GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the theory is the message is aimed at someone particular, already known to the police, who has already provided an alibi for a another person, accounting for their whereabouts at a particular time:

1) why would they send out a message via the media, rather than via direct questioning of the person involved? Doing it indirectly via the media would seem unnecessarily risky?

2) if we're thinking about someone specific, are we not led to believe there is other evidence available (card payments etc) that would mean that this persons' testimony isn't crucial in forming an alibi.

Much as would like to hope the police are closing the net on someone, it seems like a message sent more in hope than expectation.
I think, if they brought the person supplying the alibi, in for questioning...they would probably stick to their 'story' (if that's what it is). By putting out the appeal I think they are hoping that other family members will put pressure on this person to come forward and not risk purjuring themselves. This, to me anyway, would seem that, although they have a good idea who the perp is, they STILL lack enough evidence to arrest them (although that didn't stop them with C/J).

If the theory is the message is aimed at someone particular, already known to the police, who has already provided an alibi for a another person, accounting for their whereabouts at a particular time:

1) why would they send out a message via the media, rather than via direct questioning of the person involved? Doing it indirectly via the media would seem unnecessarily risky?

2) if we're thinking about someone specific, are we not led to believe there is other evidence available (card payments etc) that would mean that this persons' testimony isn't crucial in forming an alibi.

Much as would like to hope the police are closing the net on someone, it seems like a message sent more in hope than expectation.

Hi Brownbread

I think your right about that - And it's not hard to think who this is aimed at imo. By putting it in the media it's all adding to the stress factor that person is undoubtably feeling. I read a lot last night about alibis and how loved ones get caught up - eg "what time did I get home last night?"... "no it far earlier than that remember?" Also put yourself in that situation ... its hard to believe a loved one could kill someone and this refusal to believe makes the person giving the alibi feel he is doing absolutely nothing wrong just by saving his loved one from police 'barking up the wrong tree'

1 bedroom ground floor flat to rent Clifton, 44 Canynge Rd BS8 3LQ

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-27696067.html

Lovely 1 BEDROOM FLAT on one of the most DESIRABLE ROADS in CLIFTON. Situated on the ground floor of this MAGNIFICENT HOUSE this flat benefits from its OWN ENTRANCE and a SMALL PATIO in front of the living room. The living room is light and airy and has a separate dining area. The kitchen and bat...

lol

3 mth lease yeah?

Going off at a tangent to this plan....did I read somewhere that L/P has a garden flat next door?....would his flat be similar layout to Jos'...would his entrance be the other side of the hedge..or do you think the layout may be different? and NO Otto.....I don't expect you to 'knock up' more wonderful graphics! Also, does anyone know if there is a path through the hedge...or the back gardens to enable you to go from one property to the other without coming out into the road?

For what it's worth when the police took the 2 cars away that CJ was using the light coloured Volvo was removed from the rear of the property.

Sweep the cat - GR in the photos.

Thanks for the photos PhilB. There is a distinct lack of deep snow in the area where JY was dumped. I still have a feeling she was kept in cold storage for a time as the autopsy could not be done until the body had thawed.

Looking at the photos of GR at the roadside when laying the flowers, he is hidden behind JY family in nearly all of them. They all have arms around each other but I cannot see any arms around GR. I dont know if this means much but GR is very much at the back hiding his face and hands and showing very little emotion.

I don;t think I have seen one photo that shows GR bonded in any way with the family..he looks extremely uncomfortable. It is body language and statements that are the only reason my eye of suspicion keeps him as a probable suspect.
The only thing that is add odds with this is I believe the body was placed there christmas eve and I dont see HIM being the one to do that, unless is he far more cunning than I give him credit for.

By putting it in the media it's all adding to the stress factor that person is undoubtably feeling.

Well it seems to me that a hypothesis about whodunnit is being turned into a fact on the basis of another hypothesis about the police using the press which is even shakier than the one it is supposed to support.

I agree that various media sources are hinting at GR being the culprit and hinting at his brother being his only alibi, and trying to pressure the brother to "come clean"... But I see no evidence that this comes from the police and I wonder if the journalists don't "know" it's GR because they read it on Websleuths :)

Likewise, the media reps see the police hunting again at 44 Canynge Rd, getting plans, looking inside and outside, etc., and they conclude that they are looking for a place where the body was stored for a time. They further conclude that the person suspected of storing the body for a time was GR between Friday and Sunday. But you can bet your bottom dollar it wasn't the police that told them what they were looking for or who they suspected.

Suppose we try for a moment to imagine that GR was not guilty and that he has abundant proof of this. Suppose he was seen leaving at 6.45 pm on Friday, that he stopped for petrol an hour later at a corresponding distance, that he made a couple of calls en route, that his mobile phone was on the whole time and that the police have traced his movements by triangulation and listened to recordings of his calls/texts. Suppose he stopped for a coffee after two hours and was captured clearly on CCTV. Suppose he arrived at Sheffield before 10 pm and was seen by his brother and sister-in-law and perhaps by others and definitely didn't go anywhere else. Suppose he had numerous witnesses for all he did during the weekend and that after returning to the flat he sent various e-mails, texts, etc during the 4 hours at times that show that he didn't have time to go out... etc. etc.

I don't know that any of those suppositions are true, but it seems to me that supposing them to be true does not clash with a single known fact nor does it deprive us of alternative credible ways of explaining the murder which would call for much less luck than the GR hypothesis.

Let's note also that the GR hypothesis leaves us no explanation of the very mysterious 4X4 in Longwood Lane on Saturday morning which the police seem to think probably was involved.

Finally, on the body language arguments, my point of view is summed up by Chesterton's story The Mistake of the Machine.

Has anyone got the link of the text from JY to MW please. I think she said "where are you" but I cant remember the next part.

There is a distinct lack of deep snow in the area where JY was dumped.
There doesn't have to have been deep snow. If the body was placed unobtrusively, say partly behind that rock, then a relatively light fall of snow would have been enough to camouflage it. It doesn't need to have been completely buried in snow.

Let's note also that the GR hypothesis leaves us no explanation of the very mysterious 4X4 in Longwood Lane on Saturday morning which the police seem to think probably was involved.

Can anyone point to a description of this vehicle as being a 4x4? I cannot remember seeing any description of it at all, but I've seen so many people referring to it as a 4x4, that I wonder if I may have missed something.

That was the vehicle seen at the golf club on the Friday night. Not the one seen in Longwood Lane on Saturday morning.

Re: Rossetti - 4x4
That was the vehicle seen at the golf club on the Friday night. Not the one seen in Longwood Lane on Saturday morning.

Hi Rossetti... I believe both sightings have described light colored 4x4. From what I can surmise L/E are deliberately not given any further description, maybe it is part of the Cat and Mouse... sending message to perp or co perp..

Can anyone point to a description of this vehicle as being a 4x4? I cannot remember seeing any description of it at all, but I've seen so many people referring to it as a 4x4, that I wonder if I may have missed something.

My mistake. Now that I hunt for it I only find it being referred to as a car, not a 4x4.
A mysterious car was seen being driven slowly up and down Longwood Lane on the day after Joanna Yeates was last seen alive.

A couple became suspicious when the vehicle passed them three or four times on the morning of Saturday, December 18, the Evening Post can reveal.

They reported what they saw to police, not knowing 25-year-old architect Miss Yeates had gone missing from her Clifton flat the night before, and would be found dead on the side of the same road near Failand a week later, on Christmas morning.

Source here.

We thus have two cars reported as behaving strangely in the area of the dumping, one a light 4X4 at around 11.20 pm on Friday 17th and this one, also a light-coloured car, otherwise unspecified, the following morning. It is not the same witnesses in each case. And the Saturday morning one was behaving so oddly as to be reported to police before anyone except the murderer knew Joanna was missing, which adds to its interest IMO.

Hi Rossetti... I believe both sightings have described light colored 4x4. From what I can surmise L/E are deliberately not given any further description, maybe it is part of the Cat and Mouse... sending message to perp or co perp..

So if the police have not given a description of the vehicle seen on Saturday 18th, what is your source for saying it was a light-coloured 4x4?

I have seen no description at all of the vehicle seen on the Saturday.

My mistake. Now that I hunt for it I only find it being referred to as a car, not a 4x4.

Source here.

We thus have two cars reported as behaving strangely in the area of the dumping, one a light 4X4 at around 11.20 pm on Friday 17th and this one, also a light-coloured car, otherwise unspecified, the following morning. It is not the same witnesses in each case. And the Saturday morning one was behaving so oddly as to be reported to police before anyone except the murderer knew Joanna was missing, which adds to its interest IMO.

Yes, I can't even see a reference to its colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie