Found Deceased UK - Kirsty Aitchison, 30, Glasgow, 12th June 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think a previous poster suggested Kirsty may have crossed the tradeston bridge (or the sqiggely bridge as its known locally) and from there continued walking along the river front on the south side travelling west. She couldn't have done this as the area from this bridge almost until the next bridge is cordoned off due to structural problems to the river walkway, if she was going that direction she would have to join the road instead. Perhaps this was an unexpected diversion for Kirsty if she expected to be able to walk this way

Is it just me or does it look like she's wearing light colored heels and not barefoot? If she's barefoot, she's walking very high arched on the balls of her feet and I would think she would have been carrying her shoes if she had removed them. But the still is kinda fuzzy, so I'm not sure if what I think I'm seeing is correct. Does anyone know if any of the media have released the actual video the still was taken from? I think it would be easier to tell.
If she is barefoot and not carrying her shoes, what did she do with them? You'd think someone would have found them by now.

I think a previous poster suggested Kirsty may have crossed the tradeston bridge (or the sqiggely bridge as its known locally) and from there continued walking along the river front on the south side travelling west. She couldn't have done this as the area from this bridge almost until the next bridge is cordoned off due to structural problems to the river walkway, if she was going that direction she would have to join the road instead. Perhaps this was an unexpected diversion for Kirsty if she expected to be able to walk this way
That walkway along the river has been blocked off for about two years, it's not a recent thing.

I'm saying suicide sadly. But then I think she's so young, and has 4 kids and seems like they are her world. But I guess these things happen.

If something/someone has harmed her, I don't think it happened at the river, and then she might not even be there.

I wonder if she knew of anyone over the bridge? In the flats. Or even further into Govan. Maybe she wanted to see them but couldn't let them know she was I her way because her phone was cut off.
She would have been picked up on camera if she crossed over to the southside. The police have checked every route she could have taken and there has been no sign of her.

Is it just me or does it look like she's wearing light colored heels and not barefoot? If she's barefoot, she's walking very high arched on the balls of her feet and I would think she would have been carrying her shoes if she had removed them. But the still is kinda fuzzy, so I'm not sure if what I think I'm seeing is correct. Does anyone know if any of the media have released the actual video the still was taken from? I think it would be easier to tell.
If she is barefoot and not carrying her shoes, what did she do with them? You'd think someone would have found them by now.
The angle you see her at from cctv is not a view you'd usually see of someone so bear that in mind. Police wouldn't base her carrying her shoes on the one still image that has been released. There would have been plenty of other footage of her carrying her shoes on the way down from sauchiehall street. If her shoes were chucked in the river they're probably never going to be found.

Regarding comments made about Facebook posts talking of 'nervous breakdown' - it's VERY different to be under pressure/stressed and say 'I'm having a breakdown, I can't cope with all this xyz' and to clinically have a breakdown.
I also think you can't really go too much on what people put on Facebook, it's only ever what they want people to see, not necessarily what's really going on ...

It was a good while ago now but there were posts from Kirsty on Facebook in Aug 2015 about having a nervous breakdown due to threats and blackmail . I really hope she is found safe and well but that is looking less and less likely as the days go on ��

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I hope any ex-partners are being looked at thoroughly to see where they were that night. It's not looking good at all it is very sad when a young man or woman goes missing here particularly if they have young children. I hope and pray there is a break in the case soon. Someone must have seen Kirsty or know something which could help police.

I read on the FB page that the police have suggested the searchers take a break for the weekend - they are obviously not in any hurry then :(

Yes I knew this, but thank you.

I was asking if the previous commenter thought it was accident or suicide after they said they felt that Kirsty would be found in the river.

I am sadly thinking she took her own life.

Within the last 10 minutes someone on Reddit has just informed me he's seen they're removing a body from the Clyde :(

Saw something similar, said it was recovered about 4.30pm, but no sign of it in the news.

Very sad. It's looking likely that it's her. And the police have knew all along hence the lack of urgency/coverage of this case.

Poor soul whoever it may be hopefully we will find out soon . It will be hard to prove weather they jumped , fell in or were pushed 😣

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

'Twas my thoughts all along, I feel for her family and her poor children.

What a shame. I wonder what happened that night. Those poor kiddies :notgood:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back