GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another report regarding the body disposition site.
by Former Detective Chief Inspector Peter Kirkham, Daily Mirror 1/01/2011

Jo was left on the verge of Longwood Lane – one of the first roads without houses a driver leaving Bristol in this direction will reach. It is 50 yards south of an entrance to a quarry, which would have been a more sensible and less noticeable place to pull over.

Except for getting north mixed up with south, this is another confirmation that the re-construction site is the actual site.

Except for getting north mixed up with south, this is another confirmation that the re-construction site is the actual site.

1923456-vlarge.jpeg

Notice he is an ex detective and doesn't have anything to do with the case. It's highely likely he doesn't even come from Bristol, Just someone the papers payed to speculate his opinion. He doesn't know where the body was left either. I think he is quoting the 50 yards being where the floral tributes, and appeal board are. That isn't the crime watch area.

Interesting link.
Does this mean there has been another post mortem for the defense?

That seems to be how it's worded???? :waitasec:

It's possible IMO that they are looking at apart from other things the T.O.D and a deposition date.

Except for getting north mixed up with south

And, in view of that error, I love his concluding remark:

"None of this proves anything but it will push you in the right direction when looking for a suspect."

It does leave me wondering about police competency if that's the best a former Detective Chief Inspector can manage. Perhaps the Daily Mirror should provide him with a compass before they engage him on further tasks.

1923456-vlarge.jpeg

Notice he is an ex detective and doesn't have anything to do with the case. It's highely likely he doesn't even come from Bristol, Just someone the papers payed to speculate his opinion. He doesn't know where the body was left either. I think he is quoting the 50 yards being where the floral tributes, and appeal board are. That isn't the crime watch area.

Agreed, that definitely isn't the Crimewatch area. When the police moved out of Longwood Lane that spot in the pic is where reporters on the news stood and said was the exact spot where she was found.

Early reports said she was found slumped against a wall. That pic has a wall in it. The Crimewatch reconstruction showed a spot that had a hedge with railings behind it - different spot altogether.

Agreed, that definitely isn't the Crimewatch area. When the police moved out of Longwood Lane that spot in the pic is where reporters on the news stood and said was the exact spot where she was found.

Early reports said she was found slumped against a wall. That pic has a wall in it. The Crimewatch reconstruction showed a spot that had a hedge with railings behind it - different spot altogether.

That looks like the place where the quarry road runs underneath. I don't think the family went quite as far up as that.

The flowers tell us nothing really: it could be that's where the first were laid, and other people followed the example - or it could be where police directed people to place flowers, as they were still working on the actual scene. Either way the presence of the flowers could have caused people to make assumptions, and influenced reporting. As for the "slumped against the wall" quote, I'd want to see a direct quote from the witnesses, which I don't think I have.

The one thing I am 100% sure of is that the body was not left at the quarry entrance.

Just another report regarding the body disposition site.

I posted this article many, many threads back.

It was dismissed by the group as the retired detective did not know that the site he was basing his report on [the place where the flowers were laid], was not the true site.

Michael Fitton QC is an Oxford graduate I assume, if I am interpreting the word Oxon correctly? Interesting roster of cases.

I guess the next important event will be on May 4th when he enters a plea on behalf of his client.

Why hasn't CJ's bail been released?

Will GR be called as a witness at the trial and all those who live in the House of Mystery. My guess is: yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member