Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen Bailey 'excited' by engagement plan

“Jeweller Sophia Marsh told you that on March 8, 2016 Helen came to see her, with Stewart, for designs for an engagement ring.

She said “Helen was also interested in buying a wedding ring. She said Helen seemed excited and engaged in the conversation, but Stewart did not.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12627822

nice touch of detail from Judge Bright

She said “Helen was also interested in buying a wedding ring. She said Helen seemed excited and engaged in the conversation, but Stewart did not.”

Wedding plans postponed because of Stewart's surgery

“These wedding plans were postponed due to a keyhole surgery operation on Stewart.

“The operation concluded that Stewart’s bout of illness (rectal bleeding) was the result of piles, and not of cancer.”

love the way Judge has just reduced his major cancer scare to piles

“These wedding plans were postponed due to a keyhole surgery operation on Stewart.

“The operation concluded that Stewart’s bout of illness (rectal bleeding) was the result of piles, and not of cancer.”

ahahahahahha :lol:

Stewart was beneficiary of Helen Bailey's will

“Stewart was the trustee and beneficiary of Helen’s will.

“Stewart also stood to receive £235,000 from a pension fund when Helen died, in addition to the sums paid to him under the terms of her will. “Stewart had paid £470,000 towards the purchase of the Royston house.

“The combined value of his other assets were £162,000. “He had further savings of £17,000.

“He had a monthly income of £1,933.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12627822

Standing order changed

“Before Helen’s disappearance, £600 was paid via standing order from her Barclays account to the couple’s joint account.

“On May 9 this standing order increased from £600 to £4,000.

“You will have to focus on how and by whom the amount of this standing order came to be changed when you come to consider the charge of fraud against the defendant.”

What a flipping hypochondriac. Oooh I'm dying everyone pity me and pay me loads of attention. Oh...sorry... just a bad case of the arsegrapes.

That has made my day. Yes Jury take note....PILES and NOT cancer. Despite what the slimy one has suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helen wanted Stewart to be 'financially comfortable'

Tony Hurley, Helen’s financial advisor, said in a meeting with Helen in 2014, Helen made it clear she wanted to marry Stewart, and wanted him to be financially comfortable if anything happened to her.

“In an email to Helen, he said: ‘You specifically want to ensure that Ian Stewart has your share of the main house, the second home in broadstairs, and a sum which ensures he has a very comfortable lifestyle?’”

Helen took out £1.2m life insurance

“Helen referred to Stewart as her first priority, and couldn’t decide how the other beneficiaries in her will would benefit, so a temporary will was made.

“Helen took out a £1.2million life insurance policy, which would be paid to Stewart if Helen died before they married.”

Helen wanted Stewart to be 'financially comfortable'

Tony Hurley, Helen’s financial advisor, said in a meeting with Helen in 2014, Helen made it clear she wanted to marry Stewart, and wanted him to be financially comfortable if anything happened to her.

“In an email to Helen, he said: ‘You specifically want to ensure that Ian Stewart has your share of the main house, the second home in broadstairs, and a sum which ensures he has a very comfortable lifestyle?’”

Excellent so that stuffs Flint's comments about IS being at the mercy of Tony Hurley who would have ensured her wishes were adhered to.

Stewart asked if sale of house could continue

“Stewart also asked if the sale of Helen’s Gateshead house could go ahead, despite Helen still being missing, via a telephone call to the solicitors on May 16. In Stewart’s asus laptop, he had bookmarked a webpage which said ‘Presumption of death, new legal powers for families of missing powers’.

am copying exactly as it is, but am sure Tara meant persons, not powers

The Judge seems pretty convinced of IS's guilt.

Yes get in there Judge Bright! Remind them of that bookmark!

Best line ofthe whole case.Summed IS up in one line

The operation concluded that Stewart’s bout of illness (rectal bleeding) was the result of piles, and not of cancer

I like the way that the judge was careful to refer to the operation as keyhole surgery too, i.e. not as debilitating as IS was making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971