GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of discussion overnight, but I don't see this case nearer a solution. What do we know that we didn't know yesterday?

1.Jo didn't eat the Pizza

I don't see that this takes us very far, in fact very few of the theories on here involved her eating the pizza anyway. However looking again at the size of the pizza, I am pretty sure it was bought to share. I am also pretty sure that she only became aware that she was catering for two after she left Waitrose. Otherwise, why not buy a pizza in Waitrose?

2. It appears she did, after all, buy something in Waitrose, whatever is in the black bag, which the police haven't revealed the contents of, except to tell us they aren't significant- thanks for that, chaps. This does explain what to me was always a minor mystery- how on earth was the CCTV from Waitrose found almost immediately, if she bought nothing there? I was almost impressed by the police's efficiency! It now looks like the police found a Waitrose receipt as well as a Tesco receipt in the flat.

3. The police don't know whether a ligature was used. What? Well no more CSI for me, then.

4. The police don't know where she was killed. That makes sense if she was killed in a car they haven't looked at yet.

5. The police don't know when she was killed. Another triumph for forensics! (yes, I know the frozen conditions made it difficult, but even so)

I'm sort of guessing the police also don't know when the body was dumped?

I see that theories are now spreading to include Jo's brother, Greg's brother, a mystery drug dealer----I'm sensing desperation, but if GR and MW really do have cast iron, watertight alibis then we obviously have to look elsewhere, but I for one will take a lot of convincing that GR has an unbreakable alibi.

Anyone else getting that impending "cold case" feeling? Or am I just being too pessimistic?

In the black plastic bag she had her work shoes.

For those who wondered what was crossed out on the paper Jo's mum read out

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3359223/Jo-Yeates-didnt-eat-her-pizza.html

A BBC insider said: "Mr and Mrs Yeates made it clear they think whoever is responsible for Jo's death has not gone far.

"They wrote it down as part of what they were going to say for the interview but it was crossed out at the last minute.

"I understand the police said they didn't want it being used for 'operational reasons'."

Re: pipkins

Originally Posted by Myserty64
It would be nice to know if GR has been in the interview room.
Without a doubt he would have been - The next part I want to see is the one that G/R makes an appeal in front of the TV cameras. This I think will mean it imminent that an arrest is to be made

I am beginning to think that Crimewatch will air next week and then there will be an arrest.

I just noticed that Crimewatch is not available to Internet users in the US.
I guess I will just have to skype my sister so that I can see the airing live.

Does anyone know if it is available through Dish or DirectTV?

Hard to escape from GR for me..
Means - yes. Motive - yes. Opportunity - yes.

Means. Yes, but no more so than millions over others given the COD.
Motive. People may well have speculated about what the motive might have been, but no motive has been established.
Opportunity. Without specific information regarding the TOD and the evidence supporting GR's whereabouts that weekend it would be impossible to say one way or another.

The very fact their asking for possible scenarios, shows really they are non the wiser to events of that night at the flat than we are

Could you show me where this was said, please. Thanks.

I want to hear about the DNA results and I'll go on and on and on until something is reported.
Where are the good investigative journalists when you need them?
Responsible investigative journalists know when not to jeopardise an enquiry. We do have the other sort too, unfortunately.

My thoughts have been GR from Day one, but there are things that still bother me.
1. Is his alibi that strong that he cant have actually done it??
2. His half brother must be lying about the time he got there if he was to kill JY get rid of her body and still get to Sheffield for midnight.

However I feel more facts point to him being the perp

Lack of contact over the weekend
Four hours on the Sunday and not trying to call Jo in that time
the lack of DNA/Forensics from a stranger
Access to the flat
The fact that it is still assumed it was definately someone known to JY and someone who she was comfortable with.
The vanishing footage of GR tearful appeal - I have searched for this extensively
His strange behaviour since

My second choice was MW but not much evidence towards him and I now find it interesting that the brother id coming into the threads

All JMO - Hope they make an arrest soon

The very fact their asking for possible scenarios ....

Could you show me where this was said, please. Thanks.

Well the most recent statement from Teresa and David Yeates (see the A&SC website) included the statement; "We spend much of our time - as I imagine most of the country does - thinking of scenarios which took Jo, alive in her flat, to being found dead by the side of a country lane. These scenarios change as events unfold, and new facts are made available." They went on to say that "As mentioned above, scenarios abound regarding Jo. Has someone tried to impress on you a scenario which has been inconsistent with the information released by the police at that time - and refused to change it?"

I wouldn't interpret this as a request for possible scenarios, rather it's a request for people to pass on the names of people who have been persistently putting forward theories that are inconsistent with the evidence. On the basis, no doubt, that the individual concerned may be the killer. At which point it might be worth noting that perhaps people should be careful about what theories they advance on public forums such as Websleuths lest they too become suspects.

In the black plastic bag she had her work shoes.
Can anyone provide a link to this information, please?

So, if it was her work shoes in the black bag, did she make no purchase in Waitrose? And if not, how did the police know she had called there, so early in the enquiry?

That's how I understood it too, Aneurin. I did think at the time that the appeal was perhaps a bit too wordy, and that there was too much for people to take in. It's always better imo to read these things carefully, but many will only have heard it on the news.

So, if it was her work shoes in the black bag, did she make no purchase in Waitrose? And if not, how did the police know she had called there, so early in the enquiry?

Here's a guess .... she bought a small Waitrose-branded product, such as a bar of chocolate, which she put into the bag she was already carrying, with or without the receipt.

In some shots there seem to be glimpses of a white bag too, though - could it be a Waitrose carrier bag? They are predominantly white with light green lettering.

Means. Yes, but no more so than millions over others given the COD.
Motive. People may well have speculated about what the motive might have been, but no motive has been established.
Opportunity. Without specific information regarding the TOD and the evidence supporting GR's whereabouts that weekend it would be impossible to say one way or another.

So means is established.
Motive - we know, based on information available and not contested, that Joanna was prepared to meet another man while GR was away. A man she had not seen for 18 months, we are led to believe. We don't know the history between the two of them, but - regardless - would GR have been happy to discover Jo was willing to do this? We can only speculate but I would suggest the majority of men would be unhappy with this scenario.
Opportunity - we have to say yes because we don't know for sure otherwise. We have not been told officially of GR's exact movements on Friday or for the rest of the weekend..until about 8pmish on Sunday. We do know he made it to Sheffield from corroborated sources but apart from that we know nothing of his exact movements.
Again police will not declare GR a suspect until they have evidence or suspicion enough to arrest/and or charge him. To declare him a suspect without sufficient evidence would be a ridiculous way to operate.
I am currently trying to ascertain what has happened to the TV footage of his first interview/press conference through some media contacts I have.

She carried a small black rucksack on her back and a black plastic bag thought to have contained a pair of work shoes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3359223/Jo-Yeates-didnt-eat-her-pizza.html

She also had a black rucksack and was carrying two plastic bags - including a white bag, which held the bottles of cider she bought previously at Bargain Booze, and a black bag of which the contents have not been revealed, but which police say are not significant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8268205/Joanna-Yeates-did-not-eat-pizza-she-bought.html

I am now leaning towards the theory that GR came back to the flat unexpectantly for any number of legitimate reasons.
Maybe he thought twice about doing the trip to Sheffield at night in poor weather. He was going for two days, maybe he forgot something he would need whilst away. He was driving so didn't stop to use his mobile to inform Jo of his return.
Jo had by this stage returned home from shopping and had opened the cider with the pizza cooking in the oven.

Perhaps the out of the blue text from MW sent GR ballistic. He had to move fast now. A potential suitor could be calling to Canynge Rd at any time that night. This might not even be true in reality, MW could be just a friend to Jo, but it is GR's perception of the scenario that is key.

The body is left where it lay and he disposes of the half cooked pizza and box to high tail it to Sheffield on the Friday night.

Here's a guess .... she bought a small Waitrose-branded product, such as a bar of chocolate, which she put into the bag she was already carrying, with or without the receipt.

In some shots there seem to be glimpses of a white bag too, though - could it be a Waitrose carrier bag? They are predominantly white with light green lettering.
I believe the white bag contains the bottles of cider from Bargainbooze.

For anyone living outside the UK I would assume it would be possible to view Crimewatch coverage on BBC iplayer if you were to use a UK proxy service to access it.

She went there directly from the pub. She may well have told a colleague in the pub that was what she was doing.

I did read back in the day that "she stopped at a Waitrose store, but did not buy anything".

"During the one-mile walk home from the pub she stopped at a Waitrose store, but did not buy anything, and then went into a Tesco Express store in Regent Street, Clifton."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ts-lay-flowers-near-where-body-was-found.html

"8.10pm: Yeates was caught on CCTV popping into a Waitrose supermarket in the Clifton Triangle."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/30/joanna-yeates-disappearance-murder-timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966