GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So at 19, according to his Bebo page, he hated "junkies". Will see how that pans out.

When did he have the car crash? And when did he get done for counterfeit notes?

A lot has happened in his 3 years of adult life.

Im a glasgow girl, many a time have I wandered about drunk on my own. Poor lass. I know a neighbour of this man, the police have been searching gardens for days

So at 19, according to his Bebo page, he hated "junkies". Will see how that pans out.

When did he have the car crash? And when did he get done for counterfeit notes?

A lot has happened in his 3 years of adult life.

in November 2011 Pacteau was involved in a serious car crash and was put in an induced coma for three to four weeks and suffered a broken hip and ribs. The court was told he could not walk for six months and was on crutches for a year afterwards

The 20-year-old pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to printing £20 Royal Bank of Scotland notes that were intended to be passed off as genuine on March 1, 2014.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/275...to-alexander-pacteau-printing-fake-banknotes/

It came after a body was discovered on farmland four days after the 24-year-old disappeared from a Glasgow nightclub.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/57...tudent-Glasgow-man-arrested-Alexander-Pacteau

Also in that article:

"The grim discovery was made around 5pm in the Stirlingshire countryside after the search had switched from a park in the city's West End to a site several miles away. The scene, High Craigton Farm, is just a short distance from the home of the mother of Pacteau"

Pacteau, who was in a coma for weeks and unable to walk for six months after a car accident, was too embarrassed to tell his family that he was on disability benefits. The court heard he resorted to printing fake banknotes after running out of money.

If he is charged, I wonder if that is his defence argument, right there.

Also in that article:

"The grim discovery was made around 5pm in the Stirlingshire countryside after the search had switched from a park in the city's West End to a site several miles away. The scene, High Craigton Farm, is just a short distance from the home of the mother of Pacteau"

It also says "Last night, a Police Scotland spokesman said: "A 21-year-old man has been detained in connection with Karen Buckley's disappearance"

I suspect they are preparing this for tomorrow and shouldn't have printed it yet

It also says "Last night, a Police Scotland spokesman said: "A 21-year-old man has been detained in connection with Karen Buckley's disappearance"

I suspect they are preparing this for tomorrow and shouldn't have printed it yet

I spotted that too and wondered the same, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else yet. I have mentioned before it wouldn't be released publicly until all the family are told - and it could be that her brother/s are still on their way back from Australia.

I spotted that too and wondered the same, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else yet. I have mentioned before it wouldn't be released publicly until all the family are told - and it could be that her brother/s are still on their way back from Australia.

It's actually pretty disgusting, IMO and should be taken down immediately. Do news outlets not proof-read anything anymore? :gaah:

So they've found a body? That's awful news, her poor family will be in bits.

I think the body report is likely to be true. Once they have clear evidence of a murder they have enough to detain someone. I said yesterday that some evidence would be up past Milngavie but I didn't want to write the body as I thought it would be insensitive.

Georgie Keate ‏@georgiekeate 3m3 minutes ago (Reporter for the Times in Scotland)
Two fire engines and several fire and rescue lorries have now arrived at High Craigton farm #KarenBuckley

I've left west end bars/flats during the night, and dare I say scampered out of a bed during the night and happily gone on my way, my flat is a few miles from there and Id walk it... Glasgow has a pretty good network of 24 hour buses, great western road in particular, which would stop very close to her house

My thoughts none of this proven, just me speaking my thoughts out loud. I don't think he was at the club to party. He takes his car to go clubbing? No way! I think he makes money in clubs by selling drugs. Karen knows that he sells stuff and says to her friends "I'm off to the toilet" but is really looking to buy something. Or maybe she was on her way to the toilet and they get chatting, he's already made enough money for the night, so he asks her back to his place. They decide to hook up, they go back to his flat. Then he's killed her and dumped her body.

Oh and I would never walk alone through Maryhill alone at 4am.

Me too. Him admitting to what he "thought was consensual sex" was a huge red flag to me. Just made me think he was getting an explanation ready to explain his dna on her. That and his story of her leaving at 4.00am in high heels to walk a few miles home.

So angry right now. She had every thing to live for and I think we all know how this is going to end.

I totally agree. As soon as I read that I knew he was explaining why his DNA would be found and why an autopsy would show she had recently had sex. I do not believe it was consensual and I think the police have the same suspicion that he raped her.

I just couldn't say it because we can't accuse people who police haven't named as suspects. Now that he has been detained it is clear that the police think he killed her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop