Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I need to ask this:

Is the body actually there in the photo with the police and small gathering of people?

Nice bit of editing Otto.
But I think it's pretty much a wise idea to not take it for granted the body was placed here. I don't, and all the other evidence we've seen shows it was on the other side of the boulder and next to the gate.

JMO of course.

There was a photo showing that the boulder had been moved, or dirt had fallen on it ... at the curb of the road beside the rock. The photos suggest it was up the road from the intersection, a little past where it splits to 3 lanes, and not on the other side of the quarry entrance. I was looking for light posts in the photos and there is one in the photo with the crane that corresponds to a light post just past where the forest ends and the road widens. I didn't have a chance to look more closely, but I think there could be a match of lights posts ... accounting for the summer/winter shots ... it's the only straight post in the forest.

Is the body actually there in the photo with the police and small gathering of people?

It doesn't appear to be to me anyway.
Jo was a fit, slim young woman. But for people to say her body could have been hid for 8 days, well they have to picture her so very petite that she'd slip through the floorboards walking along I.M.O.

That seems to be what's going on. It looks like a forensic person, a couple of officers talking with the people that found the body, and the rest are forming a perimeter. It looks like two are taking photos ... because their heads are down.

The other photos of the curved tree being the same as the top one are uncertain.

It doesn't appear to be to me anyway.
Jo was a fit, slim young woman. But for people to say her body could have been hid for 8 days, well they have to picture her so very petite that she'd slip through the floorboards walking along I.M.O.

What are they all standing around talking about or photographing ... certainly not the scene after a crane has been through.

No one is that careful ... unless he is very practiced at this, or as was posted earlier ... that it could be someone with forensic knowledge or police training ....

.... or someone who has watched a lot of CSI, read some books, or knows how to use Google?

There was a photo showing that the boulder had been moved, or dirt had fallen on it ... at the curb of the road beside the rock. The photos suggest it was up the road from the intersection, a little past where it splits to 3 lanes, and not on the other side of the quarry entrance. I was looking for light posts in the photos and there is one in the photo with the crane that corresponds to a light post just past where the forest ends and the road widens. I didn't have a chance to look more closely, but I think there could be a match of lights posts ... accounting for the summer/winter shots ... it's the only straight post in the forest.

Is this the boulder photo otto?.

343kavc.jpg

General view of the entrance to Durnford Quarry on Longwood Drive in Bristol, near to where the body of Joanna Yeates was found. Chris Jefferies remained in custody this morning after police were granted more time to question him about her death.. Picture date: Saturday January 1, 2011. See PA story POLICE Missing. Photo credit should read: Tim Ireland/PA Wire
http://www.aapone.com.au/Search.aspx?search=QUESTION+TIME&(IMPORTDATE>20100524)

ETA On reflection, I don't think this is the photo you were thinking of otto. Sorry.

Hey if I was planning murder, I would be picking up random things all over the place to muddy the waters: discarded cigarette butts, strands of hair ....

Anecdotally, Greater Manchester Police have already complained of joyriders abandoning cars with ashtrays full of random cigarette butts they've collected.

What are they all standing around talking about or photographing ... certainly not the scene after a crane has been through.

How does that relate to a body lying undiscoverd for 8 days? Or not being in that location for 8 days?

Really, sometimes the inevitable has to be accepted in the end. Just because her body not being dumped on either Fri 17th or Sun 19th makes a mess of peoples theories.
You simply can't rule out her body was dumped the night before because it doesn't fit with your theory.

The Police can't work like that at all. Although the way I'm watching this unfold, I wouldn't be surprised. You can't shape things and make it work to suit your theory. It has to be absolutely logical, otherwise it becomes totally farcical.

I've heard everything from an inch of snow covering the body, non existant ditches, snow blizzards, to all dog walkers go out at night. That lane must be the loneliest, most god forsaken place in Britain by day according to theories.

At some point, you have to admit the probability of the body being kept somewhere else is really quite high.

343kavc.jpg

General view of the entrance to Durnford Quarry on Longwood Drive in Bristol, near to where the body of Joanna Yeates was found. Chris Jefferies remained in custody this morning after police were granted more time to question him about her death.. Picture date: Saturday January 1, 2011. See PA story POLICE Missing. Photo credit should read: Tim Ireland/PA Wire

ETA On reflection, I don't think this is the photo you were thinking of otto. Sorry.

The sign to the entrance is much bigger in this (recent) photo, and is very near to the curved tree......

I personally can not believe forensics would allow people to be standing anywhere near the body..... a defence lawyer would have a field day with that picture if it were the case!!

I wish that I could find the video but as yet no success. From memory, when viewing the video, most of the activity, i.e. from the investigators dressed in white, was was just to the right of the woman and behind the tape, which made me think at the time that's where the body must be.

Just wondering if the police bending over, in the foreground of pic, might be police photographers?.

nnpg03.jpg

dont know if I made the point very well, but where is the big white sign to the entrance in this shot?

I think there's a photo of the crane with one of the light poles in it. Anyone have a link to the picture with the white van backed up? If had the picture of the crane, I would put it with these pictures to help figure out which light pole is in the scene.

ETA: see below image

343kavc.jpg

That is the one I was thinking of. Was all the snow melted a couple of days later? Is that current photo?

The sign to the entrance is much bigger in this (recent) photo, and is very near to the curved tree......

I personally can not believe forensics would allow people to be standing anywhere near the body..... a defence lawyer would have a field day with that picture if it were the case!!

Other than police and the people that found the body, there's not much chance of further contaminating the scene by discussing the circumstance of finding the body. The photographer seems to be just outside of the police perimeter.

Could police be standing there, taking photos, after the crane and other vehicles left the area? If it's before, then Joanna is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackDiamond