GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to be the same road ... the entrance to the quarry is on the left, just a little past where the police shelter is set up.

yeatesroadtoquarry.jpg

We've been told that the motorway cctv clocks are mostly inaccurate which has meant that the police had to verify them individually and transpose their recorded data accordingly to find out the real time of any event recorded by them. It seems to me quite possible that that may also apply to supermarket cctv clocks. In which case the times we have been given may be inaccurate by a few minutes. If I am allowed to presume this inacuracy, I'd like Joanna to go to Waitrose for the purpose of having somewhere warm and light to send her text to MW and perhaps also to call her friend Rebecca. When she has finished, she goes out briskly to make her other purchases elsewhere because she is not really a Waitrose shopper.

Haven't seen any suggestion that it's badly worded. On the contrary, it's remarkably clearly worded. But I agree that it's wrong. The same claim, though, was also in a number of news sources.

But it's the lack of clarity on these basic things that makes me inclined to stop taking interest in the case any more. The dump site -- I'm absolutely certain that it's not at the quarry entrance as posted above. The bags. The texts and phone call.

There were a couple of posts on the previous thread saying that the BBC Timeline wasn't really saying what it clearly (to me and you) does say. The police website is about as unclear and inaccurate as you might expect by now. If they are looking for help from the public, surely a clearly mapped and accurate timeline is what is required? The police have accurate timings, no doubt- we have to work on rumours and supposition.

You have mentioned the bags problem a few times, but I can't find your post where you set out what you see to be the problem. Can you repeat it, please?

Good google street angle you've posted there Otto. It shows the quarry entrance close proximity to the main road jnct. The wet on the road has spread in the form of tyre tracks up Longwood Lane. I think much the same thing would have happened from a wet gritted road surface, those big waggon tyres splatter lots of surface spray, especially if there turning. I'm sure the depth of snow where the body was left would have melted much quicker if the body had been there 8 days.

J.M.O.

Photo at this link shows entrance to quarry prior to tent being erected. IMO
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/25/joanna-yeates-a-body-found

1nzggm.jpg
That location is lower down Longwood Lane. The family didn't place those flowers at the scene until the 27th December. I think where flowers are being placed is confusing this whole thing really. The Police were still working where the body was found, obviously they can't have her parents contaminating that area.

1. Who did it? B/F
2. What was the motive? Jealousy/Insecurity
3. What was the time of death? Between 8.45pm 17/12 and 2am 18/12
4. What happened to the pizza? Eaten by murderer
5. When was the body was dumped? Between 5pm and midnight, 24/12

That location is lower down Longwood Lane. The family didn't place those flowers at the scene until the 27th December. I think where flowers are being placed is confusing this whole thing really. The Police were still working where the body was found, obviously they can't have her parents contaminating that area.

I was looking at the fence post to the right of the person in the white overalls and it looks similar to the one where the flowers are laid. imo

3013sc5.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/25/joanna-yeates-a-body-found

Thanks to Otto and Phillb, we now have a good view of the real dumping spot. What is now really clear is that there was never any intention of doing anything other than rapidly dump the body on the roadside. There is no way anyone was getting an adult body over that fencing, I doubt if 2 men could have done it.

Joanna Yeates's parents visit spot where her body was found.

nphnhc.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/27/police-await-joanna-yeates-postmortem
No it's not where the body was found. It's definitely lower down Longwood Lane. Here is the exact location on Google Street view where the family are laying flowers.
http://snipurl.com/1tkz72
Incidentally the white piece of paper/rubbish is the exact spot where the flowers are being placed. Note the end of the mesh fence.

Anyway, like the whole thing were just going round in circles with the body location. Very frustrating, and there is a real lack of anything new happening today.

Your shot is exactly the same quarry entrance location honestly MrZhivago.
I do a lot of photography, and boy would you be amazed how much a zoom telephoto lens really distorts things. Train lines appear to look like a big Dipper track. So i know what you mean about the uneven nature of the fence top and things not looking the same. But trust me, it's one and the same location.
Illusions play tricks big time.
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/Optical/Barrel_Distortion_01.htm

I may be going mad.
But this picture, which yes I believe is the location, is *not the same place* as where Phillb and Otto pinpoint the body. The wire fence shows that it's not the same. Have a look on Google Maps (it's easy to find) and nose around in street view.

The fences are confusing me but I did notice that 2009 is printed on the Google street views so maybe the fences are different now?.

The fences are confusing me but I did notice that 2009 is printed on the street views so maybe the fences are different now?.

Really it's the telephoto lens making optical illusions. The fence is old on both the 2009 Google shot and 2012 media shots.

Barrel distortion is a lens effect which causes images to be spherised or "inflated". Barrel distortion is associated with wide angle lenses and typically occurs at the wide end of a zoom lens. It is most visible in images with perfectly straight lines, especially when they are close to the edge of the image frame.

SNN2704B-682_1215554a.jpg

Huhm... Just looking at this shot I can't see that big stone boulder that was outside the Quarry entrance. It should be visible on this pic I.M.O. I'd be interested to know if it was there now. I have to admit I thought the firebrigade winch to lift the body was a bit O.T.T. But a stone boulder, that makes more sense.

Could car sighting hold the key to solving Joanna Yeates murder case?

A mysterious car was seen being driven slowly up and down Longwood Lane on the day after Joanna Yeates was last seen alive.

A couple became suspicious when the vehicle passed them three or four times on the morning of Saturday, December 18, the Evening Post can reveal.

They reported what they saw to police, not knowing 25-year-old architect Miss Yeates had gone missing from her Clifton flat the night before, and would be found dead on the side of the same road near Failand a week later, on Christmas morning.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/CAR-SIGHTING-HOLD-KEY-CLUES/article-3083969-detail/article.html

Here is something I found interesting from a poster on the Daily Mail website today:

"I worked for the One2One mobile phone network 10 years ago. Each call / text could be analysed to see which cells the phone was connected to, and the signal strength received from each cell. This information would allow the location of the phone to be triangulated - as seen on the many CSI shows. Whenever a mobile is switched on, but not making a call, it regularly connects to the network to announce it's location to allow incoming calls to be sent to the phone. All of this information is logged and is often requested by the police, So the police will know the exact times of calls / texts and locations of ALL the mobiles that are relevant to this case"
Also quite scary, in a Big Brother sort of context!

Perhaps it just had a flat battery?...maybe the 'tools' seen on the front seat were a torch and jump leads? Assume the L/E will check AA/RAC records in case they were called out?
Had another thought about this car...with the tools on the seat. What if someone had hurriedly cleared out their boot (say to make room for a body?) and just moved all the tools into the front of the car? This vehicle could prove very significant, know CJ has a silver car....but do any of the other people featured in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli