GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, I'm saying it's not rare for children to hurt their siblings.

It is pretty rare for siblings to seriously hurt each other. My brothers and i used to scuffle, lash out, push and yell etc..but never needed an ambulance or anything like that.

My kids bickered and sounded like they were fighting hard--but usually it is all bluff and blowing off steam.

But these two in this case were of much different ages. Who physically assaults a 7 yr old sibling? I punched my 14 yr old brother when I was 12---but that is much different than him being 7!

Just got home from work-- I used to have 4 kids, now I just have 3----do you think anyone will notice if I don't report it?

Sorry to hear that. Was it your favourite child? Do you want us to start a thread?

Night all.

15 yr olds trial begins on Thursday 16th Only then will we know if the girls name will be released. I wonder is it in any way up to the family. Also for the SM snoopers it is possible to identify the teens maternal grandmother. Am pretty sure I can say that without giving names? First time poster here.

As I understand it, it was Katie who had SM, not the teenager. So why would the teenagers maternal grandmother have anything to do with SM or those groups?

As I understand it, it was Katie who had SM, not the teenager. So why would the teenagers maternal grandmother have anything to do with SM or those groups?

think they mean social media, not selective mutism. that could get confusing here :D

Looked around for updates about the murder of little Katie....

Not much out there.
Are we allowed to discuss the name of the killer yet ?

Somewhat surprised by the level of protection and concern over the murderer ; and there was no one to keep Katie safe when she lost her life. :(
Unless there's much more going on ??
:moo:

Looked around for updates about the murder of little Katie....

Not much out there.
Are we allowed to discuss the name of the killer yet ?

Somewhat surprised by the level of protection and concern over the murderer ; and there was no one to keep Katie safe when she lost her life. :(
Unless there's much more going on ??
:moo:
The level of protection and concern for Katie's alleged killer is because the alleged killer is a child and possibly, a child with mental health issues.

There won't be any further updates until the trial and even then we may hear very little.

First time poster here...
Something about this case has really played on my mind since it happened and my curiosity got the better of me. After a snoop around on social media, i came across the profile of the 'accused'. The account to is from a number of years go and hasn't had anything posted to it in at least 2 years from what I could see. But what did strike me as rather chilling, is all of her previous posts were links to a game about murder crime scenes and 'can you solve the murder'
Maybe she had some sort of fascination with murder and wanted to see what it felt like to kill someone.
Just my opinion but maybe she got a little carried away as the did have mental health issues (apparently) an after she had done it, he snapped back into reality and was distraught at what she had actually does an the severity of it.

Something about this case has really played on my mind since it happened and my curiosity got the better of me. After a snoop around on social media, i came across the profile of the 'accused'. The account to is from a number of years go and hasn't had anything posted to it in at least 2 years from what I could see. But what did strike me as rather chilling, is all of her previous posts were links to a game about murder crime scenes and 'can you solve the murder'
Maybe she had some sort of fascination with murder and wanted to see what it felt like to kill someone.
Just my opinion but maybe she got a little carried away as the did have mental health issues (apparently) an after she had done it, he snapped back into reality and was distraught at what she had actually does an the severity of it.
Welcome :)

I think those Facebook games are very popular and are usually played in a short lived phase.

I really hope that it's not an indicator to future behaviour though, because, we're all here on a forum dedicated to the subject 😃😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think it means anything, it's just a game. At the age of about 12 I discovered Agatha Christie novels, and read every one I could get my hands on. It didn't make me want to murder anyone though :)

:welcome:

[bbm]

always IMO

This is disgusting. I wonder if they conducted a psych evaluation on the 15 year old, obviously to perform such a devious act and not show remorse, it makes one think, what else could she have done, was there warning signs?

😂 i hadn't even noticed the irony in my comment!!

Parents of Katie Rough give first television interview

MEMBERS of Katie Rough’s family have given their first interview since the seven-year-old was killed in York.

Katie was found in January with serious wounds in a field off Alness Drive, in Woodthorpe, and died later in York Hospital.

Paul and Alison Rough appeared on BBC’s Look North tonight to thank the local and international community for supporting them.

Alison said: “We have had a lot of support from the local community, but also all over the world hundreds of letters, messages, people have just been so kind and we just want to say thank you.”

Parents of Katie Rough give first television interview

MEMBERS of Katie Rough’s family have given their first interview since the seven-year-old was killed in York.

Katie was found in January with serious wounds in a field off Alness Drive, in Woodthorpe, and died later in York Hospital.

Paul and Alison Rough appeared on BBC’s Look North tonight to thank the local and international community for supporting them.

Alison said: “We have had a lot of support from the local community, but also all over the world hundreds of letters, messages, people have just been so kind and we just want to say thank you.”
Link to interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08nsv6v/look-north-yorkshire-evening-news-08052017

So I just spent a couple of hours reading this thread from Kiaya's thread and first, wow, I'm in awe of our friends across the pond. Y'all are so logical and it makes me wish I lived there. I love that y'all aren't knee jerk reactionary.

BUT, I dislike that y'all are so private and there's been no news on this sweet girl and her justice.

So I just spent a couple of hours reading this thread from Kiaya's thread and first, wow, I'm in awe of our friends across the pond. Y'all are so logical and it makes me wish I lived there. I love that y'all aren't knee jerk reactionary.

BUT, I dislike that y'all are so private and there's been no news on this sweet girl and her justice.

Hi Mikayoyo and cheers for nice comments! We're having to keep quiet about the killer's name as she is a minor and might never be publicly named. Though there is a recent UK case where the teen perps HAVE eventually been named so it might all come out at some point. Reading between the lines, you know who did it, right?

Hi Mikayoyo and cheers for nice comments! We're having to keep quiet about the killer's name as she is a minor and might never be publicly named. Though there is a recent UK case where the teen perps HAVE eventually been named so it might all come out at some point. Reading between the lines, you know who did it, right?

I think also that until we know the full circumstances of what has happened, we don't know why. And we don't know about the mental health of the person involved. So until the case goes to court and we get the background, it's hard to make a judgement about what's really gone on

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions
Back