Not open for further replies.
Is it over??

attachment.php

It's ok! You're safe now!

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 132
" . . . [FONT=&amp]the evidence that excavates Stewart from responsibility for this terrible crime[/FONT] . . . "
Very curious use of the word "excavates" . . . if correctly reported . . ..
It was the body of poor HB which was"excavated" surely?
Disrespectful referencing?

A star performance Loz - I could not have done that without losing it completely...

I have got the whole of this speech in a document ( I didnt look most of the time, just C & P )

Is it worth putting up in one long post ?

Anyone know how you get a user banned from the site?

Nice use of the word "excavates" .... Reminds me hb had to be carefully excavated .... Hope the jury take note. Not a good choice of word.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279[FONT=&amp]
“You will know if you deliver true verdicts that Stewart is not guilty of any one of the charges against him.”
[/FONT]

Strangely poor wording for the Defense to end with. Surely the best closing remark always is a reminder that verdicts must pivot on "reasonable doubt" - i.e. that "probably" guilty, or even "very probably", is not enough to convict.

I'm talking in general here - not suggesting that there is any reasonable doubt in this case.

A star performance Loz - I could not have done that without losing it completely...

I have got the whole of this speech in a document ( I didnt look most of the time, just C & P )

Is it worth putting up in one long post ?

Just for the record Alyce yes, even though none of us can bear to re- read it just now. ( So much easier to find again when we are ready for judge's directions. )

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT=&]14:44[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Something 'deep and spiritual' in Stewart

“Beware those opinions of Stewart expressed in hindsight of those difficult few months, after he was arrested, from those healthcare professionals, and even DC Daines and DC Lockwood.

“Yes Stewart might present a little oddly, but that is due to his illness myasthenia gravis.

“There must be something far more deep and spiritual in him for such a woman like Helen to have got past his physical frailness and quirks, and to love him as much as she did.”

[/FONT]

:puke:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT=&amp]14:44[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Something 'deep and spiritual' in Stewart

“Beware those opinions of Stewart expressed in hindsight of those difficult few months, after he was arrested, from those healthcare professionals, and even DC Daines and DC Lockwood.

“Yes Stewart might present a little oddly, but that is due to his illness myasthenia gravis.

“There must be something far more deep and spiritual in him for such a woman like Helen to have got past his physical frailness and quirks, and to love him as much as she did.”

[/FONT]

:puke:

I hope the jury did too.

I know Flint was just doing his job but bloody hell.

At least when all is said and done IS cannot possibly find fault with his defence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

" . . . [FONT=&amp]the evidence that excavates Stewart from responsibility for this terrible crime[/FONT] . . . "
Very curious use of the word "excavates" . . . if correctly reported . . ..
It was the body of poor HB which was"excavated" surely?
Disrespectful referencing?

Exonerates maybe?

Just for the record Alyce yes, even though none of us can bear to re- read it just now. ( So much easier to find again when we are ready for judge's directions. )

There's always one sensible one. :rolleyes:

:loveyou:

Right I'm off, to play my son's drums. Catcherlaterfolks.

Nice use of the word "excavates" .... Reminds me hb had to be carefully excavated .... Hope the jury take note. Not a good choice of word.

I immediately thought of Helen and Boris' removal from the cesspit when I read 'excavates'. 'Exonerates', surely?

PS post crossed with yours icemaiden, great literary minds, etc, lol!

Thank you LozDa for sticking with it and posting all the updates, much appreciated - now :drink:

"Be brave" says Flint..... The unspoken end of that sentence is "Don't worry about people thinking you must be completely gullible and mad for being Stewarts version of events"

[FONT=&amp]15:03[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Jury urged to 'be brave' as defence case closes before afternoon break

Addressing jurors, he says: “This is your chance. Please be strong, brave, don’t just dismiss the evidence that excavates Stewart from responsibility for this terrible crime, don’t be overwhelmed by the pressure and emotion of this ghastly case, please consider it, reflect upon it, and reach reasoned and true decisions, true verdicts according to the evidence.

“You will know if you deliver true verdicts that Stewart is not guilty of any one of the charges against him.” That’s the end of Mr Russell Flint’s closing speech. There will now be a break until 3.20pm.
[/FONT]

Having a sneak look and had to log in to ask

"ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS?" Where`s the refund counter??

This is niggling me... If IS was punched a few times by J and N was it in his stomach? Hard enough to put him on his knees? If so why didn't that leave bruises or break open his tiny weeny wound (nurses statement that this was a wound "on his belly button" which lets agree is a tiny area the size of a 5p coin?)

This is niggling me... If IS was punched a few times by J and N was it in his stomach? Hard enough to put him on his knees? If so why didn't that leave bruises or break open his tiny weeny wound (nurses statement that this was a wound "on his belly button" which lets agree is a tiny area the size of a 5p coin?)

Yes well IS's courage knows no bounds / I expect he replaced the sticking plaster himself. :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018