GUILTY UK - Katie Kenyon, 33, may have left w/man in car, Burnley, 22 Apr 2022 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
10:12

Third day of trial begins​

Burfield has returned to court for the third day of the trial into the murder of Katie Kenyon.

10:15

Burfield pleads guilty​

The jury has returned, and Tim Storrie KC, Burfield's defence, has asked for him to be rearraigned. Burfield is asked whether he killed Katie Kenyon, and he says: "Guilty."

GUILTY​

Burfield has pleaded guilty on the basis of the evidence so far - that he prepared the grave the day before he killed Katie and inflicted multiple head injuries with an axe.

0_WhatsApp-Image-2022-11-15-at-111729-AMjpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Tim Storrie KC, defending Burfield, has told the judge that the 51-year-old would like to be re-arraigned on the charge of murder

BREAKING: Burfield has now pleaded guilty to murder

10:17

Sentencing announced​

Mr Justice Goose will sentence Burfield tomorrow morning at 10am, following his guilty plea.

10:19

Guilty plea​

Burfield has pleaded guilty on the basis of the evidence so far - that he prepared the grave the day before he killed Katie and inflicted multiple head injuries with an axe.

Andrew Burfield

Andrew Burfield

After denying the charge for months, Andrew Burfield has confessed to the murder of his ex-girlfriend Katie Kenyon.

Burfield, 50, changed his plea of not guilty to guilty this morning (November 16) in a shocking twist to the murder trial that began on Monday. It was in August that Burfield, of Todmorden Road, Burnley, told the court he did not murder mum-of-two Katie.

But three days in to the three week murder trial, Katie's ex-partner confessed to the charge put against him by the prosecution. The prosecution argued that Burfield had murdered Katie in cold blood before burying her in a makeshift grave in Gisburn Forest in the Forest of Bowland.

A man has admitted the murder of a woman whose body was found in a makeshift grave in a forest.

Andrew Burfield, 51, changed his plea to admit the murder of mother-of-two Katie Kenyon, 33, on the third day of his trial at Preston Crown Court.

He was re-arraigned on the charge on Wednesday morning and the jury in the case formally found him guilty.

His trial heard he killed Miss Kenyon, of Padiham, Burnley, on April 22 and buried her body in a grave, which he had dug the day before her death, in the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire.

He then sent messages to himself and her children from her phone, the jury was told.

Opening the trial on Monday, David McLachlan KC, prosecuting, told the jury Burfield was arrested following Miss Kenyon’s disappearance and interviewed four times, initially denying any knowledge of her whereabouts.

In his penultimate interview there was a “revelation” and his version of events changed, Mr McLachlan said.

wow big news today. His defence was embarrassing to say the least, multiple strikes to the head clearly not an accident and digging the grave the day before did not look good at all. He probably recognised all this and it’s for the best for him to save Katies family any more torture by having to go through the trial. Hopefully a very long sentence will come tomoz.

So so happy that he's quit the lies and that Katies loved ones don't have to endure any more of this. The defence will have known they had their work cut out before it started but he clearly still believed there was a possibility he might be able to get out of it. Delusional.

Interesting that the jury were still asked to give a verdict. I don't think I can recall a case where the defendant pleaded guilty after the trial had started - at least not one that I was following. He's not going to get much of a reduction in sentence leaving it this late.

It’s great that his brain managed to work in the end, as I’m sure that will alleviate the stress of her loved ones, but it’s also a shame because his brazen denials would have led to a much longer sentence.
I don't think that would have much effect. There are two obvious major aggravating factors:
a significant degree of planning or premeditation
concealment, destruction or dismemberment of the body

Anyway the judge is wasting no time over sentencing!

I don't think that would have much effect. There are two obvious major aggravating factors:
a significant degree of planning or premeditation
concealment, destruction or dismemberment of the body

Anyway the judge is wasting no time over sentencing!
Indeed he isn't. Judges take a very dim view on time wasting and unnecessary spend of the public purse.
I really feel this guy deserves all he gets with how he treated Katie. A real sick and twisted individual.

This is Katie Kenyon.

Katie was a happy, much-loved mother, sister and daughter who was murdered by someone she should have been able to trust.

That someone was 51-year-old Andrew Burfield, who despite initially denying any knowledge of her whereabouts and changing his story throughout, has today pled guilty to her murder.

Burfield premeditated this attack, travelling to Bolton-by-Bowland the day before the murder to dig a shallow grave. The extent of his planning extended even further, including drafting text messages that he would go on to send to her family and her children, purporting to be from her after the murder.

Not only did Burfield murder Katie in an abhorrent and violent attack, but he also tried to conceal her body and repeatedly lied to try and cover up his vile actions. He's put her family through the unimaginable pain of going to trial, only to plead guilty two days in.

He is is nothing short of a vindictive monster. He will be sentenced tomorrow.

As a force we will continue to prioritise violence against women and girls, to target those who prey on them and to make our communities safe for all.

More Lancashire Constabulary - Man admits murder of Katie Kenyon

Screenshot_20221116-141510_Facebook-01.jpeg

Good news. Have to admit I was intrigued to find out what kind of explanation he could possibly make of "accidentally" causing all those injuries, but it's far better for her family that it doesn't continue any longer, glad he admitted it and I hope he gets a very long sentence!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb
Back