GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good find! From Robin Hood's link above:

Local horse rider Emma Brewer said yesterday: “It is a bit weird if someone was driving up and down this lane because there is no obvious explanation. It seems suspicious to me. Some people do the school run and would come up and down the lane once, but not on a Saturday, and never three or four times.

“I remember that weekend well because it snowed very early on the Saturday morning, and so we didn’t go riding.
---
“Since the weekend she went missing, I probably drove down that lane eight times. And she was probably there, which is a bit freaky.

“But you wouldn’t have noticed because the road verges were covered in snow."

more at link

BREAKING: Jo Yeates' boyfriend visited his baby twin
nieces when she was killed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...n-nieces-when-she-was-killed-115875-22842871/

THE boyfriend of Jo Yeates spent a joyful weekend visiting his twin nieces as his girlfriendʼs body lay waiting to be found under a blanket of snow.

Architect Greg Reardon, 27, left Bristol on December 17 to travel up to Sheffield, South Yorkshire, planning to see the latest additions to his family and go skiing in the Peak District with his brother Francis, 33, known as Frank.

Their parents were due to join the brothers, taking a train from their home in Ilfracombe, Devon, but cancelled their plans at the last minute because of the snow.

Neighbours yesterday said Gregʼs sister-in-law, Helen, gave birth to Alice and Beth in September.

I have yet to finish reading this but this may be the alibi.

Also from Patticake's link:

One neighbour said they saw someone they thought was Greg – who police say is not a suspect – with skis in South Yorkshire on the Saturday and Sunday, while another said he spotted his car, which Frank had told him belonged to his brother. Former neighbour Sharon Burns, 35, said: “It’s highly likely when Greg came to visit before Christmas, it was the first time he had seen the twins.”

I am completely ham handed tonight not being able to edit the last post after 4 tries.

Here's another:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ible-escape-routes-from-lane-115875-22842872/

Jo Yeates murder: Cops examine killer's possible escape routes from lane

POLICE are examining six ways the killer could have escaped from the lane where Joʼs body was dumped.

Longwood Lane, in Failand, Bristol, is around half a mile long with three choices of direction at each end.
At the top end, you can turn left towards Clevedon (eight miles), right back to Clifton (three miles) or straight on to Abbots Leigh (two miles).

At the lower end, left takes you back to Bristol (four miles), right towards Clevedon and straight on into an unsignposted country lane.

Police think the killer drove over the Clifton Suspension Bridge to the lane, three miles from Joʼs basement flat in Clifton, Bristol.
When he turned into the north end of the lane he would have passed three houses.

From Robin Hood's Sun link:

---
Experts are working on the sample, thought to come from saliva left by the killer as he struggled to dump her.
---
Heavy snow covering her corpse hindered obtaining a DNA profile, experts said.

But scientists were able to get one from cotton wool-style buds swiped across her body.
---

I meant 'it's January'.....like the month we're in now...intimating that it is getting more difficult to know which day it is...let alone month. (Nothing to do with the snow)

Sorry, I'm being silly [it's late here and I've been out].
Had a few drinks with a chap who was a news reporter up north when the country was in the grip of terror through the Yorkshire Ripper murders.
Although he hasn't had his eye on this case, he was talking very interestingly about how rubbish L/E were in that case, completely unable to see the wood for the trees.
He mentioned one briefing he was involved in at the local nick after a chap had whacked a girl from behind with something [no terrible outcome resulting], and he asked whether there was any connection being made between this and the Ripper. Plod said "No, none, and don't even say that we're *not* saying there's a connection."
Of course, it turns out that, yep, it was the Ripper and should have been treated more seriously.
Anyhow, was interesting to hear various ways in which the police blinded themselves to the obvious.
I've given the police in the JY case a lot of benefit of a lot of doubt, but I think they're clueless and incompetent. And I think that if they'd treated the public with more respect then they'd have more to go on.

Back to the case, I cannot accept that the body was dumped on Christmas Eve. The only way I can say yes to that is by excluding 80% of how I've apportioned the probability of blame already.
I'm loving this case [aside from the fact that it's obviously a terrible tragedy at the same time] for the reason that it seems to force you to weigh up several quite improbable things and go for one unlikely scenario just because other unlikely scenarios are... well, even more unlikely.
Aaaanyway. Thanks for all the input that various people have made.
Even if we're not on the way to solving the case [and I remain a killjoy by saying that we need a heck of a lot more evidence], there's definitely a fantastic book or TV mini-series in the offing....

BREAKING: Jo Yeates' boyfriend visited his baby twin
nieces when she was killed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...n-nieces-when-she-was-killed-115875-22842871/

THE boyfriend of Jo Yeates spent a joyful weekend visiting his twin nieces as his girlfriendʼs body lay waiting to be found under a blanket of snow.

Architect Greg Reardon, 27, left Bristol on December 17 to travel up to Sheffield, South Yorkshire, planning to see the latest additions to his family and go skiing in the Peak District with his brother Francis, 33, known as Frank.

Their parents were due to join the brothers, taking a train from their home in Ilfracombe, Devon, but cancelled their plans at the last minute because of the snow.

Neighbours yesterday said Gregʼs sister-in-law, Helen, gave birth to Alice and Beth in September.

I have yet to finish reading this but this may be the alibi.

Maybe this offers an alternative explanation as to why a forensic bag was labelled 'curtain from under skis in hall' or similar wording? So did Greg set off in the car with a set of skis then, or were those in the hall Joanne's.

Sorry, I'm being silly [it's late here and I've been out].
Had a few drinks with a chap who was a news reporter up north when the country was in the grip of terror through the Yorkshire Ripper murders.
Although he hasn't had his eye on this case, he was talking very interestingly about how rubbish L/E were in that case, completely unable to see the wood for the trees.
He mentioned one briefing he was involved in at the local nick after a chap had whacked a girl from behind with something [no terrible outcome resulting], and he asked whether there was any connection being made between this and the Ripper. Plod said "No, none, and don't even say that we're *not* saying there's a connection."
Of course, it turns out that, yep, it was the Ripper and should have been treated more seriously.
Anyhow, was interesting to hear various ways in which the police blinded themselves to the obvious.
I've given the police in the JY case a lot of benefit of a lot of doubt, but I think they're clueless and incompetent. And I think that if they'd treated the public with more respect then they'd have more to go on.

Back to the case, I cannot accept that the body was dumped on Christmas Eve. The only way I can say yes to that is by excluding 80% of how I've apportioned the probability of blame already.
I'm loving this case [aside from the fact that it's obviously a terrible tragedy at the same time] for the reason that it seems to force you to weigh up several quite improbable things and go for one unlikely scenario just because other unlikely scenarios are... well, even more unlikely.
Aaaanyway. Thanks for all the input that various people have made.
Even if we're not on the way to solving the case [and I remain a killjoy by saying that we need a heck of a lot more evidence], there's definitely a fantastic book or TV mini-series in the offing....
Agree totally about the L/E lack of information to the public....they could have spread the net a lot wider ... with just a little more for us to go on. Still trying to find which car G/R drove.

The Yorkshire ripper got away with murder so to speak (scuse the pun) I agree the case was mishandled I remember it well.
I feel this case is under the L/E noses. IMHO I do feel the the bf was involved and in fact if you look at the pictures when the parents brother and him laid the flowers, he was wearing a woolly hat which almost covered his face. Unshaven with a dark shadow looked like he was hiding behind his clothing. There are many reasons why I think he is implicated but I also feel there is a woman behind the scenes that hasnt come to life yet that is very significant too.
Time for bed for me have the flu and concentration is poor!!!!
Of course poor Joanna did not deserve any of this but I agree this is a fascinating forum.
Keep up the ideas everyone you are brilliant

I don't know what to believe about this case and the leaked info to the media.

They have had the body for 17 days and just swabbed it for DNA?

Oh how I'd love to know what time GR reached Frank's house in Sheffield....

Oh how I'd love to know what time GR reached Frank's house in Sheffield....
Now we know he was going to visit his new twin nieces....even more reason why Jo may have wanted to go with him?....this gets odder by the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!