GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was this girl. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would think this is JY - she has different teeth and ears though the nose is similar - it's in an album entitled Adam & Goya - Berlin - Typo party. Berlin is where LP also lives, when He's not in Bristol. I hardly think Lorp would have images of JY STILL on his photostream if he had anything at all to do with her disappearance.

img-2400-016 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Scroll on for more pics

jmo

I didn't imply it was JY and said 'obviously this is not JY' in my post

However, there are striking similarities

and as all and everything is grist for the amateur, online sleuthing, and as the original posting, a few hundred posts ago had remained in my mind, it was worth the mention, imo

Thanks for the Ford Ka info.
It certainly rings a bell with me too.
If I recall correct it was blue, and should be similar to this then.

ford_ka_g.jpg

Looking at that shot just how big is the boot I wonder?

Window cleaner says that the window to the left of the door is the kitchen window here,... http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...8&set=a.130324710364795.22123.128719860525280

Thanks. I've added the window. It would be great if someone in the area took a walk along the back of the building and took some photos ... also of the area between the two buildings so we could know for sure if someone could leave the flat out the back. Someone that worked on the buildings several years ago said the sheds were still in place, but it's possible that after the 2008 renovations, they were removed. I'm also curious about whether the garden flat on the other side of the building (sharing a wall with Jo's flat) has an entrance in the place ... that is, whether the flats are mirrored floor plans.

The google earth photos just don't give me enough information about what is going on behind the buildings ... sheds, windows, so on ... and I'm curious.

Okay....what accomplice...again, who would be willing to be seen near the flat, moving a body? Are you suggesting someone who has not yet appeared on our 'radar'...and would not be recognised by the police as already being part of this case?

No. People sometimes take great risks to protect loved ones.
jmo

I didn't imply it was JY and said 'obviously this is not JY' in my post

However, there are striking similarities

and as all and everything is grist for the amateur, online sleuthing, and as the original posting, a few hundred posts ago had remained in my mind, it was worth the mention, imo

Sorry Laser - I didn't mean you. I meant when it was posted originally.

:)

Err, I haven't read every post here today so please can I ask why there is talk here of stairs inside JY's apartment?

Anyone know where G.R lived prior to moving to Bristol? It doesn't have to be the exact address.
I'm specifically thinking 2009 in the Summer and Autumn. If you do, then don't put it in the public domain on here, but mail me it please. It can be possible to trace the car using the wonders of internet technology lol :)

Of course it's fruitless if the car is newer than that. GRRR! :banghead:

Sorry Laser - I didn't mean you. I meant when it was posted originally.

:)

No problems Jigzy

just clarifying

So much has been said in this and other fora about residents of that salubrious location. And via the media, we've learned of an arrest, an extensive search, reams of recollections and opinions from past pupils and current college staff, photos of senior citizens sledding, multiple vehicles, outrage and threats of litigation against LE, etc. etc. So it didn't seem completely out of context to remark on the apparent physical similarities between two young women obviously associated with the mix via 'Lorp'

But despite that someone in the thread very recently opined that the suggestion there may have been students residing in the same dwelling or close by is incorrect, I consider the inclusion of students into the mix to be very interesting at least, unless it's been conclusively established no such students existed

If we're to take media claims of JY's phoning MW re: a get-together as an indication, it's very possible JY could have been attracted to a social gathering

I'm also curious about whether the garden flat on the other side of the building (sharing a wall with Jo's flat) has an entrance in the place ... that is, whether the flats are mirrored floor plans.

According to the window cleaner, the door is at the back of the building.

The google earth photos just don't give me enough information about what is going on behind the buildings ... sheds, windows, so on ... and I'm curious.

Have you tried Bing Maps in birds-eye view? You can rotate the picture and see from four different sides.

Just back to the image of the sock shown at the press conference the other week that is rumoured to of been the one found on Jo's body when she was found, this is a more closer up image, & i was wondering whether or not judging by how dirty the base is if we can determine whether she may have walked outside of the flat without shoes on her feet ??

socko.jpg

Well, if you prefer a suspect with a good alibi to one who has none, I suppose so.

It seems to me entirely arbitrary to see it as in any way suggesting one possible killer more than another - except to the extent that it doesn't apply to killers having no partner, relatives or friends at all.

JMO.

I'm not so sure about that. Everything fits GR. The cycle route. The tidying up in the flat (for which we have indications only admittedly). The timing of the first police call. Access. Opportunity.

The motive? Jealousy and a mistaken impression given of a text message from CAG.....

Why hadn't JY spoken to CAG - (MW) for such a long time?

GR didn't approve? He doesn't look in JY's league, but that won't stop jealous feeling in one who is unable to control their jealousy.

Its a young man's crime. The concealment shows its a clever young man's crime.

They have ruled out a pair of serial killers. That leaves only those who are close (facebook mates) and closer still (siblings, close friends and lovers).

JMO

Anyone know where G.R lived prior to moving to Bristol? It doesn't have to be the exact address.
I'm specifically thinking 2009 in the Summer and Autumn.

He would have been in Bristol then. They met in Bristol and had been together for two years. I don't know where they lived before Canynge Road though, neither of their names came up for me on the ER search. They may have opted to go on the edited ER, in which case their names wouldn't be in the public domain.

Thanks, Scottybail

I accredited your original post and provided link, etc. in my post #585

I still think you have a very keen eye to have spotted the similarities, to the point I remembered your original post despite the approx. 400 posts which have been made since

Dear Laserdisc

Actually, I have a terrible eye for recognising faces, but it looks like JY to me.

Thanks anyway!

Err, I haven't read every post here today so please can I ask why there is talk here of stairs inside JY's apartment?

It's a basement flat but the entrance is at ground floor level, and photos clearly show that the stairs are not on the outside. So, there must be stairs on the inside, leading from the entrance door down into the flat itself.

But despite that someone in the thread very recently opined that the suggestion there may have been students residing in the same dwelling or close by is incorrect, I consider the inclusion of students into the mix to be very interesting at least, unless it's been conclusively established no such students existed

Please note Malaconotus' comments, with which I concur:

.... It is another basement flat. I believe it is still rented to a foreign couple....

....I have a lot more detail than the above but am not minded to put it in the public domain. It is all easily established from the electoral roll, property sales websites, planning applications etc., whereupon a little intelligent googling will tell you a little about the other residents.

They lived in the garden flat, and that is, as far as I can tell, a basement suite such that half of the apartment is below ground. Is that not the case?

yeateshousephoto.jpg

Destroyer wrote:

Just back to the image of the sock shown at the press conference the other week that is rumoured to of been the one found on Jo's body when she was found, this is a more closer up image, & i was wondering whether or not judging by how dirty the base is if we can determine whether she may have walked outside of the flat without shoes on her feet ??

It's been said in this forum that in the CCTV footage of the evening of the 17th, JY was wearing Ugg boots ... described by the poster, I think as ' the soft type ', which might mean they had only sheepskin soles and intended as a rule for indoor use

There are Ugg boots with quite thick, gristle-type soles which would be more suitable for outdoor use, but if the poster was correct and JY was wearing the 'indoor' kind, then moisture would possibly have permeated the sheep-skin, causing at least dampness and thus staining of the socks

On the other hand, JY may have worn the socks in question in place of slippers whilst at home in the weeks, months prior to the 17th, which may well have stained the soles despite being washed

If she wore the socks with sneakers, perspiration may have caused the staining in the past

Or, she could have worn the socks outdoors during the time she was missing and this may have caused the staining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member