Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the day he is meant to have killed her he had £22,000 in the joint account'

“We say this was Helen Bailey using Stewart’s computer, because her desk was always cluttered and his laptop had the advantage of being plugged into that large screen.
“He was either upstairs having a rest asleep, or he was asleep in the green chair.
“This nonsense that Helen would have to be logging onto Stewart’s computer sitting on his lap is ridiculous.
“The prosecution are ignoring the physical evidence that the photographs of the house pick out.
“If this man is a computer expert and is going to try to cover his tracks on his computer, surely this expert could have deleted the whole of his internet history so as not to leave any trace of any log in on his computer.
“So Stewart has killed Helen for greed, out of money, and has changed the standing order.
“On April 11, the day he is meant to have killed her, he had £22,000 in the joint account, let alone what is in his account.
“He doesn’t need further monthly transfers in.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

No he doesn't need. He wants.

note in previous testimony he also claimed that she allowed him to reserve £50k of his own house sale as "play money" ( his words) . Have always been doubtful of that.

plus
not touching the S.Order £ is similar to an M.O. of him not touching Dianes £40K IF there was sthng susp about her death

The defence is sounding desperate. We know IS didn't need the money - it was sheer greed! And the Crown does not need to explain why he did it any further than that. How does anyone explain the evil actions of a psychopath? Not sure Mr R F should have reminded the Jury about IS' first wife who also died tragically young... And the very fact he did not touch £43k of her money, that was his for the taking, strikes me as suspicious, not admirable!

If he is on state disability benefits then this could be stopped at any time due to the harsh measures over the last few years. His lifestyle doesn't seem to indicate that he is incapacitated a lot of the time and he would need to prove it was at reassessment. I can't see that his works pension would equate to 2,000 per month when he left work in his mid-thirties. His income must be a combination of the two and he could quite easily lose any state income.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It came up in another case(where nobody but her carers had seen the missing lady in years) that they are in the process of moving everybody off disability living allowance and on to personal independence payments so yes he might well have received a letter to tell him he was going to be reassessed.

Just carried this over as we are on a new page

On the day he is meant to have killed her he had £22,000 in the joint account'
“We say this was Helen Bailey using Stewart’s computer, because her desk was always cluttered and his laptop had the advantage of being plugged into that large screen.
“He was either upstairs having a rest asleep, or he was asleep in the green chair.
“This nonsense that Helen would have to be logging onto Stewart’s computer sitting on his lap is ridiculous.
“The prosecution are ignoring the physical evidence that the photographs of the house pick out.
“If this man is a computer expert and is going to try to cover his tracks on his computer, surely this expert could have deleted the whole of his internet history so as not to leave any trace of any log in on his computer.
“So Stewart has killed Helen for greed, out of money, and has changed the standing order.
“On April 11, the day he is meant to have killed her, he had £22,000 in the joint account, let alone what is in his account.
“He doesn’t need further monthly transfers in.”

There was no massive expenditure or change to spending patterns after her death'
“Are there sudden massive withdrawals of money from the joint account after Helen’s death? No.
“There is no different pattern of spending, no personal amounts removed, no transfers of money to his account.
“Once the money goes in from Helen’s amended Barclay’s payment on May 9, are there any massive payments? No.
“Only the Arsenal season tickets, which he thought only he could do in her name and using her card for their joint account.
“This was to ensure continuity, and to ensure Helen wouldn’t lose out on those season tickets.
“It’s hardly earth shattering expenditure.”

Their life was more than going well, it was almost idyllic'
“Financial gain is Stewart’s sole motive, say the prosecution, and you may think it’s total rubbish.
“It’s not money, or greed, that you could properly conclude in any way as a motive that Stewart killed Helen Bailey.
“Their life was more than going well, it was almost idyllic, you’ve seen the comfortable warm lovely home they had. “Space for her, space for him, space for Boris, space for the boys, a big swimming pool.
“Perfect for all their needs. He wouldn’t want any of that without Helen Bailey.
“And given the loss he suffered many are not fortunate to find again, the love of a good woman who, on the evidence, more than loved him.
“The Crown say he is a predator, but he is no stalker searching for bereaved widows and seeking to get their money.
“He was a widower himself.”

This couple loved each other, it's in the book'

Simon Russell Flint is now reading extracts from Helen’s book, When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis.
“This book is dedicated to my gorgeous grey haired widower, I love you, you are my life.
“This couple loved each other, it’s in the book. They were both seeking solace in bereaved groups and that’s how they met, but she contacted him.
“They were more than happy together - no one disputes this.”

BIB actually, what Helen wrote was You are my happy ending ...wonder why Mr RF changed the word ending to life. perhaps didnt want to remind us of Helen's most unhappy ending

she means stop taking photos at the wheel LOL !!

ETA Mind you if you come across a prison van with a GGHW inside, feel free to ram into it Hunkerdown

Gormless Grey Haired Wan**r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During these book extracts I presume IS is feigning tears again? Michelle will know.

That's what I was thinking, it now reads to me as if IS drugged Helen with Zopiclone, (she didn't know why she was sleepy and it was worrying her) to make it easier for Nick and Joe to murder her!

(this is related to Squamous post about IS looking more guilty for mentioning zopiclone before the pathol. report)

Defence tells court there were no signs of animosity

“Do you not think that if someone was plotting to murder their partner that there just might be some small sign or indication of that? “Animosity, dislike, presumably total hatred?
“There is nothing like that at all. With all the months of police probing, the questioning of everyone who knew Helen and Stewart, the examination of computer after computer, phone records, that that would have revealed the existence or some sort of evidence, some sort of complaint somewhere about the behaviour of the other?
“Two eyewitnesses who lived in the house with them, Stewart’s sons, gave evidence. The couple’s friends. Helen’s brother, her mother. “Not a single one says anything that would indicate any issue or tension.
“No losses of temper, shouting matches, screaming, tears, throwing things, nothing. “All that anybody reports is love, friendship, happiness.”
“Jamie Stewart said money was never an issue when they were growing up. He said Stewart loved Boris too.
“Alex McGarry said Helen and Stewart had a loving relationship.
“John Bailey, said he never heard Helen say a bad thing about Stewart.
“If Helen was going to confide in anybody, surely he would be the person.”

now he really is scraping the barrel - Alex said they had a loving relationship ???

what has Jamie's comment about money never being an issue when they were growing up have to do with Helen ?
Jamie was an adult by the time he met Helen , even more so by the time he moved into her house

Oh perleeease. Ok if it wasn't the money then it was just for the kill, is that what you're saying Mr RF?

It's often part of the terms of a widow's/widower's pension. Certainly used to be the case in Public Service schemes and Diane would have been in such a scheme.

...missed the first bit but if I think you mean on remarriage a reduction or cessation of pension. From the other side,I believe Cambridge University rewrote their pension terms a few years back to protect possibly elderly, slightly unworldly (not all, I know) academics from bequeathing all their (generous) pensions to spouses they'd not been married to for long.

“John Bailey said he never heard Helen say a bad thing about Stewart."
“If Helen was going to confide in anybody, surely he would be the person.”

Disgusting to use JB in this way, and misses the point entirely.

It came up in another case(where nobody but her carers had seen the missing lady in years) that they are in the process of moving everybody off disability living allowance and on to personal independence payments so yes he might well have received a letter to tell him he was going to be reassessed.
Yes that is a recent case isn't it. I was following it on here but have got addicted to this case at the minute. It's very sad if it turns out that this lady died years ago and its only just been discovered that she is missing. And yes it does seem that the changes in disability benefits / reassessments has flagged this up.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dear Mr RF isn't this more about her loving him than him loving her?

She's not on trial you know.

now he really is scraping the barrel - Alex said they had a loving relationship ???

what has Jamie's comment about money never being an issue when they were growing up have to do with Helen ?
Jamie was an adult by the time he met Helen , even more so by the time he moved into her house

Just on BIB
“Helen and Ian weren’t touchy feely, but everything seemed fine and they would do things together. Ian is such a lovely man. “Stewart is a very nice man, kind and patient. It seemed he would do anything for anyone. I got the impression he loved Helen very much and they seemed very happy with each other.””
Alex said.
She was hardly a bosom pal of Helen's anyway.

The defence is sounding desperate. We know IS didn't need the money - it was sheer greed! And the Crown does not need to explain why he did it any further than that. How does anyone explain the evil actions of a psychopath? Not sure Mr R F should have reminded the Jury about IS' first wife who also died tragically young... And the very fact he did not touch £43k of her money, that was his for the taking, strikes me as suspicious, not admirable!

Why not give half to the boys as a deposit so they could buy a flat/small house each ?

Defence says Ms Bailey was intelligent and perceptive yet she never voiced any concerns about Stewart
“Why in the numerous correspondence that we know Helen Bailey conducted, isn’t there a single reference to some unease or unhappiness in the way Stewart was towards her?
“Why is that, if there has been this plot or plan to kill her?
“This was not a short term relationship where he could have masked his true personality. You get to know someone, and Ms Bailey was a highly intelligent and perceptive individual.
“Do you believe she would not have, at some stage, seen an aspect of Stewart’s personality or of their relationship that would not have caused her to recall to someone?”

How can the murder of Helen be financially motivated if Stewart only needed to wait a couple of months and he could have been £1.5million or so better off?'
“She has written of him with a tenderness and an appreciation of his affection and support for her.
“He didn’t rush into a relationship with her. Yes it was physical within a month, but might Helen have been equally as eager for it to become an intimate relationship?
“Was it him jumping on her, or her jumping on him, or was it mutual?
“Stewart didn’t force her to sleep with him. There’s no suggestion of rape or pressure.
“Do you think Helen is someone who would have stood for that?
“Helen was someone who understood the difference between his character and her former husband John’s character.
“Stewart was giving her the time and space to move on.
“She wanted to buy a house and move in with him. She wanted to be in a relationship with her, and when he proposed to her she accepted with no hesitation.
“The two of them planned their wedding and future together.
“Is this picture presented to you one of the damaged relationship that you might imagine when someone plans to kill their partner? “How can the murder of Helen be financially motivated if Stewart only needed to wait a couple of months and he could have been £1.5million or so better off?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member