GUILTY UK - Jayden Parkinson, 17, Oxfordshire, 3 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching Sky News, they've just said police have found a body, believed to be Jayden's, in the grave they were working at.

Looking for a link now.

RIP Jayden

@SkyNewsBreak 56s

Police searching for missing 17-year-old Jayden Parkinson find a body in a recently disturbed grave in Didcot in Oxfordshire

@106jackfm 2m

BREAKING NEWS: Police have found a body in a Didcot grave. They believe it is the body of missing teenager Jayden Parkinson

Knew this was coming but doesn't make it any easier to stomach. RIP Jayden. :rose:

I'm so sad for her family, what a terrible thing to have happened to such a young woman.

Very sad case which also contains a couple elements that, while not unique to UK crime, have tended to crop up over the years. The element of the body in the suitcase - transported via that method at least, here - gives of the trunk murders in Brighton and elsewhere 75+ years ago and, as recently as July 2013, a woman's body was found in a suitcase in Hendon, North London. There have been, down through the years, not a few others.

A notorious '60s example:

UK - Bernard Oliver, 17, Jan 1967, Suffolk - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And a body in bin liners:

UK - Torso found wrapped in bin liners on beach at Southsea, Portsmouth - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community. (from 2012)

Example-wise, it's harder to track down cases in which a victim was found to be buried atop another, in an existing grave - though it was suspected and a grave was reopened this year in this one:

UK - Moira Anderson, 11, Scotland, 1957 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Whats quite interesting is a quick search of the 22 year olds name brings up the court section of a reading newspaper. Seems he was up in court last year for threatening and violent behaviour and then again for breach of his community service order. His stated address is Great Western Drive which coincidentally is just around the corner from the church.

Another interesting point ive seen mentioned - trying to locate the link as I didn't save it but seemed to be from a reliable source - is that thay grave where the poor girl was found was in fact the grandfathers of the two men involved. Quite horrendous really!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

An inquest has been opened into Jayden's death. The accused's next court date is March 17.

Opened and adjourned I believe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FRIENDS and family will remember teenager Jayden Parkinson in a memorial service at at All Saints Church, Didcot, this afternoon.
Jayden’s boyfriend Ben Blakeley, 22, of Christchurch Road, Reading, has been charged with her murder and perverting the course of justice.

A 17-year-old Didcot boy is also charged with perverting the course of justice.

Both are in custody awaiting their next court appearance in March.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yo...amily_attend_thanksgiving_service_for_Jayden/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back