GUILTY UK - India Chipchase, 20, Northampton, 30 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the updates Tortoise.

Well, they dont seem to have taken long at all with their closing arugments. In fact this whole case seems to have literally raced along, compared to Sadie's.

I think the Defence is clutching at straws, which is all he has available and perhaps a bit late now to start talking of ET as an oddball.

Oh - I got that wrong. Defence is still doing his closing.

Birmingham 5
T20167594

edward william tenniswood

Details:

Trial (Part Heard) - EDWARD WILLIAM TENNISWOOD; Defence Closing Speech - 14:08

I'm not too far from Birmingham and it if wasn't the school summer holidays and having my little boy at home, I would've liked to have attended Court, just once at least.

From the way this article describes him, he sounds quite arrogant and seems to 'answer back' a bit to whoever is asking the questions ... and the comment that he "cannot or will not stop talking" ...

I'm intrigued to hear, as we always do once a case is concluded, about his past and things which weren't made public during trial ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15168...dia-chipchase-claims-he-dated-fashion-models/

T20167594

Trial (Part Heard) - EDWARD WILLIAM TENNISWOOD; Defence Closing Speech - 14:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 14:30
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 15:25 - 15:16
Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 15:26

T20167594

Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 15:26

Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:08

I am expecting a quick, unanimous verdict , possibly even tomorrow if they go out early enough

Me too Alyce.

I was chatting with my son about this case recently, and mentioned the fact that ET had plastic covers and newspapers over all the surfaces, and his keyboard and monitor wrapped in clingfilm. He said that Dexter does that. Mind you, I think we've been here before with Nathan Matthews and cling film too!

It did make me wonder though, if it was more than dust protection.

Some sort of delay this morning

Birmingham 5
T20167594

Details: - No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:00 - 10:06

He has been found guilty. Why are there no photos of him? Do we get to see a mugshot now?

He has been found guilty. Why are there no photos of him? Do we get to see a mugshot now?

Edited ......... to say, that was quick

here's an MSM link

A meticulous loner has been found guilty of raping and murdering a barmaid he promised to "get home safe" after they met outside a nightclub.

India Chipchase, 20, was found dead under sheeting on a mattress at a house in Northampton on 31 January.

Edward Tenniswood, 52, claimed the pair had consensual sex and he had throttled Miss Chipchase a result of his "over-eagerness" in bed.

A jury at Birmingham Crown Court took under two hours to find him guilty.

He will be sentenced later[/I].

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-36952603

Looks like The Mirror had live updates this morning - plus the video clip of ET meeting India outside the night club

Murderer Edward Tenniswood will be sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court later this afternoon.

He faces a life sentence.

Judge John Saunders QC told India’s family: “There is no sentence I can pass that will fully compensate for the loss of India” adding Tenniswood had taken advantage of her at her most vulnerable.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/india-chipchase-murder-trial-live-8544137

More info coming out now about ET, plus some pics here

It can now also be revealed that another woman, who knew Tenniswood but cannot be named, said he was 'a controlling man, violent and abusive when drunk.'
She claimed she woke up 'and found Eddie having sex with her,' on several occasions.
The woman called the police on one occasion and Tenniswood was arrested for affray, but she did not press charges and he was released.

Another victim told the court Tenniswood throttled and kissed her when she was a teenager and said he also pinned her down and held a knife to her on another occasion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-shows-India-Chipchase-s-final-moments.html

It took just one hour and 48 minutes to return a verdict - despite Tenniswood denying all charges ever since his arrest - with the judge saying he expects to pass a sentence this afternoon, and that Tenniswood would face a minimum of 30 years in jail.

Read more at http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...9575888-detail/story.html#dASvToyQkTXtDw8C.99

bbm - yet he acknowledges that he is responsible for her death as per your other quote above.

Edward Tenniswood, 52, claimed ... he had throttled Miss Chipchase a result of his "over-eagerness" in bed.

There was never any question that he's guilty imo. Wonder what the sentence will be.

I am thinking he will get 35 or more, because he has shown no remorse for his actions. It's a very sad case and just wish some of the other women had spoken up or pressed charges against him earlier, then he might have been put away somewhere and not able to murder.

36CD9BB900000578-3719528-She_was_preyed_upon_by_odd_ball_Edward_Tenniswood_who_kept_newsp-a-61_1470137821777.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3719528/Chilling-CCTV-footage-shows-India-Chipchase-s-final-moments.html

I am thinking he will get 35 or more, because he has shown no remorse for his actions. It's a very sad case and just wish some of the other women had spoken up or pressed charges against him earlier, then he might have been put away somewhere and not able to murder.
To be fair to any previous victims, them reporting it or pressing charges may not have prevented this anyway.
So many crimes like those are reported and yet either the police or CPS let the victims down. At best, he would've got a slap on the wrist and then still been in exactly the same place as he was that terrible night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deejay78
Back