Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we know the answer. Maybe Leah's parents go to work at 5 or 6 and she doesn't get up until 7?

The reports have definitely been saying that Leah left the family home on Quantock, so it doesn't seem like she was staying at a friend's overnight or anything.
Can you please give me a link to MSM stating the Leah definitely left her family home on Quantock on the morning she disappeared? I have only seen articles stating she was last seen at home at 10pm the night before but not clarifying she stayed at home that night. Thank you!

This is a very worrying case. It must be so distressing for her family. IMO there are a few most likely scenarios:
- she was tricked by someone in a car stopping and asking directions, pretending they have broken down, asking for help in some way and then pushed or dragged her into a car or hit her over the head to over-power her. Leo Bellfield used a puppy or a dog didn't he to catch out Millie Dowler?
- it was someone she knew, family, friends, wider friends of the family, someone from Tae Kwondo, from work, schooldays or from online connections. All they needed to do was offer her a lift, but then would need to overpower her in some way. Unless they persuaded her to take a sickie from work and took her away.

It was not a planned meet on her part IMHO. It was just another ordinary day. How desperately sad.

This is a very worrying case. It must be so distressing for her family. IMO there are a few most likely scenarios:
- she was tricked by someone in a car stopping and asking directions, pretending they have broken down, asking for help in some way and then pushed or dragged her into a car or hit her over the head to over-power her. Leo Bellfield used a puppy or a dog didn't he to catch out Millie Dowler?
- it was someone she knew, family, friends, wider friends of the family, someone from Tae Kwondo, from work, schooldays or from online connections. All they needed to do was offer her a lift, but then would need to overpower her in some way. Unless they persuaded her to take a sickie from work and took her away.

It was not a planned meet on her part IMHO. It was just another ordinary day. How desperately sad.
I have a strong feeling that either someone she knew has something to do with her disappearance or no one else at all except her. JMO, don't want to cause any offence.

Can you please give me a link to MSM stating the Leah definitely left her family home on Quantock on the morning she disappeared? I have only seen articles stating she was last seen at home at 10pm the night before but not clarifying she stayed at home that night. Thank you!

I don't keep links to MSM hand, and I do understand why you're asking if that's a safe assumption.

Here's a link to an earlier post with a list of case cliff notes that were sourced from an article on MiltonKeynes.co.uk site

UK - UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

And in there it says about the family home being Quantock Crescent. And that Leah walks from there to work each day.

I haven't seen/heard anything to suggest Leah didn't start off from there on the day she went missing. Buzzacott Lane isn't that far into the journey so it seems a safe assumption that she did start out from the family home if we don't have evidence to state otherwise?

I don't think we've been told much at all really, but I don't think there's been any suggestion that Leah was particularly early or late that day nor that her starting off point was from anywhere else. I think it's just that the initial police report would have been that the last sighting by her parents was on the evening of the 14th, and then LE found the cctv of her on her way to work as normal.

ETA I've changed the word in my last post to 'implying' as I feel that's a fair word for it, but you're right that I don't know if it's been explicitly said that way.

I don't keep links to MSM hand, and I do understand why you're asking if that's a safe assumption.

Here's a link to an earlier post with a list of case cliff notes that were sourced from an article on MiltonKeynes.co.uk site

UK - UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

And in there it says about the family home being Quantock Crescent. And that Leah walks from there to work each day.

I haven't seen/heard anything to suggest Leah didn't start off from there on the day she went missing. Buzzacott Lane isn't that far into the journey so it seems a safe assumption that she did start out from the family home if we don't have evidence to state otherwise?

I don't think we've been told much at all really, but I don't think there's been any suggestion that Leah was particularly early or late that day nor that her starting off point was from anywhere else. I think it's just that the initial police report would have been that the last sighting by her parents was on the evening of the 14th, and then LE found the cctv of her on her way to work as normal.

ETA I've changed the word in my last post to 'implying' as I feel that's a fair word for it, but you're right that I don't know if it's been explicitly said that way.
Thank you, I wasn't trying to be mean! I thought there might genuinely be an article which stated she definitely left from the family home on Friday - but you're right, I'm fairly positive everyone is under the same impression that she did leave from home, there's been nothing said by LE or MSM which would state otherwise. :)

Thank you, I wasn't trying to be mean! I thought there might genuinely be an article which stated she definitely left from the family home on Friday - but you're right, I'm fairly positive everyone is under the same impression that she did leave from home, there's been nothing said by LE or MSM which would state otherwise. :)

I totally understand. It's important we don't run with faulty assumptions and remember that it's not been explicitly confirmed.

UNLESS, the abductor was also trained in Martial arts? Just a thought...

I have thought this also. Could well be someone obsessing over her from that circle she moves in and perhaps wouldn't even require confrontation if a plausible emergency was given for her to get in a car and come quick.

Believe it or not it is a relatively common kind of activity in MK. I know a few people who go to some form of martial arts groups.

It could also be an environment that a person could get quite physically close to another and become obsessed and know their personal details without anyone knowing the reality in their head.

I don't think I've seen this article yet and although it's from a few days ago, there's some info in there that I've not read before now.

"Miss Croucher was last seen at Furzton as she walked from her nearby home in Milton Keynes to work last Friday morning at 8.30am."
Where has this 8:30am come from? Has the MSM got this wrong or are they aware of more CCTV/a confirmed sighting of Leah after the Buzzacott CCTV that the public aren't aware of?

The article then goes on...
"Mr Kentish said: 'It has been a week since Leah was last seen. She was captured on CCTV at about 8.15am and has not been seen since.
There have been two unconfirmed sightings at Teardrop Lakes at 8:45 on February 15. It is totally out of character for her Leah to go missing."

So they're backtracking on the 8:30 thing now? Very confusing article indeed. Two unconfirmed sightings near the Teardrop Lakes - I'm assuming these are eyewitness sightings and not CCTV or they should have been "confirmed" by now - were these two people together when they both think they saw Leah or have two strangers both claimed to have seen her at exactly the same time?

This entire case is so strange to me. Doesn't help that even MSM seems to either be getting important details wrong or not stating how they know the info.

Missing teenager's family make emotional plea for public's help | Daily Mail Online

I don't think I've seen this article yet and although it's from a few days ago, there's some info in there that I've not read before now.

"Miss Croucher was last seen at Furzton as she walked from her nearby home in Milton Keynes to work last Friday morning at 8.30am."
Where has this 8:30am come from? Has the MSM got this wrong or are they aware of more CCTV/a confirmed sighting of Leah after the Buzzacott CCTV that the public aren't aware of?

The article then goes on...
"Mr Kentish said: 'It has been a week since Leah was last seen. She was captured on CCTV at about 8.15am and has not been seen since.
There have been two unconfirmed sightings at Teardrop Lakes at 8:45 on February 15. It is totally out of character for her Leah to go missing."

So they're backtracking on the 8:30 thing now? Very confusing article indeed. Two unconfirmed sightings near the Teardrop Lakes - I'm assuming these are eyewitness sightings and not CCTV or they should have been "confirmed" by now - were these two people together when they both think they saw Leah or have two strangers both claimed to have seen her at exactly the same time?

This entire case is so strange to me. Doesn't help that even MSM seems to either be getting important details wrong or not stating how they know the info.

Missing teenager's family make emotional plea for public's help | Daily Mail Online

Also interesting that the article states:

"Miss Croucher is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill."

Which in my opinion suggests the route she is known to take is the one that passes Furzton Lake and not the route from Furzton into Shenley Lodge and then into Knowlhill.

Also interesting that the article states:

"Miss Croucher is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill."

Which in my opinion suggests the route she is known to take is the one that passes Furzton Lake and not the route from Furzton into Shenley Lodge and then into Knowlhill.
Nice one Scarlett, that's very interesting and certainly explains them searching the lake so early on.

Exactly, when I thought that an article actually confirmed it, I was like "Oh yay, something's actually been clarified! New actual facts!" Lol.

What we don't have is a time of when she was reported missing. We know it was the same day, ie the 15th, and I think I have seen reference on social media to when it became upgraded to a high risk missing person's case.

My guess, and it's a guess, is that when Leah didn't come home from work on Friday night it raised an eyebrow with her family ('creature of habit'). Then they couldn't get hold of her on her phone ('phone off'). Made them even more concerned. Then they called a colleague/her workplace and found out she never went into work. Then they realised they hadn't seen her at all since 10pm the night before and got really scared. Then called LE. LE probably didn't do anything on the Friday night, but when she didn't come home that night they upgraded it to a high risk missing either Saturday morning or over the weekend sometime.

At some point they checked CCTV and discovered that she did probably leave for work as usual on Friday morning. Maybe the parents slept late. Maybe they left early. I think it's easily possible not to see someone in the morning if you're a late sleeper.

But by then a lot of time has gone by.

Something just doesn’t add up in this case, there has been no confirmed sightings of her on the Friday, no one has seen her on her way to work, the only confirmed CCTV was from the day before, no one seen acting suspiciously in her walking area to work, no screams heard, its like she has vanished into thin air, maybe she never set off for work, hmmmmm

Maybe this sounds insensitive given what they are going through but am starting to wonder if she even left the house that Friday and that the police maybe need to start looking at her home and searching that, I find the fact her dad allegedly didn’t see or hear her that morning a bit odd too, no heard toilets flushing when she got up, no shower running when she have shower before work, think he has more explaining to do

Something just doesn’t add up in this case, there has been no confirmed sightings of her on the Friday, no one has seen her on her way to work, the only confirmed CCTV was from the day before, no one seen acting suspiciously in her walking area to work, no screams heard, its like she has vanished into thin air, maybe she never set off for work, hmmmmm

Maybe this sounds insensitive given what they are going through but am starting to wonder if she even left the house that Friday and that the police maybe need to start looking at her home and searching that, I find the fact her dad allegedly didn’t see or hear her that morning a bit odd too, no heard toilets flushing when she got up, no shower running when she have shower before work, think he has more explaining to do

I think she was seen on CCTV at 8.15 that morning Brian, walking past someone's home.

There is another cctv image of her going into work from the day before also.

But the one of her walking was I believe the day she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3