GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a story about his mum being absolutely devastated by what he has done. Often the murderers family are entirely forgotten and they must be suffering too. It's a terrible tragedy for Karen's family and friends and everyone else linked to it.

"The mum of twisted killer Alexander Pacteau said her family are shattered by his sickening crime.

Shocked Noreen Dow said the family were “devastated” by the brute’s vicious slaying of Irish student Karen Buckley.

And friends say that Noreen had not slept in 48 hours in the lead-up to Pacteau’s appearance at court."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-murder-mum-twisted-6242393

There is a story about his mum being absolutely devastated by what he has done. Often the murderers family are entirely forgotten and they must be suffering too.

Yes, I have thought of her almost from the start. She clearly trusted the police when they stated that her son was not a suspect.
One can see why they took that approach, but it was a cruel deception of his family.

It all seems out of place, Karen was a well travelled and a sensible girl, Pacteau said he was "extremely intoxicated" on the night he Murdered Karen. If this is true then it seems very odd that a sensible girl would get into a car with a drunk stranger at the wheel.

That is of course if Pacteau was drunk at all, he has lied about everything so far, so no reason to believe that he is telling the truth in this instance. Even now he is more than likely still telling lies about being intoxicated on that night.

I agree. It is likely yet another of his lies, the * I was drunk, cant remember everything * line ....

Pacteau is getting special protection in prison after “A number of threats have been levelled against Pacteau from other inmates,” a source told the paper. I don't know which would be better this monster getting a whole life sentence or another inmate taking him out. However this cowardly animal doesnt deserve any protection.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ection-in-tough-scotland-prison-31446653.html

I also cant really decide which would be preferable.... I hate the amount of money/resources that will be used up to keep this piece of ***** alive ........but on the other hand, if he spends the remainder of his days in fear for his life, never knowing at what moment an attack might come, then it might actually be a punishment far worse than a quick killing.

I also cant really decide which would be preferable.... I hate the amount of money/resources that will be used up to keep this piece of ***** alive ........but on the other hand, if he spends the remainder of his days in fear for his life, never knowing at what moment an attack might come, then it might actually be a punishment far worse than a quick killing.

Yes I hope that he spends the rest of his days in prison fearing attacks and never knowing when they might come. I also hope the prison staff are hard of hearing and don't have the best eye sight when it comes to his fellow prisoners dealing out their own justice.

I know people shouldn't really advocate violence, but having read what he did to poor Karen after killing her, and her parents saying they were denied even saying goodbye to her in death, then I would happily turn a blind eye to any retribution in his case. I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life in fear and pain. I'd be happy for my taxes to pay for that.

Yes I hope that he spends the rest of his days in prison fearing attacks and never knowing when they might come. I also hope the prison staff are hard of hearing and don't have the best eye sight when it comes to his fellow prisoners dealing out their own justice.

I know people shouldn't really advocate violence, but having read what he did to poor Karen after killing her, and her parents saying they were denied even saying goodbye to her in death, then I would happily turn a blind eye to any retribution in his case. I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life in fear and pain. I'd be happy for my taxes to pay for that.

I hope he gets terrible beatings on a daily basis and lives in fear for the rest of his life. Such a cruel world a bright light like Karen gone and this sub human creature and complete loser alive in the world. What a waste he should be put down like the filth he is.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-their-body-in-a-barrel-of-acid-31448418.html

When Police made a public appeal a month or two ago to trace a woman who could help the investigation many people wondered had she been another potential victim or had an encounter with Pacteau. They circulated CCTV images of the woman in the media and she was traced. It not appears they were investigating the possibility that she had been stalked by Pacteau.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/karens-killer-stalked-other-women-before-murder

When Police made a public appeal a month or two ago to trace a woman who could help the investigation many people wondered had she been another potential victim or had an encounter with Pacteau. They circulated CCTV images of the woman in the media and she was traced. It not appears they were investigating the possibility that she had been stalked by Pacteau.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/karens-killer-stalked-other-women-before-murder
Definitely does look like he knew exactly what he was planning to do that night. To think if he hadn't been caught there's no doubt in my mind he would've attempted to do it again as he clearly thought he could get away with Karen's murder after (allegedly) getting away with the attempted rape.

Definitely does look like he knew exactly what he was planning to do that night. To think if he hadn't been caught there's no doubt in my mind he would've attempted to do it again as he clearly thought he could get away with Karen's murder after (allegedly) getting away with the attempted rape.

I have to agree the alleged sex attack had a lot of similarities to Karens case. He approached a young woman offered to walk with her to catch a cab. This guy had to potential to be a serial killer but apart from being a sub human creature he is also a complete loser and dumb. The Police nailed him at every step, meaning he had no option but to plead guilty. I just keep thinking if he was nailed for the sex assault charge would Karen now be alive. After reading up on that case I can not understand how he slipped out of that charge.

I have to agree the alleged sex attack had a lot of similarities to Karens case. He approached a young woman offered to walk with her to catch a cab. This guy had to potential to be a serial killer but apart from being a sub human creature he is also a complete loser and dumb. The Police nailed him at every step, meaning he had no option but to plead guilty. I just keep thinking if he was nailed for the sex assault charge would Karen now be alive. After reading up on that case I can not understand how he slipped out of that charge.

It seems the girl he attempted to rape was drunk, she accepted his offer to walk her home, and unfortunately both those things would have made many jurors doubt her word. Also bear in mind, this guy is a well spoken, privately educated young man who was very articulate on the witness stand. He told the court under oath that he was gay, that he would never attack a woman, that she attacked him and he was only struggling with her to restrain her.

The jury bought it, just as I'm sure many juries would have, pathological liars can be very convincing. Those jurors will probably never sleep easy again, now that they know he went on to kill his next victim.

As for Pacteau, he's clearly extremely dangerous, and I hope he never sees the light of day again.

It seems the girl he attempted to rape was drunk, she accepted his offer to walk her home, and unfortunately both those things would have made many jurors doubt her word. Also bear in mind, this guy is a well spoken, privately educated young man who was very articulate on the witness stand. He told the court under oath that he was gay, that he would never attack a woman, that she attacked him and he was only struggling with her to restrain her.

The jury bought it, just as I'm sure many juries would have, pathological liars can be very convincing. Those jurors will probably never sleep easy again, now that they know he went on to kill his next victim.

As for Pacteau, he's clearly extremely dangerous, and I hope he never sees the light of day again.

The only thing that would come near Justice in this case would be for Karens three Brothers and Father to be left into a room with Pacteau for 15 minutes.

The only thing that would come near Justice in this case would be for Karens three Brothers and Father to be left into a room with Pacteau for 15 minutes.

And you as well I think, Irishguy!

The lady in the sexual assault case tells of her ordeal and how a kind stranger suddenenly changed when she had to go to the bank machine when he attacked. She wrote letters to the Scottish Minister for Justice saying this man was a risk to the public. These extracts are from the link below

"When he was found not guilty my heart broke and I just didn't know how to recover."I had a horrible feeling I wouldn't be the last person that he hurt. And every day since that day this thought has tortured me."The woman felt so strongly that Pacteau posed a significant threat to women that she wrote after her trial to the then Scottish Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill with a warning.
"After the verdict, my world fell apart and I can’t describe the agony of not being believed," she said. "In desperation, I wrote a letter explaining why I knew he was a danger to others, which I sent to the Justice Secretary.

"In my last paragraph this is what I wrote: 'Please help me stop him from doing this or worse to another woman or girl. I dread to think what he may be capable of doing to others in the future. I cannot sit back and do nothing'.

"Reading this letter now makes me feel sick as my nightmare has come true."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-the-hands-of-alexander-pacteau-31453459.html

Excellent, the kids are back to school tomorrow so I will watch with a nice uninterrupted cuppa.

Excellent, the kids are back to school tomorrow so I will watch with a nice uninterrupted cuppa.

Am I translating it badly or it will not be live but yes recorded to pass later? Will you enlighten me please and tell me when can I view it in Sky News from Portugal? Thank you.

Beesknees I think it's being recorded by sky to be broadcast on other channels later

It appears that SKY have been selected to record the sentencing on the basis that they will have to share the recording with other news services. Would expect SKY to be editing it on the fly so that they can start using footage themselves immediately after the court session concludes. Other news services are likely to be given an unedited full copy of the proceedings which will take them time to edit down to a broadcast package. Given that SKY could have several hours advantage over the other news agencies I would expect they will be pushing the hell out of this story until the others catch up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you enery12 and Wallace :)

Another question - tomorrow it will be the reading of the sentencing, I mean to begin and finish tomorrow or is it

the begin of a trial and will last more?

As for the broacast, I use to watch Sky News here in Portugal, but it is the only uk news channel that I have...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back