GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The body wasn't in the park it was in a field opposite the park. It is quite secluded at the top and people don't go up there to walk dogs really, its a farmers field. SB did cut logs up there in the fields on previous occasions so a horticulture van wouldn't look out of place going up there I guess. It was very muddy though so how the van got up there without getting stuck I don't know! But the housing estate where SB and lh lived is still under construction so there may be cut through to the fields from there so he wouldn't of needed to use the road at all.

Oh now you've mentioned him cutting logs there previously , I'm pretty sure he posted asking if anybody wanted any logs on facebook that weekend. I remember wondering if he could have hidden her under logs but police said she was in undergrowth.

Oh now you've mentioned him cutting logs there previously , I'm pretty sure he posted asking if anybody wanted any logs on facebook that weekend. I remember wondering if he could have hidden her under logs but police said she was in undergrowth.
Yep £60 for the logs iirc

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

not until I watched the aerial footage in your link did I realise what you meant by tracks - there are clear tyre tracks over the grass leading to where Kayleigh was found.
Could they not relate to the police/search vehicles

OMG with the injuries she had I really hope those sharp (log cutting) tools weren't used on her. :(

We've assumed that the cause of death being head and facial injuries meant she was beaten with something, but yes maybe she was cut. Poor girl.

Could they not relate to the police/search vehicles

Remembering that long distance they carried the stretcher for when it seemed to make more sense to have driven closer. I wonder if that's why they didn't. To avoid driving over tracks that had already been left.

ETA now I've got the aerial video to load I can see it's the same journey as I was talking about.

Remembering that long distance they carried the stretcher for when it seemed to make more sense to have driven closer. I wonder if that's why they didn't. To avoid driving over tracks that had already been left.
Very good point

My thoughts are always, of course, with the loved ones of Kayleigh but I'm sharing a thought for the poor people who found her too :(

Petition to raise the minimum age of Facebook registration set up by family of Kayleigh Haywood

The family of teenager Kayleigh Haywood have set up a petition which urges the Government to limit Facebook to over 16s.

The 15-year-old's aunt, Tracey Haywood, launched the online document on Wednesday and it has already reached around 6,000 signatures from people in support of the idea.

The petition asks that it be made mandatory for Facebook account holders to be at least 16 years old.

Current Facebook rules state that a child must be older than 13 to sign up to use the social media website.

www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Petition...tory-28248807-detail/story.html#ixzz3sz40rhw1

Petition to raise the minimum age of Facebook registration set up by family of Kayleigh Haywood

The family of teenager Kayleigh Haywood have set up a petition which urges the Government to limit Facebook to over 16s.

The 15-year-old's aunt, Tracey Haywood, launched the online document on Wednesday and it has already reached around 6,000 signatures from people in support of the idea.

The petition asks that it be made mandatory for Facebook account holders to be at least 16 years old.

Current Facebook rules state that a child must be older than 13 to sign up to use the social media website.

www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Petition...tory-28248807-detail/story.html#ixzz3sz40rhw1
Hmmmm ...

I'm sure the family want to feel as though they're 'doing something' but I don't know what that would do even if Facebook did make it's lower age limit 16.

There are SO many people on there now that aren't even 13! And the majority make a profile with the permission of their parents!

I'd like the option to report a profile that you know is under 13, there is a way of doing so already but it's a very complicated way of doing so.

Also ... parents do have the power to say no, to set an example, to be proactive regarding their child's online life.

Surprised no further updates on this case, what are we waiting for?

I drove past Sense Valley today for the first time since it's happened. I felt very sad. There's ribbons on all the lampposts.

There looked like there was something going on in the field over the road from Sense Valley and a man was setting up a tripod with a camera on the side of Sense Valley but pointing at the field over the road. Unsure if related but didn't know if there were further developments. I came on here to see if there was any more news but looks like not so it's probably nothing.

I don't think anything else has appeared in the media to go on, the last (apart from the family calling for new social media law) updates were on the 24th November I believe. I guess we won't know more until the 18th December when SB and LH are due in the crown court.

Today is the day of the Court Hearing. Unsure what time it is. A lot of activity in the group showing support for the family. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them.

Another article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35130003

"A date has been set for the trial of the man charged with the rape and murder of Kayleigh Haywood.
Kayleigh, 15, and from Measham, Leicestershire, was found in a field near Ibstock five days after she disappeared in November.
Stephen Beadman, 28, appeared at Leicester Crown Court via video link.
No plea was entered and Mr Beadman, of George Avenue, Ibstock, was remanded in custody ahead of trial in June, accused of murder and one count of rape.
A second man, Luke Harlow, 27, also of George Avenue, is charged with grooming and two counts of sexual activity with a child and appeared in person at court.

Mr Harlow was also remanded into custody. Their trial is due to start on 7 June at Nottingham Crown Court.
A post-mortem examination found Kayleigh had died from head and facial injuries.
She was last seen when she was dropped off outside Ibstock Community College on Friday 13 November."

I'm surprised LH didn't apply for bail.

Perhaps it is more to do with his safety and how the public might react to his release?

Hmmmm ...

I'm sure the family want to feel as though they're 'doing something' but I don't know what that would do even if Facebook did make it's lower age limit 16.

There are SO many people on there now that aren't even 13! And the majority make a profile with the permission of their parents!

I'd like the option to report a profile that you know is under 13, there is a way of doing so already but it's a very complicated way of doing so.

Also ... parents do have the power to say no, to set an example, to be proactive regarding their child's online life.

Totally agree with you. I don't think it would make any difference to be honest, as there are plenty of other ways of using social media to connect with/contact strangers - Twitter, instagram and so on.

I think the best form of protection is education - keep telling your children about personal safety, keep checking their accounts, double check where they say they are going, install an app on your phone which shows you their location (or that of their phone).

I think its important to remember that these cases are very, very rare and the majority of teenagers use Facebook safely and properly. To be honest, I don't think Facebook was totally to blame in this case, as it was a case of nobody knowing where she was for 48 hours because of the different stories she had given her family and friends. ABSOLUTELY NOT victim blaming here at all - just saying that the same scenario has probably happened a million times, without Facebook. If a teenager wants to do something in secret, they can always find a way. Its about teaching them the dangers of not letting someone know who they are with, where they are and making sure they frequently 'check in' when they are out of the house.

Is there any reason why SB appeared in court via video link instead of in person like LH? Sorry if this is a noob question...

Totally agree with you. I don't think it would make any difference to be honest, as there are plenty of other ways of using social media to connect with/contact strangers - Twitter, instagram and so on.

I think the best form of protection is education - keep telling your children about personal safety, keep checking their accounts, double check where they say they are going, install an app on your phone which shows you their location (or that of their phone).

I think its important to remember that these cases are very, very rare and the majority of teenagers use Facebook safely and properly. To be honest, I don't think Facebook was totally to blame in this case, as it was a case of nobody knowing where she was for 48 hours because of the different stories she had given her family and friends. ABSOLUTELY NOT victim blaming here at all - just saying that the same scenario has probably happened a million times, without Facebook. If a teenager wants to do something in secret, they can always find a way. Its about teaching them the dangers of not letting someone know who they are with, where they are and making sure they frequently 'check in' when they are out of the house.

I think you're right. I also think it's a great pity that you feel you have to issue a disclaimer. It's fine having a policy of not blaming victims, but I think it can be taken a little too far. Sometimes it is the actions of the victim that lead to their misfortunes, and this should never be denied. There is nothing wrong with recognising and acknowledging the facts, and doing so is important in teaching the young how to protect themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back