Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between being detained or arrested in Scotland

Police have detained Alexander Pacteau, 21, in connection with the disappearance of student Karen Buckley

Under Scottish law, when police believe that someone has committed a crime, they can detain that person in custody for up to twelve hours.

This may, in certain circumstances, be extended by a further twelve hours.

At the end of the respective period the police must release the suspect unless they believe they have sufficient evidence to arrest them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/karen-buckley-missing-live-updates-5521618

Ah yes, forgot they have different laws. So 24hrs then.

But at 24, she is an adult, not a teen or young girl. Surely she has her own life now. Jmo

Im 29, "have my own life" and live abroad also-I believe it can make parents more anxious as my mother starts to freak out if she msgs or calls and I dont reply immediately. Her reply is always "You're still my wee girl and ill be the same way when you're 40" Its not about age

So do people think whatever happened to her was intentional or an accident & he covered it up? Haven't had time to catch up yet. Will do so soon. X

Jane Chilton @JaneChiltonSky · 9m 9 minutes ago
Emergency planning section &incident support vehicle arrive at High Craigton Farm #KarenBuckley #missingstudent

CCpyUIvW4AAI7GR.jpg

CCpykYBWYAQ6bmo.jpg

Jane Chilton @JaneChiltonSky · 7m 7 minutes ago
Five police vehicles have just arrived at High Craigton Farm. Police have searched outbuildings. #KarenBuckley #missingstudent #FindKaren

Jane Chilton @JaneChiltonSky · 6m 6 minutes ago
Police scrambling bikes also arriving at scene. #KarenBuckley #FindKaren #missingstudent

https://twitter.com/JaneChiltonSky

You're gonna need a link for that pic Alyce, just so you know

Im 29, "have my own life" and live abroad also-I believe it can make parents more anxious as my mother starts to freak out if she msgs or calls and I dont reply immediately. Her reply is always "You're still my wee girl and ill be the same way when you're 40" Its not about age

Yep, I'm 35 and live in a different country to my mum and speak to her everyday one way or another to touch base.

Thanks Skibs, have deleted it as cant find the link - have read too many posts on Twitter !

You could try a reverse image look up on google? Might find the source.. maybe his FB?

Even though I think that is true, no other mention of a body being found that I have seen, yet :(

Me neither but I suspect the only thing authorised for release is that they are "following a definite line of enquiry"

Exactly what I think to. I think she turned down his advances. Poor girl.

Me too. Him admitting to what he "thought was consensual sex" was a huge red flag to me. Just made me think he was getting an explanation ready to explain his dna on her. That and his story of her leaving at 4.00am in high heels to walk a few miles home.

So angry right now. She had every thing to live for and I think we all know how this is going to end.

Scott Holdaway ‏@holdaways · 3 mins3 minutes ago
Police winding up operation at Dawsholm Park. Focus has shifted to Milngavie. #findkaren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck