that question.
“Why was Helen killed if Nick and Joe took her? What would that achieve?
“She had no access to anything very much, she couldn’t find anything.
“Stewart was not asked to get anything, There were no demands made.
“They didn’t say ‘we’ll kill her unless you do this’.
“Don’t all kidnappers do that?
“Why was Boris killed? Why didn’t they just leave him? They didn’t need to take him at all.
“What was the toy in the cesspit? Why the pillow slip? Because they were part of the killing of Helen Bailey.”

Stewart is 'quite simply, a devious killer'
“Stewart is the Gorgeous Grey Haired Widower. You’ve seen him, heard his story, how he came into contact with Helen, how she changed her entire wealth structure in his favour.
“And you’ve heard a host of lies from the defendant.
“He is quite simply, a devious killer.”

That’s the end of Mr Trimmer’s closing speech.

It appears I've been deleted from the group with no message. I'm quite frankly appalled at them and am sure about 50% of the group are reading this as well.

If you are my message to you is.... ignoring the fact a murderer came onto the fb page and killed one of the best known members for money is not something that the group should be ignoring as if it didn't happen. It SHOULD be being talked about. The vulnerability of people after loss is horrendous, I know myself. People need to be aware of the extremes that can happen. I'm also sure his family aren't reading anything that would upset them. Quite frankly giving pips abuse and deleting me is a disgrace and whoever did it needs to wind their neck in. Ian Stewart does not deserve or have any right to be protected in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've given up my right to anonymity but I had already done so to readers of the forum who were familiar with Helen's story after she became a widow. I've posted today on FB and have already had much support. It just goes to show that you shouldn't just listen to one voice ... however I have not heard one dissenter to say he's innocent x

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 48s49 seconds ago

#helenbailey Prosecution rests its case claiming Ian Stewart's story a "heist of lies...he is a devious killer

[FONT=&quot]“He is quite simply, a devious killer.”[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member