GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the BBC information that Joanna went home, and then went out again, and then went home with the pizza, I had to have another look at the maps. I know this replicates earlier maps, as that is where I got the information ... but I don't understand why it has been suggested that she went out a second time, as the stops for pizza and cider do seem to be on the way home. Am I missing something?

yeatesmap2.jpg

No worries :)

I'm afraid i don't know when the body was placed there. I still can't decide, it's too confusing.

Knowing that the snow first fell on the night of Dec 17, it seems like it's a possibility that she was placed by the quarry at that time, and then was snow covered. What is interesting about the location is that it is right at the entrance to the quarry, almost as though she was meant to be found quickly and easily. From looking at the location in google earth, the area directly across the road from where she was found looks like an area where dog walkers would be.

With the BBC information that Joanna went home, and then went out again, and then went home with the pizza, I had to have another look at the maps. I know this replicates earlier maps, as that is where I got the information ... but I don't understand why it has been suggested that she went out a second time, as the stops for pizza and cider do seem to be on the way home. Am I missing something?

Thanks for a great layout of the timeline, Otto. The suggestion that she went home after Waitrose, then straight out again, came from the current Timeline on the BBC website, but it has been suggested that it is just badly worded. I was taken by this idea, as I thought there was too much time between Waitrose and Bargainbooze sightings since Jo was probably a fast walker. But having looked at your layout, I'm not so sure. Great piece of work!

The 17th day dawns since Joanna was found.
It is generally agreed the first 48 hours are crucial to the investigation.

It appears whatever DNA the police have is of little value.
Is there any forensic evidence at all?
Is there any witnesses?
Where is the crime scene?

Leads will be going cold.
This case needs a big break and soon.

Joanna and her family along with her loved ones need justice.

It doesn't really look like there is any room between the rock and the road.

yeatesroad.jpg

That map is excellent, thanks Otto. I think we can put that BBC suggestion to bed now, no one else has reported it like that, I do believe it was lost in translation, she was in tescos at 8.40 buying the pizza, no reason to go back, even if she had police would have found more receipts and looking at the distance who would venture out again in the dark and cold

Thanks for a great layout of the timeline, Otto. The suggestion that she went home after Waitrose, then straight out again, came from the current Timeline on the BBC website, but it has been suggested that it is just badly worded. I was taken by this idea, as I thought there was too much time between Waitrose and Bargainbooze sightings since Jo was probably a fast walker. But having looked at your layout, I'm not so sure. Great piece of work!

Most welcome ... I'm visual, and need to see things. I agree that there is too much time between the cider and the pizza, but didn't she also phone her friend between the two stops? She may have stopped walking and spoken on the phone for a few minutes, then gone on to pick up the pizza. Do we have the times for the phone call ... I'll add it to the map. I only recall that it ended at 8:36.

Knowing that the snow first fell on the night of Dec 17, it seems like it's a possibility that she was placed by the quarry at that time, and then was snow covered. What is interesting about the location is that it is right at the entrance to the quarry, almost as though she was meant to be found quickly and easily. From looking at the location in google earth, the area directly across the road from where she was found looks like an area where dog walkers would be.
From what Police say it sounds like there was snow already on the ground when she was placed there. A fire brigade winch was used to lift the body out because it was moulded to the snow. It's all surmise and conjecture, but that sounds like snow was under the body to me. In effect it would be like a car parked in the street on a snow night, the car is covered in snow, but once it's driven away you can see the snow free ground where it had stood. That's how it sounds to me anyway.

This is probably where she bought the pizza

yearestesco.jpg

I'm looking to see whether she had to climb a hill to get back to the apartment, as I don't think she would double back if there was a hill.

Most welcome ... I'm visual, and need to see things. I agree that there is too much time between the cider and the pizza, but didn't she also phone her friend between the two stops? She may have stopped walking and spoken on the phone for a few minutes, then gone on to pick up the pizza. Do we have the times for the phone call ... I'll add it to the map. I only recall that it ended at 8:36.

She is supposed to have called her girlfriend at 8.30, and according to the girlfriend the call lasted 15 minutes, but that can't be right, since she wasn't on the phone at Tesco, 8.37. I don't think timings for that call are reliable at all.

The gap I had doubts about was between Waitrose, 8.10 and Bargainbooze, 8.24, but looking at the map as you have posted it, that doesn't seem unreasonable, and I now doubt whether she could have gone home from Waitrose, then rushed back out to reach Bargainbooze, all in just 14 minutes.
I will be in Clifton next week, I'll walk that route and see what time it would take in reality, if this case isn't solved by then, which I truly hope it is.

Could she have gone back out again because she might've found nothing else for dinner?

I think there's a bit of a hill/slope from the pub to home, although it's difficult to tell on street view, and it looks like a very nice walk along narrow roads. She must have felt very safe. The front of the house, from the street, looks like this. I think she could have been abducted from home and taken into a car along the street without anyone really noticing too much

yeateshome.jpg

I'll post these images because there seems to be some real confusion where the body was left. The body deposit site is really relevant to how long it had been there, and would it have been seen earlier. Destroyer, along with others have the quarry entrance location spot on, but there seems a lot who think it was near a low wall higher up the lane.

5344329812_d0592165c1_z.jpg

5344329814_69410b7894.jpg

The forensic tent over the body is clearly in the layby quarry entrance 'off' Longwood lane here.

5344329804_3fc873319e_z.jpg

Location where the body was placed on Google Street view.
The Police even confirm this with this statement ''I'm keen to hear from anyone who saw, or heard anyone acting suspiciously in the Longwood Lane area, particulary near to the area of the entrance to Durnford quarry
That statement can be seen on this Police press conference here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_CrZuVTv0

5345561252_8d72c7119a_z.jpg

If the quarry was still open, the wheels of the trucks where only a foot or so away from running over the body itself. A low wire mesh fence is strung along the concrete posts visible, the body wasn't thrown in there, but as the Police state on the road side verge between the large stone boulder, and quarry entrance gate. It would be really good to find out when the quarry closed for Christmas has as been mentioned before, while it's true some building firms close for a 2 week period over Christmas, it is an old tradition that is slowly dying out, many contractors and building suppliers work up to Christmas eve.

Durnford quarry is a real busy and important location, It states on their website it is the main supplier of agregate to the building industry in, and around the Bristol area. I.M.O that would give a good indication the quarry would still be in full swing Christmas week. If so, then someone had to open those quarry gates literally feet away from the body. All depending on snow depth, you'd have to take into account the effects of grit on the road, and heavy turning wheels. Snow melt alongside busy road verges is accelerated considerably. The dog walkers have stated themselves 'we walk pass that spot every day, if it had been there earlier were sure to have seen it. Other people passing the spot regular have quoted the same thing. I'd also be like to know if the quarry had any security or night patrol. I find it highly unlikely it didn't in all honesty.

5344329810_4a020fd2e2_z.jpg

There is confusion the body was found higher up the lane, on the grass verge along the narrow lane at the bottom of a low stone wall, there is no such wall where the body was placed. That report comes from bad press reporting, reporters have gone up the lane when it was reopened and quoted the spot where the floral tributes, and information appeal board are now situauted as the location of the body. The Police have only put those flowers and appeal board in that location at the top of the hill so all who pass will see it. It doesn't mark the actual body deposit spot.

A good point to note are the tyre marks from the trucks turning into the quarry. All trucks using the quarry turn into the quarry the same way. A weight limit restriction is imposed on Longwood Lane after the quarry entrance, you can see the 4 tonne limit signs on Google street view. The amount of heavy turning wheels is pretty clear to see on this image, no trucks travel to or from Beggers Bush lane heading North. If the council hadn't gritted Longwood lane, then i expect the quarry itself is more than capable of dealing with it's entranceway. Road grit always melts the sides of the roads.

5344329822_7b07d5394c.jpg

It's these kind of pictures taken when the road was reopened that are confusing peoples accounts, they don't mark the actual spot. No one with any sense would pull up to dispose of a body and run the risk of blocking the narrow lane, even in the dead of night and eerie quiet, they still wouldn't chance an unexpected car wanting to pass.

The firebrigade had to use a special wench to remove the body, because it was effectively moulded into the snow and ice. That indicates the body was there for days rather than hours, on the other hand the easy to spot location suggests it was placed there only hours before the body was found on Christmas day.

No wonder the Police are really struggling with this case. Everything contradicts, and rules out every possible theory :banghead:

Some points to ponder there!

You're right that there's been a terrible amount of confusion about where the body was left. (Which is emblematic of how almost nothing has been straightforward with this.)
But I really think that it's incorrect that the body was left where you say.
The tent in the picture is one of two tents.
There's been a lot of discussion of this elsewhere, which I'll try to find.
But I'm positive that it's not there.
[But, yes, I'm aware that the flowers are laid at a different spot etc]

Are there no CCTV anywhere by the quarry entrance or facing the entrance?

It looks like a country road with a bike trail to the left, the quarry to the right ... no cameras to be seen.

yeatesquarry.jpg

I have to strongly disagree with you about the body location Mr Zhivago.

Even the police state on the press conference video it was left at the entrance to the quarry.

Also these pictures and map here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assume-shes-dead--lives-gone-say-parents.html

Were put together by someone on the spot when they recoverd the body. They've marked what they witnessed with thier own eyes. All activity, even the fire brigade winch is on the quarry entrance.

So we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, but that's the beauty of having online forums. Healthy debate is good!

Haven't seen any suggestion that it's badly worded. On the contrary, it's remarkably clearly worded. But I agree that it's wrong. The same claim, though, was also in a number of news sources.

But it's the lack of clarity on these basic things that makes me inclined to stop taking interest in the case any more. The dump site -- I'm absolutely certain that it's not at the quarry entrance as posted above. The bags. The texts and phone call.

Even the police state on the press conference video it was left at the entrance to the quarry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assume-shes-dead--lives-gone-say-parents.html

Were put together by someone on the spot when they recoverd the body. They've marked what they witnessed with there own eyes. All activity, even the fire brigade winch is on the quarry entrance.

So we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, but that's the beauty of having online forums. Healthy debate is good!

I don't trust the police in all this.
Yes, debate is good.
I have to tear myself away for the moment.
I'm terribly confused by the dump site. And I genuinely believe the police are being unhelpful.
But when I tried piecing together the different reports the other day I was sure it was some yards away from the entrance. And that the question was then which side.
Anyhow, perhaps you're right.

Were put together by someone on the spot when they recoverd the body. They've marked what they witnessed with thier own eyes. All activity, even the fire brigade winch is on the quarry entrance.

It looks to be the correct location

yeatesmapquarry.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members