GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No rape charge in any reports, was she just strangled in the park or is it possible that they cant bring rape charges over the body being covered in corrosive substances therefore not being able to find DNA?

He said he believed they had had "consensual sex" at his flat - if they can prove that her murdered her, and did those awful things to her body, then hopefully they can use that 'confession' to add charges of that nature.

As I doubt anyone would believe that a man would murder a lady after consensual sex, as opposed to rape or sexual assault.

I think police will likely be looking into his past with regard to possible other offences of this nature - perhaps other people might come forward to report things?

I don't believe Karen willingly had sex with him. But even if she did, I wouldn't think any different of her.

She seems like she was a lovely young lady, who was intelligent, hard working and made a huge difference to the people she met. She deserved to live her life in what ever way she wanted and I think this is one of the most awful cases I have read about. Absolutely shocking to go from excitedly getting ready for a night out with friends, to ending up as she did at the hands of a complete lowlife, a total loser who would never have achieved the things that she did.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is who was AP at the club with, was he on his own or did he enter the club with friends? A 21 year old going to a club on his own and parking his car around the corner seems a bit odd to me.

The police said that they were keen to track two men and they had found them and were no longer looking for them. Clearly AP was one. I initially thought the other may have been his flatmate but I guess it could have been someone he went to the club with. Anyway, whoever it was seems to be in the clear.

You mean that he doesn't look appealing to you. I'll be honest and say that the vast majority of men don't look appealing to me! But they clearly are attractive to their wives/girlfriends (or were once!)

You really can't tell much from a single photograph, some people are just not photogenic, and some people's attractiveness and charm lies in their manner and personality rather than their looks. I'm not saying that AP is an attractive individual in any sense, but we really should not make such assumptions.
You are completely right. I am projecting his alleged crime on to his face. It colors my thoughts.

Just wanted to say so what if Karen wanted a one night stand, people are saying she wasn't that sort of girl etc so what if a girl has one night stands! It doesn't make a womans murder more justified It's not people on here just comments on FB .
Her friends said she wasn't a drinking type only had 1-2 drinks, didn't touch drugs and wasn't a one night stand sort of girl, if something happened to me on a night out my friends wouldn't say anything that could be viewed negatively to the press. I'm 22 and before i met my fiance I had been known to drink, party and wander off ( had a couple of one night stands too one with a proper minger!!) this was me privately no one knows about it apart from trusted friends and if my family found out about i'd be mortified . I don't understand why Karen would have gone off with AP, maybe she lost her friends in the packed club, got chatting to AP he agreed to help her look for her mates, go to another bar, maybe he showed a charming side? IDK but AP could have put on a charming & friendly act.

IMO I think karen walked with AP, AP suggested going to his flat to pick something up, he tried it on karen turned him down/changed her mind he got really angry raped karen, hit her and strangled her then dumped her body.
You may be right! Perhaps her friends are protecting her reputation for her families sake. It really makes no difference whether she drank, smoked, or participated in casual affairs. She is a grown woman. It doesn't detract from a woman's worth, doing these things, it just makes her more human. Its her private life. She still didn't deserve her fate at all. And I understand if her friends fall over backwards to protect her good name

Hey guys! Signed up because I have been interested in what happened to poor Karen from day one. I'm wondering if perhaps they met on tinder? I'm a bit younger than her myself but I know plenty of people meeting on this app, and clubs especially in student cities being considered a safe way to do so. It would explain why her friends might have been unaware.

Hey guys! Signed up because I have been interested in what happened to poor Karen from day one. I'm wondering if perhaps they met on tinder? I'm a bit younger than her myself but I know plenty of people meeting on this app, and clubs especially in student cities being considered a safe way to do so. It would explain why her friends might have been unaware.

Welcome to websleuths Kittie and thank you for your posts. Yeah what you suggested is a possibility but I would have thought she might have shared it with her girl friends like "what do you think of this guy yes or no?" kind of thing. I don't know would you just meet a guy on tinder and just leave right away with him without telling her friends where you were going or at the very least get your jacket?

Maybe Karen intended to text her friends and say look I've met a guy can you get my jacket and I will see you whenever but never got the chance to. I think the question of why she left might be left unanswered till the trial or sadly we might never know.

I don't judge anyone for having one night stands but please be careful and let someone know where you are going. I've seen too many tragic cases on here with this happening.

That is why the picture of the knife chilled me such much, if stabbing wasn't the cause of death then it seriously disturbs me to think of what the knife may have been used for after death. However that river is used by fisherman a poster has said so its possible the knife pulled from the river may not be connected to this horrific atrocity.

Why did the police diving at all? There must be a reason to this. If they found a knife, I think they had been searching exactly for such object. IMO

Why did the police diving at all? There must be a reason to this. If they found a knife, I think they had been searching exactly for such object. IMO
They were covering all bases. The canal is so near his house it would be stupid not to search it.

And they probably knew from phone records that he drove from Dawsholm park to his house and the canal is on the way so they thought he may have stopped and chucked something in it.

What is the story with the different surname on that FB profile, also the picture on that FB may be from a few years ago as he seems a lot lighter weight than the more recent picture. Surprised the FB account is not taken down and also that the account still has 300 friends considering what he allegedly done. I was wondering earlier is there an ATM anywhere near the club, maybe AP was chatting to her and she said she had to go to the ATM and he said ok ill walk you to it. Then he seized on the opportunity that presented itself and attacked.

A lot of commentary about Karen and the one nite stand suggestion, we should remember this has only been suggested by the accused and is totally unsubstantiated. I don't believe she had any one night stand with him, I don' think anything that happened after they left the club was consensual. I think the accused spun this line because in his warped world it may seem like she was the author of her own downfall. Even if she had a one night stand it in no way would take away from the disgusting and repulsive atrocity that was committed. It is the act of a monster that haunts many people who never had the pleasure of knowing Karen.

As for one night stands what young man or women can say they never took risks or went places that they shouldn't have when they were in their 20s and out on the town. My opinion is if they had consensual sex why the rage and the horrific attack, it has all the signs of an attack by a bully and a pathetic loser who could not handle been rejected by a woman who was out of his league. I believe firmly from what Ive heard that Karen wasn't this kind of a girl and an unsubstantiated claim from the monster who allegedly carried out this appalling atrocity is not going to change that view.

What is the story with the different surname on that FB profile, also the picture on that FB may be from a few years ago as he seems a lot lighter weight than the more recent picture. Surprised the FB account is not taken down and also that the account still has 300 friends considering what he allegedly done. <snipped>

I think he's probably using a different surname (it's his grandmas maiden name) to escape the fact he has a conviction for counterfeiting, and who knows what else. Pacteau is an unusual name, some people don't like/want to be too "findable". And he had 337 friends when I first looked so he has lost a few. It's possible some of those remaining may not have put 2+2 together and realised, they may not know of the case if they're not local, or not recognise the name and photos of him, or simply not believe he could have done anything wrong.

I wouldn't be too happy if I was one of the friends with him on his profile pic!

I think he's probably using a different surname (it's his grandmas maiden name) to escape the fact he has a conviction for counterfeiting, and who knows what else. Pacteau is an unusual name, some people don't like/want to be too "findable". And he had 337 friends when I first looked so he has lost a few. It's possible some of those remaining may not have put 2+2 together and realised, they may not know of the case if they're not local, or not recognise the name and photos of him, or simply not believe he could have done anything wrong.

I wouldn't be too happy if I was one of the friends with him on his profile pic!

Very true did he also have a profile under the Pacteau name?

Not sure, but if you look at the URL link for his profile it has that name in it.

Yeah it does suggesting he originally signed up to FB under the Pacteau name and changed it along the way. Also was another link to another FB yesterday that had been taken down

I was wondering earlier is there an ATM anywhere near the club, maybe AP was chatting to her and she said she had to go to the ATM and he said ok ill walk you to it. Then he seized on the opportunity that presented itself and attacked.
The club takes card payments so she'd have no need to go out to get money to buy drinks. Even if it didn't take cards it still wouldn't explain why she didn't tell her friends where she was going.

On Sanctuarys website there is a long video about the club, at 2.53 it shows the cctv they have and there are 16 cameras so AP's behaviour in the club will be easy for the police to view. The video does also give you an idea of the layout of the club. Turn the sound down as it automatically plays music when you load the website! http://www.thesanctuaryglasgow.com/

Maybe I'm a terrible person but if I had someone like that on my friends list I'd keep them out of sheer nosey-ness.
I have a couple of facebook friends that were really annoying in highschool and their lives are a bit of a car crash that I can't help but watch unfold

I think it is at least possible she went with him willingly, maybe he managed to interest/engage her (Ted Bundy did, after all, many times) but either refused sex or changed her mind very quickly about being with him at all. And then he turned violent, either for being rejected or fear of being accused of rape. I don't think he went out intending to murder, but to get a woman to go home with him. And then he badly tried to destroy evidence, etc.
Jmo

Maybe I'm a terrible person but if I had someone like that on my friends list I'd keep them out of sheer nosey-ness.
I have a couple of facebook friends that were really annoying in highschool and their lives are a bit of a car crash that I can't help but watch unfold

I have people like that on my FB but a big difference between that and someone who allegedly carried out such a horrific act. I couldnt look at the profile pic.

The club takes card payments so she'd have no need to go out to get money to buy drinks. Even if it didn't take cards it still wouldn't explain why she didn't tell her friends where she was going.

On Sanctuarys website there is a long video about the club, at 2.53 it shows the cctv they have and there are 16 cameras so AP's behaviour in the club will be easy for the police to view. The video does also give you an idea of the layout of the club. Turn the sound down as it automatically plays music when you load the website! http://www.thesanctuaryglasgow.com/

Thanks for that, interesting, Police will be able for sure to see the way AP was behaving in and around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop