GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! (JMO), CAG could be significant, he's very brave to put his head above the parapet after what happened to CJ, but I guess if he is innocent he has nothing to fear. What if GR somehow found out about this text though?

The 'chilling letter' I think is nothing more than tomfoolery. Have you US guys ever heard of Wearside Jack? During the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper, he lead the LE on a wild goose chase by sending letters and tapes purporting to be from the YR, they focused in the wrong direction for a LONG time, and Wearside Jack wasn't caught until about 25 years later, via a routine DNA check! More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wearside_Jack

Agreed on the tomfoolery and yes, I've read a couple of Yorkshire Ripper books and knew of the misdirection caused especially by the tapes, particularly the effort that went into tracing the sender's Wearside accent. But I hadn't heard they'd found the guy, so thanks for the Wiki link. Interesting stuff!

I cannot recall at this time what position the neighbor holds at the school (nor even which neighbor it is that is employed there), as I have not yet consumed enough caffeine to render my brain entirely useful. LOL

Does the local (neighboring) college/university/school that is near to Jo's apartment have vans for their staff? I recall when my father taught at a US university that he had access to a van for use in his work in zoology. (We used to go with him on Saturday mornings to trap opossum for use in lab experiments.)

Also, I wonder if police were sure to look over the wall where Jo's body was found. It has been said that there were indications of someone attempting to hoist her deceased body over said wall. It is possible that the perpetrator may have tossed other evidence over that wall into the quarry either before or after attempting to so conceal Jo's body.

Thanks Blondie - I didn't know that one, forgot this was an American site, and didn't click

Off to town to pay my rent (grrrr), hoping I don't slide into a snowdrift on the way. Please solve this before I get back!

Other than the brother, is there anyone else in Sheffield that places the boyfriend there by 9 PM?

I thought that Greg left Bristol after 7pm, due to problems starting the car? He couldn't possibly have reached Sheffield by 9pm, it is around 180 miles from Bristol. Is there a link to the statements that he arrived by 9pm?

White van with a man in a woolly hat. Sounds rather like a builder to me.
I guess the entrance to a quarry is an unusual place to see someone like that.

A lot of strange things go off in that lane. First the mysterious 4X4. Then the two rain soaked men running out of the woods at 6 a.m last week. Now the nervous white van man.

gay pick up area.....
we have some near us...always men waiting....
do local people know the area as such....

I thought that Greg left Bristol after 7pm, due to problems starting the car? He couldn't possibly have reached Sheffield by 9pm, it is around 180 miles from Bristol. Is there a link to the statements that he arrived by 9pm?

There have been no official confirmations on GR's whereabouts other than (via CJ, PS etc) him having his car jumpstarted at around 7pm on the 17th. I'm surprised the police haven't released this information. His brother who he went to stay with had this to say though:

I’ve given the police a statement, they’ve got all the times and everything, so I don’t know if I should be saying anything.

Have watched the crocodile tears hmmmm. Is there any footage of GF and if so has anyone got the link for me pls.:crazy::crazy:

Originally Posted by Firefly75

LE - Law Enforcement
LL - LandLord (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder)
JY - Joanna Yeates (Murder Victim/Strangled)
GR - Greg Reardon (JY's boyfriend)
FR - Francis Reardon (GR's Half Brother from Sheffield)
LP, Lorp - Lawrence Penney (tennant from next door)
PS - Peter Stanley, (Landlord of LP/Lorp)
CJ - Chris Jeffries aka LL (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder)
RS - Rebecca Scott (Joanna's Bestfriend / Last phone call)
CAG - Casual Acquaintance Guy (Final Text / Friend of JY's Brother / No id)
MW - Matthew Wood aka CAG
DY - David Yeates (JY's Father)
TY - Theresa Yeates (JY's Mother)
CY - Chris Yeates (JY's Brother)
Bernard - Joanna's Cat

Yet again, so many more & more strange things ??? Even when she had been missing just a few days the family & bf seemed to have already resigned themselves to the fact she wasnt going to be coming back alive, by speaking in past tense etc ... "just give us our Jo back, whether she's dead or alive"

Thats why i said before i wondered if the abductors had left some sort of motto in the flat ?? Maybe the family/Jo/Gregg had links with the criminal world & she was taken as like an instalment ?? Like Ku Klux Klan ?? Not that i know what i'm talking about here, but just summising.

I personally believe cadaver dogs were used and they alerted, that's why the family were told to "expect the worst" and they were all talking about her in the past tense.....jmho

re Otto

Why would he think that she was having an affair only because she wasn't home. That would not be consitent with a devoted relationship, that would be a distrustful one. That doesn't fit with what we have been told.

Has he said that he will not return to Bristol? Where is he now? Please don't tell me he's staying with his parents, quitting his job, and liquidating his life in Bristol.

I am just saying anything is possible regarding what went through his mind when he returned home and she was not there. Their relationship could have been solid but based on the fact he did not call L/E right away it is a possibility that this crossed his mind. I read that his friends stated he would never live in Bristol again and that he would ask his company for a transfer. Not sure where he is staying now... it was with her Parents then Friends then Parents.

Interestingly, as the firm where they both worked has an office in Sheffield (his alibi place) and where his brother lives...... wonder if he has any other 'friends' there.....

sweep the cat, i sent you a pm re the astrology - interesting dream you had about a white van!

Anyone, what does LE mean?

And any link please to crocodile tears video?

do you, or anyone, have Joanna's dob?

Just want to clarify something for those who have joined late; Greg did call his own mother to say that Joanna wasn't at home when he reached there, the article was whooshed but it is around somewhere and I will try to find it and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61