GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they should check if JY & GR got pizza delivered at all. Is it unusual for her to buy a pizza?

No offence, but if I was asked to someone's place for cider and pizza and turned up to find my host heating a Tesco's pizza in the oven I dare say I would be slightly annoyed. But not enough to kill.
Don't get your point here. What difference would the origin of the pizza make if a pal was coming round for the evening? Am I missing something?

I don't think it's unusual that the police turned up so quickly, after all, if her coat, boots, bag, phone, keys were all at home it would be obvious something was wrong (especially the keys) add to that the no communication for 2 days

As regards the pizza, maybe it's just me, but I have found this aspect of the case very puzzling, almost a red herring

Police were apparently sifting through 300 tonnes of rubbish (or whatever the figure was) to find this pizza box , (as if it would be the only one in existence in so much rubbish for such a popular brand) - and no doubt contaminated by other rubbish if it was ever found - how would they know it was THE ONE

That I really don't understand

Don't get your point here. What difference would the origin of the pizza make if a pal was coming round for the evening? Am I missing something?

Only if one of the family said 'Jo never ate processed foods. She'd never buy a pizza to eat on her own. She was in a rowing club and knows eating carbohydrates so close to bedtime is not good for you'.

They need a description of that 4X4 circulating on the news I think. Pictures and visual things jog peoples memory. It's been reported acting suspiciously (at least a light colured 4X4 has) on two seperate occasions, both different days. I presume (hope) there tracing every owner of such a vehicle around the Bristol area??

It's not that we can't go any further (well from my point of view anyway)
I am genuinely begining to think this could be someone who hasn't been in the frame before, not even mentioned, and quite possibly the Police don't even know who it is. We can only go on what we know, and no one so far stands out enough for me.

An uneasy feeling of someone very calculating is behind this, the 4X4. possibly two people. It is begining to feel like a calculated abduction/sex attack, and not an a heat of the moment thing.
We need more developments, or snippets of info pronto methinks!

We have no idea what evidence the police have, but there will be lots we know nothing about. I am as sure as I can be that if the police believed, on the basis of that evidence, that this was even possibly a "stranger killing", then there would be a huge police campaign to warn women in the Bristol area of the danger.

There has been no such campaign. Can you imagine the outcry if another woman was snatched and killed by the same perpetrator(s)?

I can only conclude, therefore, that the police are strongly convinced, on the basis of the evidence they hold, that the killer was close to Jo, and poses no threat to other women.

I am still convinced that the killer was close to Jo.

We have no idea what evidence the police have, but there will be lots we know nothing about. I am as sure as I can be that if the police believed, on the basis of that evidence, that this was even possibly a "stranger killing", then there would be a huge police campaign to warn women in the Bristol area of the danger.

There has been no such campaign. Can you imagine the outcry if another woman was snatched and killed by the same perpatrator(s)?

I can only conclude, therefore, that the police are strongly convinced, on the basis of the evidence they hold, that the killer was close to Jo, and poses no threat to other women.

I am still convinced that the killer was close to Jo.
I'm not as convinced as you. From what i've seen the Police seem to know very little.

*It's possible the attack was sexual, although we don't know.

*It's possible the sock was used to strangle her, but were not sure.

*There is no evidence to suggest women in the area are at increased risk, but we urge them to take extra care.

*It looks like the killer was known to Jo, but as yet we have no proof to back that up.

*As yet we can't say where the murder took place, we can't say when she died for sure, were also not sure how long the body has been in Longwood Lane.

There's too many 'not sures' and 'we don't knows' for me to have total confidence so far.

JMO.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/UK-News

see the flashing images of Jo with her best friend, they only come up once so you will have to reclick the link to see again, they both are wearing dark grey knitted hats, just like the boyfriend

This might be a very silly post, and probably means nothing, but it just grabbed my attention

:banghead:

overthinking i think now

They need a description of that 4X4 circulating on the news I think. Pictures and visual things jog peoples memory. It's been reported acting suspiciously (at least a light colured 4X4 has) on two seperate occasions, both different days. I presume (hope) there tracing every owner of such a vehicle around the Bristol area??

The police are going to be doing a reconstruction and hopefully have things like this in the programme

eta: Crimewatch at the end of this month

Have they said if it is light blue...or beige..whether it has hardtop or soft top?

Any body language experts or semi experts here? Is it true that if you shake your head left to right when saying something it means you are lying?

The police are going to be doing a reconstruction and hopefully have things like this in the programme

eta: Crimewatch at the end of this month
End of this month?..that's nearly 3 weeks away! Really hope they are not relying on a TV programme to solve this case. WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF THE BRISTOL AND AVON POLICE MANAGED TO CRACK THIS WITHOUT THE HELP OF T.V.?

Had Jo dialled 999 and been cut off, and had she managed to convey that there was a serious problem as was suggested upthread, I would expect LE to have traced the phone owner and the base station and to have checked the flat in the 48 hours before Greg arrived home.

Of course, it may be that they did check the flat and find nothing amiss and that it was then Greg's misper report which enabled them to put two and two together.

It's not that we can't go any further (well from my point of view anyway)
I am genuinely begining to think this could be someone who hasn't been in the frame before, not even mentioned, and quite possibly the Police don't even know who it is. We can only go on what we know, and no one so far stands out enough for me.

An uneasy feeling of someone very calculating is behind this, the 4X4. possibly two people. It is begining to feel like a calculated abduction/sex attack, and not an a heat of the moment thing.
We need more developments, or snippets of info pronto methinks!
Don't think for one minute that this was an 'opportunist' crime....too many obstacles for a 'spur of the moment' perp. No..this is someone Jo knew at best...at worst she interuppted something that could not risk being publicised.

End of this month?..that's nearly 3 weeks away! Really hope they are not relying on a TV programme to solve this case. WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF THE BRISTOL AND AVON POLICE MANAGED TO CRACK THIS WITHOUT THE HELP OF T.V.?

i know, i guess these things take time

Re abducting Jo and removing the body without being seen, the former window cleaner at 44 Canynge Road posted on Facebook that the only part of the property which is not overlooked is the area outside Jo's flat which is made more secluded by the scaffolding in place.

He also clarifies that there is no possibility of accessing the sports fields, rifle ranges etc. from 44 as there are high boundary walls all around. The only low wall divides the two properties of 42 & 44 right outside the flat. I concluded it would be easier to move a body to a vehicle on the drive at 42 or outside the gate at 42, (onto Percival Road) than onto Canynge Road.

The window cleaner's comments are in a thread titled 44 Canynge Road on the Facebook discussion page. He speaks highly of all the residents. And he also confirms the exact layout. Two basement flats each with separate external entrances (the entrance to #2 is at the rear) One ground floor flat. Two flats on each of the other two floors.

What if the 4 x 4 came from outside the area...i.e. borrowed?

Re abducting Jo and removing the body without being seen, the former window cleaner at 44 Canynge Road posted on Facebook that the only part of the property which is not overlooked is the area outside Jo's flat which is made more secluded by the scaffolding in place.

He also clarifies that there is no possibility of accessing the sports fields, rifle ranges etc. from 44 as there are high boundary walls all around. The only low wall divides the two properties of 42 & 44 right outside the flat. I concluded it would be easier to move a body to a vehicle on the drive at 42 or outside the gate at 42, (onto Percival Road) than onto Canynge Road.

The window cleaner's comments are in a thread titled 44 Canynge Road on the Facebook discussion page. He speaks highly of all the residents. And he also confirms the exact layout. Two basement flats each with separate external entrances (the entrance to #2 is at the rear) One ground floor flat. Two flats on each of the other two floors.
Yes, saw this thread on Facebook...could Lawrence be Laurence?

What if the 4 x 4 came from outside the area...i.e. borrowed?
If the Police have little to go on, then they have to examine every line of enquiry.
Just as the detective said 'no stone will go unturned'

The question 'what if the car came from outside the Bristol area' just might be 'what if the car did come from the Bristol area'

Looks like not much new tomorrow, front page-wise, at least, in the first five papers to be pictured on Sky - only Daily Mirror has a Jo-themed picture and headline ("My best mate Jo"), with RS and the same sort of stuff that's been up all day online, probably. (Express, Mail, and Telegraph all eerily using same picture on fronts for swine flu articles, by the way.)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...er_Front_Pages_For_Thursday,_January_13,_2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie