GUILTY UK - Jodi Jones, 14, Dalkeith, Scotland, 30 June 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If any one is interested in this channel 5 have a documentary running this week on wed & thu at 9 called Murder in a small town.

It seems the ex police sergeant and forensic scientist who are examining this case believe Luke is innocent and believe more evidence points to other suspects.

Wow. Just saw the first part tonight.

How on earth did a jury convict this Luke Mitchell?

The person the two investigators have raised tonight sounds a far more likely suspect. Although now dead. Await some answers in the second part.

Thank you. That's a name I hadn't heard before. I knew about the lad who said he went for a wank in the woods.

From memory, there was allegedly DNA found on Jodi from a person closely connected to a member of her family, but it was never pursued. I haven't read up on this case for a while though, so I may not have the details straight.

Yeah you are right - it was Jodi's sisters boyfriend's blood that was found on the t-shirt Jodi was wearing. Although it was her sisters t-shirt that she borrowed.

Yeah you are right - it was Jodi's sisters boyfriend's blood that was found on the t-shirt Jodi was wearing. Although it was her sisters t-shirt that she borrowed.
So they said, yes. I thought it was semen, not blood.

Glad to see there's a thread about this case (saw a mention on another thread which reminded me to look), I haven't had a chance to watch part 1 yet, so I'll be interested to see what it (and part 2) says; my knowledge of this case is limited so I've always wondered what evidence they actually had against LM (other than his musical preferences :rolleyes:) which was so compelling as to get him convicted... I'm guessing from reactions above that the answer is probably "not much", but maybe it'll help fill in some gaps. On the face of it it's long seemed like a case of "blame the weirdish boyfriend", which is not an attitude I'm at all comfortable with.

Glad to see there's a thread about this case (saw a mention on another thread which reminded me to look), I haven't had a chance to watch part 1 yet, so I'll be interested to see what it (and part 2) says; my knowledge of this case is limited so I've always wondered what evidence they actually had against LM (other than his musical preferences :rolleyes:) which was so compelling as to get him convicted... I'm guessing from reactions above that the answer is probably "not much", but maybe it'll help fill in some gaps. On the face of it it's long seemed like a case of "blame the weirdish boyfriend", which is not an attitude I'm at all comfortable with.

There seemed little, if any evidence; nothing to physically link him as being there.

The two episodes are repeated on 5Star on Sunday from 9pm.

They said it was blood on shirt. Fresh semen found in a condom nearby body, DNA not belonging to either LM or the sister's bf.

Well I watched the first part of the programme lastnight and I am shocked to discover that they have no DNA linking Luke to the murder. All circumstantial, sketchy eye witnesses accounts.

Mind boggling.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69