GUILTY UK - India Chipchase, 20, Northampton, 30 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh I really thought he might get 35 or more...but even so, I doubt they will let him out after that

Northampton Chron ‏@ChronandEcho 12s13 seconds ago

Edward Tenniswood sentenced to life in prison with a minimum of 30 years

If you go right back to page 2 or 3 of this thread, a member had found his flat online months ago, good sleuthing!

What a very sad case. Poor India. :(

36CD9BB900000578-3719528-She_was_preyed_upon_by_odd_ball_Edward_Tenniswood_who_kept_newsp-a-61_1470137821777.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3719528/Chilling-CCTV-footage-shows-India-Chipchase-s-final-moments.html

He has a very mean look in his eyes. Hard, without remorse. If they let him out after 30 years he'll be very old. He'll probably die before that in prison. Hope so.

The court heard how Tenniswood, who had no previous convictions, was caught by mobile phone signals linked to his handset and a police officer who recognised a still of his image taken off the nightclub's CCTV.

Sentencing, the judge said: "This was a terrible crime. It was committed because the defendant was determined to satisfy his own sexual desires on an attractive and much younger woman. It was a crime of utter depravity."
Tenniswood sat in the court dock in silence staring at the floor, flanked by four prison guards, as the judge labelled him a "strange man" who had taken advantage of his vulnerable young victim.
Judge Saunders said: "To lose a child at any time and for any reason is a tragedy but to lose a daughter in the way that India's parents did is unimaginable."
He said no sentence could compensate the family's loss.
The judge said the killing had been "entirely deliberate" while observing that Tenniswood's defence, often gratuitous in detail, had "no doubt added to the anguish of the family".
The judge added: "While I cannot be sure he went to the nightclub to try and find a vulnerable woman that he could use for his own satisfaction, I am satisfied that as soon as he saw India he formed that intention.
"I have no doubt that he was very persuasive and convinced India in her befuddled state to come with him, promising her that she would be safe.
"I am satisfied that he did intend to kill and while he does present as a strange man I have no evidence that there was some mental illness that might lessen his responsibility for this awful crime."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...rial-jury-set-sent-Tuesday.html#ixzz4GCcuyYDZ

Outside court, Det Ch Insp Steve Woliter said he was "confident" Miss Chipchase was Tenniswood's sole victim.
He said Northamptonshire Police had carried out a thorough investigation, including excavating Tenniswood's garden, and found "nothing at all".
[/SIZE .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-36952603

Sounds like he was a nightmare in court - and as for wanting to bring in a dummy to demonstrate, words fail me.
Her poor family having to go through that.

He (DCI Steve Woliter) revealed that Tenniswood, who had no previous convictions, was caught after his image - taken off the nightclub CCTV footage - was identified by another officer, which led to police breaking down his door and discovering Ms Chipchase dead.
Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/c...edward-tenniswood-8546179#AdcKKLFJjE1rQP5Q.99

Seems strange to me that a police officer would recognise someone with no previous convictions, especially off a pretty poor CCTV image. I still think there's more to Tenniswood than we know about. I also think it's strange that in our local area, this has got massive social media coverage as you would expect but I've not seen one post from anyone who knew him either now or in the past, went school with him, worked with him etc.

He (DCI Steve Woliter) revealed that Tenniswood, who had no previous convictions, was caught after his image - taken off the nightclub CCTV footage - was identified by another officer, which led to police breaking down his door and discovering Ms Chipchase dead.
Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/c...edward-tenniswood-8546179#AdcKKLFJjE1rQP5Q.99

Seems strange to me that a police officer would recognise someone with no previous convictions, especially off a pretty poor CCTV image. I still think there's more to Tenniswood than we know about. I also think it's strange that in our local area, this has got massive social media coverage as you would expect but I've not seen one post from anyone who knew him either now or in the past, went school with him, worked with him etc.
It says he has no previous 'convictions' but that doesn't mean he wasn't suspected of a few or a was a local 'well known face' especially as he seems to be a 'talker' I imagine he wouldn't be a wallflower.

Yes! That's a surprise too, the only thing we heard was from the step mother? Who said they'd removed his photos from the family album but didn't elaborate. Could be something, could be nothing.

I dont know if I'm the only one thinking this but, I found India's Dad's video a bit awkward to watch.

I've seen in a tabloid newspaper that he embezzled 400k from his father's business to live a fantasy lifestyle when they employed him as book keeper. I'm guessing that is what the step mom was referring to

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've seen in a tabloid newspaper that he embezzled 400k from his father's business to live a fantasy lifestyle when they employed him as book keeper. I'm guessing that is what the step mom was referring to

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Aha ... yes I can imagine that!

............it is revealed police were already investigating the killer for a 2004 rape when doctor's daughter was strangled

It emerged today that Tenniswood was known to the authorities before the shocking murder on January 30.
Police had already started looking into him over a 'crime against a person' that took place in 2004.

The investigations meant police already had the address of his flat, where they found India's raped and strangled body, before they arrested him.
Tenniswood, jailed for life on Tuesday, is still under investigation over the earlier crime and is the only suspect.
A source said: 'He is the only person police have spoken to so far. It is a crime against a person and is an ongoing criminal investigation. It pre-dates India but is not concluded.'

and about the previous London address, bought using the family money and being known to police:

Before he moved to Northampton in the late 1990s, Tenniswood had a top-floor apartment on Oakley Street in Chelsea, west London.
Tenniswood bought the flat in the early 1990s with money stolen from his family's business
He moved out years later after his father discovered the theft and disowned him. The flat is now worth more than £1million.

A man whose partner bought it from Tenniswood branded the killer a 'weirdo'.
He told the Mirror: 'He was more than just a loner, he was properly odd. There was all kinds of *advertiser censored* all over the house when we went to look at it.'
James Burgess, 86, who lived directly below Tenniswood, said: 'Eddie was a nasty little s*** who made our lives pure hell. He was the main reason my wife and I sold our flat and moved away.
'It was a smart Victorian building, very swish – but from the moment he moved in he was trouble.

'Just about every day he'd be banging around, smashing walls down to do it up.
'We and the other residents complained to the council but it didn't help. Eddie was abusive and just rode roughshod over any of our concerns. I never saw him with anyone else, no girlfriend or pal. There was something wrong with him. He was a strange fellow.
'Even after all this time, when I heard that he'd been arrested for murdering a young woman it didn't surprise me.'

and re. being already known to police and the inference that perhaps, previously, the police were unable to proceed with the previous rape allegation, victims HAD come forward before. ( Hard to successfully prosecute rape cases in the UK, the statistics are low, was once the LOWEST in Europe..)

Last night, Northampton Police confirmed officers had spoken to Tenniswood before over other matters.
It means an Independent Police Complaints Commission investigation into their previous contact with him has been launched.
A spokesman for the IPCC said: 'The IPCC investigation into the Northamptonshire Police response to a missing person report made by India Chipchase's family following her disappearance is ongoing. The investigation was suspended due to related criminal proceedings, but will now resume.
'We will also be investigating the nature of previous contact that police had with Tenniswood, prior to his arrest for India's murder. Due to an ongoing investigation by Northamptonshire Police we are unable to comment further at this stage.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...octor-s-daughter-strangled.html#ixzz4GLVJFflD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Edward Tenniswood ‘needlessly added to the torment of India Chipchase’s family’

As a crime reporter, I’ve experienced numerous murder trials and seen dozens of violent, unrepentant criminals attempt to fool a jury into finding them not guilty.
But Edward Tenniswood is undoubtedly the most shameless, delusional and cruel defendant I have ever reported on.

The unemployed 52-year-old turned up every day at his two-week trial wearing a smart suit and shirt and appeared to be taking studious notes of the evidence.
Despite his apparent confident appearance, it was significant he avoided eye contact with anyone in the public gallery or the press area.
To me, this was the first glimpse into the self-obsessed character of the former bookkeeper, who never showed any interest or care for the feelings of anyone but himself.

However, it was when Tenniswood gave evidence that his breathtaking lack of empathy really shone through......

I can completely understand why India’s parents stayed away from the trial as, even though I am used to hearing horrific details in court cases, it was hard to listen to Tenniswood’s delusional ramblings and not feel angry and intensely sad that such a popular, kind and loving young woman’s life ended in his squalid house.

On a number of occasions, Tenniswood used the phrase “No disrespect to India but...” and I felt like shouting “everything you have done since you met her has been completely and utterly disrespectful to her”.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...torment-of-india-chipchase-s-family-1-7509000

Some very interesting info there Cotton, many thanks.

That answers the question asked earlier as to how the police immediately recognised him on that grainy cctv, when he did not , apparently, have any prior convictions or charges.

I wonder if he sold the flat when he moved out or if the father managed to get it back.

Thanks Marcus .......quite a little hive of business activity at 91 Oakley Street.

I can see a house ( flat ) sale in 1996, when Flat 3 sold for £175, 000. This could be when ET moved to Northants, though I wouldnt call 1996 the late 90s.

Thanks Marcus .......quite a little hive of business activity at 91 Oakley Street.

I can see a house ( flat ) sale in 1996, when Flat 3 sold for £175, 000. This could be when ET moved to Northants, though I wouldnt call 1996 the late 90s.

Is is it not illegal to register as a company director with companies house using an incorrectly spelt name. He would have known because he would have to have signed forms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back