GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail has a new story up:

Our happy, carefree Jo was dumped by the road like a piece of garbage: Parents make desperate plea in hunt for killer

The parents's lengthy message goes on to state

I don't remember GR having played so prominent a role in the parents's statements before. It sounds as if they are comfortable with his (police-declared) non-suspect status.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-make-desperate-plea-help-catch-killer.html
Yes, think you are right....also, they must be aware of peoples' suspicions about him and let's face it....how awful for them if he were the perp....really, honestly, hope he is not.

Not sure on that - I wouldn't want to end things in a public place in case it did turn nasty - I hate scenes.

I still don't think you would eat from the same plate as someone you are just about to dump.

When you know you are going to end things with someone, you automatically become cold towards them. Eating from the same plate is not being cold - in fact it suggests the opposite - it suggests a couple very much in love - the novelty hasn't worn off - they are still doing the things a couple who have just got together would do.
But I don't think Jo sounds as if she is 'cold' to anyone....to remain friends with ex-partners indicates a degree of maturity and compassion.

Just had another thought....what if, whoever was in Jos' flat...put something in her glass of cider? Something which would make her drowsy and easily manipulated...and walked her out of the flat in this condition?..maybe would explain no shoes, coat etc.,...just wanted her away from the flat to somewhere else? She just doesn't sound like the sort of girl who would be easily overpowered.

Just had another thought....what if, whoever was in Jos' flat...put something in her glass of cider? Something which would make her drowsy and easily manipulated...and walked her out of the flat in this condition?..maybe would explain no shoes, coat etc.,...just wanted her away from the flat to somewhere else? She just doesn't sound like the sort of girl who would be easily overpowered.

Yes I thought that too. Toxicology results tend to take a while so perhaps the police don't have that info yet.

The perp could have poured the contaminated drink away and replaced it waith fresh cider.

Not sure on that - I wouldn't want to end things in a public place in case it did turn nasty - I hate scenes.

I still don't think you would eat from the same plate as someone you are just about to dump.

When you know you are going to end things with someone, you automatically become cold towards them. Eating from the same plate is not being cold - in fact it suggests the opposite - it suggests a couple very much in love - the novelty hasn't worn off - they are still doing the things a couple who have just got together would do.

i wouldn't find it hard to believe that the relationship was waning. That it was somewhere between "being a couple" ... but just before breaking up.

She possibly would never get to the "cold" part of a relationship was she was young and carefree. She liked being friends with her exs.

Yes I thought that too. Toxicology results tend to take a while so perhaps the police don't have that info yet.

The perp could have poured the contaminated drink away and replaced it waith fresh cider.
Finding this all very frustrating. Obviously, none of us are 'fully informed' of the facts, and there is probably a very good reason that the L/E need to keep information 'close to their chests'...but all of us could be barking up the wrong tree...or simply 'barking'!

Finding this all very frustrating. Obviously, none of us are 'fully informed' of the facts, and there is probably a very good reason that the L/E need to keep information 'close to their chests'...but all of us could be barking up the wrong tree...or simply 'barking'!

Barking, methinks! :floorlaugh:

Barking, methinks! :floorlaugh:

Yes, were I not barking mad before having started this thread, I'm clearly certifiable now.

First, Sgt Jones convinced me Mr Jefferies had done the deed. Then last night MrZhivago swayed me into thinking it had to be GR. Now Jo's parents have issued their statement, and CAG is looking better and better. Can't wait for another suspect, as I can then switch my vote to that one!

just been looking over some timelines of this case and the one here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12109085

makes it look like she left the pub went into waitrose then went home before going out again to tesco and bargin booze.

makes it look like she left the pub went into waitrose then went home before going out again to tesco and bargin booze.

This new timeline makes more sense to me than the original, which seemed to me to give her too much time to get home, even allowing for the shopping stops. I guess she would be a brisk walker.

It now seems certain that the cider and pizza were bought to feed a visitor, who contacted her after she got home (maybe actually waiting for when she arrived?).

ok.... my apologies if I am banging on about the Glennis Caruthers link AGAIN!

I noticed watching one of the press interviews with L/L outside 44 Canynge rd ... he has a 3/4 length coat on.

Would he have worn the same Style or at least length in 1974?
Was his hair shoulder length in 1974?
Is he approx 5'10"?

This is the description of the person last seen with Glennis prior to her body being found outside of Bristol Zoo.

these were just my thoughts....
if the murders are linked cj was teaching at cliftoncollege then....
but is he as tall as 5ft10ins or thereabouts....

I've just been reading the views of criminologist Professor David Wilson here.
If I know anything about reading between the lines, he thinks it's CJ. What is on the lines is pretty good reading too.

I entirely agree with Sgt Jones that Greg cannot be the culprit unless the police have made a total pig's ear of checking his alibi. If he went to Sheffield then returned then went back to Sheffield, that too would be take him through many verifiable points - and makes him way too vulnerable if any tiny detail goes wrong.

But what he may have done in the four hours is to "sanitise" the scene of the crime for some quite different motive. In other words he might have removed relevant evidence in order to conceal some detail he didn't want to come out.

He might regret doing so later but decide to stick with his original story rather than face the music for misleading the police enquiry.

I'm not saying this is probable, but it seems possible. Sanitisation of the scene of a death by family members is not unusual.

On another issue, I'm wondering whether to take the "no evidence of sexual assault" with a grain of salt. The police are clearly giving us the minimum possible info and they could perfectly well claim that even if she had very recently had sexual intercourse, this might have been consensual.

If Jo and Greg were home that afternoon, I would imagine that she had consensual sex with him.

If Jo had broken up with Greg, I believe she would have told her good friend when they talked on the phone.

This is probably not someone she knew, I think it could well be someone who was watching her, and waiting. The salient point IMO is that she was a newcomer to the area... MOO

All JMO

Detective Supt Mark Saunders, who is leading the inquiry into Miss Yeates’s disappearance, said yesterday that CCTV evidence showed her visiting Waitrose at 8.10pm on Friday.

Then Tesco at 8.36....so, guess she could have gone home and out again as L/E say stores were 10mins from home?...but she would more or less have to have gone into the flat and immediately out again? Could it not be that she went into another store which had no CCTV?

Yes, were I not barking mad before having started this thread, I'm clearly certifiable now.

First, Sgt Jones convinced me Mr Jefferies had done the deed. Then last night MrZhivago swayed me into thinking it had to be GR. Now Jo's parents have issued their statement, and CAG is looking better and better. Can't wait for another suspect, as I can then switch my vote to that one!

One thing I find odd about the CAG is that he never responded to her ... even a day or two later.

If someone had texted me to get together that night and I had been asleep, I would have sent them some acknowledgment the next day. Something like "Sorry I missed you. It would have been fun. Let's get together sometime soon."

But he gave no response.

Is there anyway the CAG could have responded to JY in the affirmative without it being traced? Would he have shown up without a response?

Hi - newbie here.

:seeya:

I think that has been written in a way which makes it easy to interpret like that, but all reports and all info on the police's own website state clearly she visited those three shops before going home

I've just been reading the views of criminologist Professor David Wilson here.
If I know anything about reading between the lines, he thinks it's CJ. What is on the lines is pretty good reading too.
"To think that Glenis Carruthers was killed in the same way, in roughly the same street, her body was dumped and there was no sexual assault seems to me to be worth pursuing."

Don't know if I have much faith in this guy....how can he say 'roughly the same street'....it was close....but NOT in the same street, nor the next. Of course ANY clue or theory is worth pursuing but...no...don't go along with this one and if, as this post suggests, CJ is the culprit...on his own doorstep? I can't see it...but then I am having difficulty on focussing totally in this case...it really is baffling.

Hi - newbie here.

:seeya:

I think that has been written in a way which makes it easy to interpret like that, but all reports and all info on the police's own website state clearly she visited those three shops before going home
Hi Newbie...I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member