GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT=&quot]15:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Judge starts summing up[/h]Addressing jurors, Judge Andrew Bright said: “The prosecution say there is overwhelming evidence that Helen Bailey was murdered by Ian Stewart when they were both alone in the house, and then lied to her friends, police and family that she had gone to Broadstairs and had gone away to escape the stresses in her life.”
[/FONT]

Deep and spiritual in him. ?? No, don't mistake his quietness for that. He merely inveigled himself into her life and became essential to distract from her loneliness and grief. I still think HB killed because he realised the rose tinted specs were falling off. He needed to strike before that happened or he would get zilch. Ad he did so enjoy lying about being ill and being looked after. Ad being called Gorgeus. So much did he like that he even had one of the killers mention it! Which he received with a smile. Or a smirk.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT=&quot]15:36[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Facts for jury to decide[/h]He continues: “The case for the defendant on the other hand, was that two men called Joe and Nick were responsible for the murder and disposal of Helen Bailey’s body, and that he was too frightened by the men to tell the police. “The facts exclusively are for you alone to decide.”
[/FONT]

This may sound naive, but Russell Flint can't possibly believe that crock of s hit about Nick and Joe- how will he sleep if he actually manages to exonerate the creep?

Surprised RF didn't do a justice Caulfield (Jeffery Archer libel trial) and describe IS (like Mary Archer) as a vision of "elegance, fragrance and radiance". Of course it later turned out naughty Jeffrey had been lying, so he was jailed for perjury.

And, ok he was punched in jail but lots of people are! Doesn't prove he was punched because J and. N had him punched! He probably pissed somebody off!

It's just a job to barristers, they do it all day long, I except it's a challenge in a way to see if you are so good you can get an obviously guilty person off! Bet that's a buzz for them.

This may sound naive, but Russell Flint can't possibly believe that crock of s hit about Nick and Joe- how will he sleep if he actually manages to exonerate the creep?

Unfortunately I think he will sleep well. His ego will be boosted by yet another win! It will be us feeling dreadful and being sleepless due to that moron being set free.

And, ok he was punched in jail but lots of people are! Doesn't prove he was punched because J and. N had him punched! He probably pissed somebody off!

Yes, I remember a poster telling us that most prisoners see themselves as NEEDING to be criminals, and would despise a con like Stewart for acting purely from greed and an already-privileged situation.

It's just a job to barristers, they do it all day long, I except it's a challenge in a way to see if you are so good you can get an obviously guilty person off! Bet that's a buzz for them.

I was wondering if it is a bit of a 'competition' to them. " What are the odds on this one eh, d'you think we'll get him off ? "

My thoughts entirely - yes the defence has a job to do but how do any of them sleep at night if they succeed in keeping a dangerous killer out of jail? Russell Flint talks a good game, but you can bet your life he wouldn't want any ladies of his acquaintance to date Ian Stewart!

I had that thought last night, and even more so this morning when he went on and on and on.
I suppose it would do his reputation no harm if he managed to secure a not guilty verdict for a person that everyone ( that I know of ) thinks is guilty as charged.

:puke:

I hope the jury did too.

I know Flint was just doing his job but bloody hell.

At least when all is said and done IS cannot possibly find fault with his defence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, if he's found guilty it could mean no grounds for appeal seeing as Flint did such a good defence job? Ha, I wonder if that's all part of Flint's plan - make the whole thing a farce and at the same time close off every avenue for an appeal? He MUST know that IS is guilty - surely?

Addressing jurors, Judge Andrew Bright said: “The prosecution say there is overwhelming evidence that Helen Bailey was murdered by Ian Stewart when they were both alone in the house, and then lied to her friends, police and family that she had gone to Broadstairs and had gone away to escape the stresses in her life.”

“The case for the defendant on the other hand, was that two men called Joe and Nick were responsible for the murder and disposal of Helen Bailey’s body, and that he was too frightened by the men to tell the police. The facts exclusively are for you alone to decide.”

Put like that ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member