GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um. You know this do you? And you know what information the police may have had about it? Did they question TM for instance?

Not at all. I just thought it the least telling question on the Sun's list. I can't see anything surprising about the absence of Jo's DNA on VT's clothes when they weren't checked for several weeks after the murder. Am I missing something ?

Um. He washed them in the washing machine ?

Transfer of fibres works both way though, may be none of Jo's DNA on his clothing but maybe there were unidentified fabric fibres on Jo's body or clothing. This is the Sun we are discussing here; I am not expecting the greatest investigative journalism !

I'm not convinced of that. The prisoner wil request the transfer and the Dutch gov't will most likely agree based on compassionate grounds. With the prisoner and the Dutch gov't requesting the transfer, I don't see any ground for the Briish gov't to disagree. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe he'll appeal the decision, which would delay any request, but I don't really see gov't officials denying the request.

Not sure which site I read in on (the Facebook page perhaps ?) but i have seen some interesting information in recent days about how the Dutch deal with life sentences and parole, IIRC prisoners actually are less likely to be released automatically at the given minimum parole time than over here, and there are more stringent requirements. I'll try and dig it out.

I'm not convinced of that. The prisoner wil request the transfer and the Dutch gov't will most likely agree based on compassionate grounds. With the prisoner and the Dutch gov't requesting the transfer, I don't see any ground for the Briish gov't to disagree. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe he'll appeal the decision, which would delay any request, but I don't really see gov't officials denying the request.

What are you missing? Well, the media storm that would kick off for one thing.

Besides here in the UK we have over 10,000 foreign nationals in our prisons and yet the numbers actually repatriated every year amount to only a handful. There's one FNP and a lifer named Sertan Balci complaining here - http://www.metro.co.uk/news/847016-foreign-criminals-trapped-in-british-jails - that they won't send him home, and he's been in for ten years.

Not at all. I just thought it the least telling question on the Sun's list. I can't see anything surprising about the absence of Jo's DNA on VT's clothes when they weren't checked for several weeks after the murder. Am I missing something ?

Someone forgot to tell the police. :maddening: If only they'd known there was no point checking the man's coat, jacket, trousers or whatever else he wore. Meanwhile The Sun and I would like to know what he wore when he went to Joanna's flat and what he did with the clothes afterwards. :woohoo:

Someone forgot to tell the police. :maddening: If only they'd known there was no point checking the man's coat, jacket, trousers or whatever else he wore. Meanwhile The Sun and I would like to know what he wore when he went to Joanna's flat and what he did with the clothes afterwards. :woohoo:
Don't get worked up Sammy! Obviously it was a very good idea to check his clothes. It just seems funny for the Sun to turn it into a big mystery that was nothing there after so long. Most of the other questions on the Sun's list are real outstanding mysteries - but this one I would just classify as a routine part of the investigation which unsurprisingly yielded a negative result.

I thought that they did check his coat. Early on in the prosecutions evidence, when discussing fibre transference, it was stated that it was very likely that JY had been in contact with VTs coat

I see The Sun has posted a list of unanswered questions:

12 riddles still not solved

KEY questions over Jo's murder remained unanswered last night despite Vincent Tabak's conviction. They are:

1. WHY JO? Cops are convinced the motive was sexual, but Tabak has never said.

2. WHY DID JO INVITE HIM IN? She was known to be wary of strangers — and did not even know her neighbour's name.

3. WHERE DID HE KILL HER? Forensic evidence indicated the hall of Jo's flat — suggesting she was trying to escape.

4. WHY DID TABAK DRIVE TO ASDA? He had Jo's body in his boot. If he was really desperate for beer and crisps the nearby Tesco was still open.

5. WHAT ROUTE DID HE TAKE TO DUMP THE BODY? CCTV failed to capture him using the Clifton Suspension Bridge to Longwood Lane.

6. WHY WERE JO'S EARRINGS SCATTERED? One was under clothing on the bedroom floor, the second inside the bed under the duvet. The fastening of one has never been found.

7. WHY WERE A PAIR OF JO'S BRIEFS LYING ON A HALL PEDESTAL? The green pedestal itself had been damaged — with broken plastic placed on top.

8. WHY WAS A KITCHEN APRON FOUND FOLDED UP ON THE HALL FLOOR? It was kept in a kitchen drawer and rarely used.

9. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PIZZA? Police sifted 293 tons of trash but never found the Tesco Finest mozzarella and basil pizza Jo bought on her way home — or her missing grey ski sock.

10. WHAT DID TABAK DO WITH THE CLOTHES HE WORE? Forensic experts found no trace of Jo on the clothes police seized.

11. HOW DID HE AVOID BEING SEEN? Tabak claimed three cars drove past him as he tried to dump Jo's body but no driver ever came forward.

12. WHY DID TABAK RETURN TO ENGLAND? After spending New Year in Holland he said he expected to be arrested on his return. But he decided not to flee.

Some of them are interesting, such as what happened to VT's clothes. And there is a reference to forensic evidence in the hall. I wonder what that is.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3901704/Vincent-Tabak-brHooked-on-hookers.html

PS: Also says she was known to be wary of strangers. That's one of the things I had been wondering about her.

( Sammyme) WHAT DID TABAK DO WITH THE CLOTHES HE WORE? Forensic experts found no trace of Jo on the clothes police seized.

I think why Jo screamed when he knocked her door was probably he might of been naked, seems it could of been one of his sick fantasies and also being clever not to get Jo's DNA on his clothes.

After hearing all the evidence about his sexual activities i would NOT be surprised, i imagine that scare on his arm was probably done by Jo trying to get away from him.

I only hope the *advertiser censored* stays in some UK prison for long enough so that some ODCs (ordinary decent criminals) can get their hands on him and show him a thing or two.

He's likely to be on the segregation wing (Google rile 43) and so amongst those inside for rape and sex and child related killings. They do have a pecking order on that wing - child killers and peidophiles being the lowest-and generally ignored by the majority on the wing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news to those who think he's going to be "in for it" whilst in there- he won't be. The "ODC's" will shout abuse at him/them on that wing given an opportunity but otherwise the two wings are kept separate.

I wonder though. This statement from the Yeates family is pretty strong:

For us, it is with regret that capital punishment is not a possible option for his sentence. The best we can hope for him is that he spends the rest of his life incarcerated, where his life is a living hell, being the recipient of all the evils, deprivations and degradations that his situation can provide.

and I could imagine some of his future fellow inmates might take that as a cue to give the Yeates family what they want .... iyswim.

I see The Sun has posted a list of unanswered questions:

12 riddles still not solved

KEY questions over Jo's murder remained unanswered last night despite Vincent Tabak's conviction. They are:

OK, I'll have a go.

1. WHY JO? Cops are convinced the motive was sexual, but Tabak has never said.

Because she was there.

2. WHY DID JO INVITE HIM IN? She was known to be wary of strangers — and did not even know her neighbour's name.

Perhaps she didn't.

3. WHERE DID HE KILL HER? Forensic evidence indicated the hall of Jo's flat — suggesting she was trying to escape.

There you go. All she had to do was open the door.

4. WHY DID TABAK DRIVE TO ASDA? He had Jo's body in his boot. If he was really desperate for beer and crisps the nearby Tesco was still open.

The local Tesco doesn't have a car park.

5. WHAT ROUTE DID HE TAKE TO DUMP THE BODY? CCTV failed to capture him using the Clifton Suspension Bridge to Longwood Lane.

If you're at ASDA Bedminster you've already crossed the river.

6. WHY WERE JO'S EARRINGS SCATTERED? One was under clothing on the bedroom floor, the second inside the bed under the duvet. The fastening of one has never been found.

Because her body was moved post mortem.

7. WHY WERE A PAIR OF JO'S BRIEFS LYING ON A HALL PEDESTAL? The green pedestal itself had been damaged — with broken plastic placed on top.

Because Tabak put them there but forgot to take them with him. It's understandable, he had a lot on his mind at the time.

8. WHY WAS A KITCHEN APRON FOUND FOLDED UP ON THE HALL FLOOR? It was kept in a kitchen drawer and rarely used.

It's where Jo dropped it after she was surprised at the door.

9. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PIZZA? Police sifted 293 tons of trash but never found the Tesco Finest mozzarella and basil pizza Jo bought on her way home — or her missing grey ski sock.

Tabak has told us he dumped the sock. The simplest way of getting rid of the pizza would have been to eat it.

10. WHAT DID TABAK DO WITH THE CLOTHES HE WORE? Forensic experts found no trace of Jo on the clothes police seized.

Same as the sock.

11. HOW DID HE AVOID BEING SEEN? Tabak claimed three cars drove past him as he tried to dump Jo's body but no driver ever came forward.

People don't expect to come across a body dump in progress as they're driving down a country lane at night.

12. WHY DID TABAK RETURN TO ENGLAND? After spending New Year in Holland he said he expected to be arrested on his return. But he decided not to flee.

European Arrest Warrant.

Hello, :newhere: but been following the case since the beginning and lurking in the background on this forum. Kingfisher, I entirely agree with you. I am sure that the tall guy is VT. If it isn't, I'll eat my hat! If you compare it to his image on CCTV in Asda, it is so similar - and his head! He has such a distinctively shaped head and hairline. His coat is the same and the collar is up in the same way. The bloke has really long legs and arms and looks 6' 4" to me. The camera looks down, so everything is foreshortened which makes everyone look less tall than they really are and also reduces the difference in height between different people.

Wondering why though they didn't show it sooner or use it in the trial to add to the intent to murder claim by the pros. It is so frustrating, that we may never know. :banghead: I wish they would tell us one way or the other, but I don't suppose it is important now, in the scheme of things. And the media are not interested, as they have all this sexual deviance to concentrate upon (not complaining, though).

Hi :)

I really do wish someone would just pick up the phone to A&S and put us all out of our misery ...

:phone: :cop:

Don't get worked up Sammy! Obviously it was a very good idea to check his clothes. It just seems funny for the Sun to turn it into a big mystery that was nothing there after so long. Most of the other questions on the Sun's list are real outstanding mysteries - but this one I would just classify as a routine part of the investigation which unsurprisingly yielded a negative result.

Hey! :great:
The question of his clothes is an intriguing mystery which ties in to other mysteries about that night. And it's something I hadn't thought about before. We do not know what he was wearing when he went there. Do the police know? Was he wearing the black woollen coat or jacket that we see in the CCTV later? What sort of trousers? Did he wear only indoor clothes? Clothes that were washable? Clothes that he intended to dispose of? If we knew, it might shed light on whether this was a chance encounter or something he planned that evening. Did he happen to bump into Joanna arriving home while he was on his way to the shops or did he deliberately go there to attack her when he heard her arriving home and because he knew Greg was away?

( Sammyme) WHAT DID TABAK DO WITH THE CLOTHES HE WORE? Forensic experts found no trace of Jo on the clothes police seized.

I think why Jo screamed when he knocked her door was probabley he might of been naked, seems it could of been one of his sick fantasies and also being clever not to get Jo's DNA on his clothes.

After hearing all the evidence about his sexual activities i would NOT be surprised, i imagine that scare on his arm was probably done by Jo trying to get away from him.

we were experiencing one of the coldest winters on record at the time :coldout:
so I doubt it.

I think why Jo screamed when he knocked her door was probabley he might of been naked.

Well if he was he's a braver man than I - it was minus 17c that night, apparently. And where would he have stored his house keys?!

:blush: :eek: :tmi:

we were experiencing one of the coldest winters on record at the time :coldout:
so I doubt it.

Lol, well in the mind of a mad man like VT, his insanity speaks volumes about what was going on in his mind on that cold night.

Hello, but been following the case since the beginning and lurking in the background on this forum. Kingfisher, I entirely agree with you. I am sure that the tall guy is VT. If it isn't, I'll eat my hat! If you compare it to his image on CCTV in Asda, it is so similar - and his head! He has such a distinctively shaped head and hairline. His coat is the same and the collar is up in the same way. The bloke has really long legs and arms and looks 6' 4" to me. The camera looks down, so everything is foreshortened which makes everyone look less tall than they really are and also reduces the difference in height between different people.

Wondering why though they didn't show it sooner or use it in the trial to add to the intent to murder claim by the pros. It is so frustrating, that we may never know. I wish they would tell us one way or the other, but I don't suppose it is important now, in the scheme of things. And the media are not interested, as they have all this sexual deviance to concentrate upon (not complaining, though).

Thanks at last someone else agrees and Paulette I think . His height people have problems with yet compare him at certain points in the store and with the height of shelves or other people he is a good foot taller than Jo. By the way some people are uptight about this i.e. it is IT IS NOT HIM in bold etc, I don't know if you have seen those postings. Makes me think that there are people that want this evidence shoved out the way. So it is a mystery Could it constitute perjury or corruption or is there a simple explanation?
I really do wish someone would just pick up the phone to A&S and put us all out of our misery .
You go first Luna 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member