GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent job with everything in your post, Firefly75. And especially with this I quote above. Having lived in San Antonio, Texas, for years - a very Catholic town - I've an abundance of prayer candles (always for sale at the botanicas there) of various saints, and will be choosing the one in memory of Joanna tonight, and thanks for the idea. And the notion of Jo sending a signal somehow - well-said and perfect.

Lovely idea Firefly75 and wfgodot, I too have loads of candles, I'm going to have a cuppa, choose a candle for Jo, and catch up with you all later or tomorrow. R.I.P.Jo.

OK then imagine this scenario:
If a young sociable woman has a 'fun time' whilst her bf is away, would she answer texts/calls made by him? Out of guilt perhaps she wouldn't answer.

Or, a young woman slightly bored with the company of her work mates and tired on a Friday night after a busy time leading up to Christmas and possible row with bf, goes home to prepare for a party she's hosting in 4 days' time. Bf is away so she wonders if an old friend could meet up for drinks, then feels mildly embarrassed when he doesn't reply immediately. She has an early night. She has no car to go fetch shopping for the party so on the Saturday gets down to some serious tidying and 'showcasing' the apartment instead - she can always shop for party food on Monday. So she stays in and cleans up, takes a brief trip to the recycling bins, doesn't get round to making mince pies. She doesn't always have her phone switched on. Murder takes place Saturday night. Just an example of an alternative scenario. We do not all live electronically - sometimes people just enjoy a bit of slobbing out (having a pyjama day) or get on with stuff that does not involve 'communication'.

Or maybe she went down with flu and went to bed until Sunday night...would a virus survive those sub zero temperatures and show up during autopsy?

just some random alternative thoughts.

I think that if Jo was unscathed until Sunday then the only way that she wouldn't have been seen out over the weekend [popping out for milk or whatever] or have phoned a pal/parents would be if she spent that whole time in bed or on the sofa, if you know what I mean.
At the same time, though, if she was behaving badly with somebody over that time, I think she *would* respond [saying "Oh, just watching videos"] to Greg, if so.
If she was ill, she'd be sending self-pitying "Hi. I'm wrapped up in my duvet watching DVDs, feeling rotten" messages to all and sundry. C'mon, we *all* do that.

If this from Daily Mail has already been posted, sorry - have been on futon all day battling flu-like symptoms, plus outside it's -7° F, "feels like" wind chill-wise, and my heating is old & creaky. Brrrr.

Joanna's killer could have avoided every CCTV camera on journey from flat to where her body was found

first few paragraphs, rest of the article at link above:

Well would you credit that. It just goes to show the Daily Mail are reading this forum. They've stolen what I stated the other day lol ;)

article-0-0CB97593000005DC-983_233x206.jpg

They've even used my image!

My original post was here
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

Lets hope it could lead to some positive outcome.
But mind what you say from now on guy n girls lol :)

Indeed I am well aware of the habits of young folk and mobile phones, but consider this: how often would a person use their mobile phone to call mum & dad, friends, bf if they were in the arms of another?

Not saying this was the case, and I'm not closed to the idea that the time of death could be any time that weekend, but there are certainly times when being available to everyone can be an unwanted distraction.

jmo

At the very least they would check the internet for mail, no? Their ISP should have a record of some activity.

Being new here I am struggling with the initials> I know who GF is and L/E but not sure of any of the others. I would be grateful for a little inventory pls.
I am loving these forums
Thanx

Well would you credit that. It just goes to show the Daily Mail are reading this forum. They've stolen what I stated the other day lol ;)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

There is some serious sleuthing being done on this thread, and I know I've said it before but I am truly impressed. It's true WS has some very good minds but Joanna's case has brought a terrific influx of new talent. And to all, thanks again. (I'll try and recruit everyone after Jo's case is solved for other threads I follow: "So - be interested in doing some work on a missing family of three in Oklahoma? Rum business, this, possible drug involvement, $32,000 cash left in their vehicle, a like amount missing, and also with a subtext of demonology and mental illness? Sign here.")

Lovely idea Firefly75 and wfgodot, I too have loads of candles, I'm going to have a cuppa, choose a candle for Jo, and catch up with you all later or tomorrow. R.I.P.Jo.

Let's all do it!

We have been pulling for justice. It would be nice to reach out in memory ...

There is some serious sleuthing being done on this thread, and I know I've said it before but I am truly impressed. It's true WS has some very good minds but Joanna's case has brought a terrific influx of new talent. And to all, thanks again. (I'll try and recruit everyone after Jo's case is solved for other threads I follow: "So - be interested in doing some work on a missing family of three in Oklahoma? Rum business, this, possible drug involvement,
$32,000 cash left in their vehicle, a like amount missing, and also with a subtext of demonology and mental illness? Sign here.")

I'm really happy we have a substantial influx of talented UK sleuthers.

I hope this will be the beginning of more UK exposure on WS.

BTW, I've been wanting to ask: Do people in the UK mind the CCTV cameras? I remember when those two kids led that young toddler off and killed him. Venable, or something.

And can you actually see the cameras, or are some hidden? As in, if you are a criminal can you specifically pick a route that has no cameras?

On The Sun's front page tomorrow "Saliva found on Jo body"..... "exclusive"...

not available online as yet

So Phill, you work for The Daily Mail ;)

I could never understand the LE's fixation with the Clifton Bridge - was it a decoy/ red herring, iykwim? When I stayed in Clifton travelling to the Ashton Court area I always travelled the 'Brunel Way' as Clifton Bridge was a complete bottleneck and a pain in the *advertiser censored*.

Looks like Daily Mirror has a "Jo's killer may have returned to body" come-on.

Well if she was murdered on Friday night then that would hardly be sensational imo, unless the saliva did not match that of any of the after-work drinks people who no doubt kissed her good evening.

Lets hope this is the piece of the jigsaw the L/E need to get a conviction. I was going on about DNA previously and I do feel this evidence is absolutely crucial

Well if she was murdered on Friday night then that would hardly be sensational imo, unless the saliva did not match that of any of the after-work drinks people who no doubt kissed her good evening.

I have thought that jigzy...... I guess it depends on what part of her body it was found though.

IMO, I'm amazed that GR actually arrived in Sheffield if that's absolutely true. Here in the Cambrian Mountains we had 12" of snow that night alone (I have reason to remember the exact conditions that night) not to mention a load more around the 20th. I recall watching the national News where traffic was advised to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary. I know that the conditions elsewhere may not have been as severe as in my locality, but......Was GR's journey really necessary? Really worth risking the car for? His parents backed down from travelling didn't they...Did GR really get there, stay there and return Sunday evening or did he turn around and return to Bristol?

jmo.
Yes, I have never understood the 'urgency' of the journey and if he HAD to make it...why not travel in daylight with such bad weather conditions? Would have thought he would have joined Jo and his workmates....taken Jo home...nice meal, dvd and go in the morning....if he had to? Even got Jo to accompany him...this just gets weirder by the day!

You say that it's January, and I can see the sense behind that. But has anybody considered the idea that perhaps it's early February? We had a fair bit of snow a few weeks ago, and I remember that a couple of years ago, a few weeks after we had a relatively heavy snow, it was definitely February then.
So I'm not sure. And, although A&S Police dated their most recent press release early January, I don't think they have much of a clue about anything. So I'm keeping an open mind on this.
But yes, either January or February.

.... unless it's December.
I meant 'it's January'.....like the month we're in now...intimating that it is getting more difficult to know which day it is...let alone month. (Nothing to do with the snow)

Yes if the weather was so dreadful why would GR go all that way. Surely the L/E would have checked the weather reports of the weekend of 17th. This opens up a whole new line of sleuthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654