Found Deceased UK - John Dick, 37, missing Marine, Bury St Edmunds, 30 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, John was a loving family man,but he is not the first to walk away from such a situation.

I was having a look at what qualifies as a M P or wanted. John is no longer listed as M.P. Suffolk police. It depends on the level of risk to the person and the nature of the crime. Someone deemed a high degree of risk and may of commited a petty crime will be treated as M.P. John is seen as low risk to himself and is wanted for quite a serious offence (first time stabbing no death possibly 10 years prison), so this is now wanted. This will mean less public appeals and more behind the scenes work from the police to help locate John.

By the way his wife and family talks about him he's a loving father, son, brother and husband. How long could he keep a new life going as it must be killing him knowing he is upsetting everyone so much, especially his children. Running away is going to go against him too if he does ever get caught. Unless he has been in contact and they are keeping up the facade to protect him
Yes I wondered if they have heard from him and are keeping up the facade to protect him and also if John felt his family needed protection it is better for them not to know where he is

Yes I wondered if they have heard from him and are keeping up the facade to protect him and also if John felt his family needed protection it is better for them not to know where he is
His wife has made an updated appeal today on Facebook

The wife's sister had been fairly active in sharing missing appeals for him, but appears to have now deleted them all.
Seems an odd choice as one had over 100,000 shares.

Wow, I find this fascinating; it sounds like a spy novel or something. I know it has to be heartbreaking. I had a relative who lived in Bury St. Edmunds for a short time and I went to visit for several weeks. It was to me very quaint and I loved the walled gardens and riding bikes to the bakery. So very different from here in the US. It is a bit scary that two military men go missing from such a small town; but I guess being a military area it statistically makes sense.

Wow, I find this fascinating; it sounds like a spy novel or something. I know it has to be heartbreaking. I had a relative who lived in Bury St. Edmunds for a short time and I went to visit for several weeks. It was to me very quaint and I loved the walled gardens and riding bikes to the bakery. So very different from here in the US. It is a bit scary that two military men go missing from such a small town; but I guess being a military area it statistically makes sense.

I can guarantee you this case has absolutely nothing to do with Corrie McKeague's disappearance - that's just the UK media clutching at straws trying to make a connection. Pure clickbait.

On his wife's post someone has shared Norfolk police wanted appeal. This has gathered a few comments the latest someone saying John must think he is in a lot of trouble to be hiding.
A friend of John has replied:

"that's sheer speculation, the police feel he is a victim in all this but with him not been here to answer questions they have to follow protocol with only one side of the story.. hopefully the truth comes out once he is home as right now a great man is missing from his family while the people that caused this are sat with their feet up"

On his wife's post someone has shared Norfolk police wanted appeal. This has gathered a few comments the latest someone saying John must think he is in a lot of trouble to be hiding.
A friend of John has replied:

"that's sheer speculation, the police feel he is a victim in all this but with him not been here to answer questions they have to follow protocol with only one side of the story.. hopefully the truth comes out once he is home as right now a great man is missing from his family while the people that caused this are sat with their feet up"
So it seems friends and family know who else was involved in why he disappeared...it's all very intriguing and I wish I could find out more but I just can't find anything. I can't find any news reports of the actual stabbing just the recent stuff about john being wanted for it!

So it seems friends and family know who else was involved in why he disappeared...it's all very intriguing and I wish I could find out more but I just can't find anything. I can't find any news reports of the actual stabbing just the recent stuff about john being wanted for it!
Yes I would say they definitely know more on why he has disappeared and the alleged assault.
I presume he and his family were in hiding maybe, hence why they were in Norfolk before his disparence. Early posts suggest the wife was with him but return home without his knowledge. It is all very intriguing!

Im enjoying the renewed interest in John, its so intriguging. Also of interest is the post under the family friend who is an ex royal and he can smell something isnt right. Im with this guy in my views.
I sensed from the start the lack of interest in the police in trying to find John. Theres clues everywhere for this. They told the family quite soon after they were no longer looking for John. The 30 delay to get the CCTV (So it couldnt be overiden), also makes it difficult to get futher CCTV a month later. Is it really neccessary for Sufolk police to take down Johns missing poster down, and maybe fb posts down? I know he is wanted, but there still is a family there that want to know where John is.
If you look at the early missing person posts they do mention about a threat to Johns family which the family sort of backtracked on.

I've been following this since he first went missing and I agree with you. Something odd about it all.
I certainly sense John was fearful for his and maybe his family's life, but as you say this is no longer mentioned now.
The fact his wife has liked the comment about it not snelling right makes me wonder, do they think his disappearance may not be voluntary?
The police could definitely have done more sooner they possibly didn't take it serious he was missing and thought he was just in hiding as it happend soon after the arrest?

Yes I would say they definitely know more on why he has disappeared and the alleged assault.
I presume he and his family were in hiding maybe, hence why they were in Norfolk before his disparence. Early posts suggest the wife was with him but return home without his knowledge. It is all very intriguing!
Yes I agree...there was mention about his wife's car being taken but then it was found a short while later. I think it was John who took it but I can't remember where it was found. I agree with his friend that something smells off with the whole thing.. hopefully more will come out over the next short while

Yes I agree...there was mention about his wife's car being taken but then it was found a short while later. I think it was John who took it but I can't remember where it was found.

I don't believe they ever said where it was found, but they seemed sure it was in their hometown Stevenage when looking for it.

I don't believe they ever said where it was found, but they seemed sure it was in their hometown Stevenage when looking for it.

Think it was found in Stevenage, near a Sainsbury’s. I also think it was quite a while after John disappeared (maybe a week) that they found the car despite it having nothing to do with the disappearance. Iv wondered whether its a possibility John used the car to travel from Norfolk to Stevenage.
On the Wife Fb thread, it seams some comments about the alleged assault have been deleted including posts liked by the family.

Think it was found in Stevenage, near a Sainsbury’s. I also think it was quite a while after John disappeared (maybe a week) that they found the car despite it having nothing to do with the disappearance. Iv wondered whether its a possibility John used the car to travel from Norfolk to Stevenage.
On the Wife Fb thread, it seams some comments about the alleged assault have been deleted including posts liked by the family.
Yes I noticed that things have been removed. They obviously didn't really want the assault part coming out. I wonder if he will ever return home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back