GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's my own opinion. It seem the 15 year old girl can't talk..why else hold a sign up on the video link? I believe, she didn't do it.
Where does it say that 'she held a sign up'? - it doesn't.

more heartache for this poor family. So a full trial goes ahead? The parents went home the night of the funeral, first time since it all happened. i have no idea how they found the strength to go in Katies room,i honestly don't

It's my own opinion. It seem the 15 year old girl can't talk..why else hold a sign up on the video link? I believe, she didn't do it.

The report I read said she wrote on a piece of paper but no mention of holding up a sign, What is the connection between that and her being not guilty please

To clear things up about holding up a note, that did not happen.

She appeared at Leeds Crown Court via video-link on Thursday, sitting next to her solicitor, who confirmed she had written "not guilty" on the indictment in front of her.
The teenager, who cannot be named, did not speak during the 20-minute hearing and only nodded when she was asked by Judge Peter Collier QC if she understood the proceedings.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/natio...g-katie-rough-7-in-york/ar-AAn0kEZ?li=BBoPRmx

her just carrying a knife around is very suspicious.
She is also denying the second charge of possession of the knife.
I am shocked by this not guilty plea. I reckon there's alot more information on this case not being released.

I am shocked by this not guilty plea. I reckon there's alot more information on this case not being released.

Oh I did not know she's denying the second charge. Surely if she's accepting manslaughter or diminished responsibility she would accept that charge? I thought her apparent distressed state at the scene showed some kind of responsibility or remorse.
I agree that there's a lot we dont know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not shocked at all. It may be manslaughter rather than murder, in which case she would plead not guilty to the charge of murder.
If, as we've been given to understand, it was a Stanley knife then it is not necessarily unlawful to be carrying one.
But as you say, we really know next to nothing about what happened.

I'm not shocked at all. It may be manslaughter rather than murder, in which case she would plead not guilty to the charge of murder.
If, as we've been given to understand, it was a Stanley knife then it is not necessarily unlawful to be carrying one.
But as you say, we really know next to nothing about what happened.
I agree that we know very little but would the CPS go ahead with a murder charge in this situation if they weren't at least certain that the girl was responsible for the death even though there might be a question mark over intent?

I don't think they would, the repercusions of being wrong be huge

JMO

I agree that we know very little but would the CPS go ahead with a murder charge in this situation if they weren't at least certain that the girl was responsible for the death even though there might be a question mark over intent?

I don't think they would, the repercusions of being wrong be huge

It remains to be seen. But I didn't suggest that she wasn't "responsible for the death", they are obviously satisfied on that score.

When the accused rang the police, didn't she state then that she's killed her?

The news reports IMPLIED that she said something like that. But I never read that it was exactly what she said.

rhetorical question because it is just so sad, there is no answer but, how could a 15 year old girl kill someone else and not be mentally unstable?
Bring a sociopath is not considered "mentally unstable". Just not having feeling like normal people.

It seems like you aren't recognizing that these cases are extremely rare. Kids all over the world are home alone for hours at a time. Rarely do minor siblings kill each other.
Rare? I disagree. Unreported? yes! Ignored has kids being kids... All the time... Rare though? No.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah
Back