Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies to her dad then

Another question, I have very slow wifi at my hotel so can’t go through 17 pages but did she always the walk 2 miles to and from work? or had she only started doing this the day before and the day she went missing etc, very long way to walk when she could use buses to get to work

If she walked every day to work these 2 miles each way then yes someone could know her route and followed her

Apologies to her dad then

Another question, I have very slow wifi at my hotel so can’t go through 17 pages but did she always the walk 2 miles to and from work? or had she only started doing this the day before and the day she went missing etc, very long way to walk when she could use buses to get to work

If she walked every day to work these 2 miles each way then yes someone could know her route and followed her

Yes this is her routine which does make it worrying that someone could have been planning this, hence the lack of evidence.

Funnily enough, since I've been a member of Websleuths I actually vary my routine as much as possible. Even to the point of walking to my local shop, I will always pick a different route on the return journey home.

Yes this is her routine which does make it worrying that someone could have been planning this, hence the lack of evidence.

Funnily enough, since I've been a member of Websleuths I actually vary my routine as much as possible. Even to the point of walking to my local shop, I will always pick a different route on the return journey home.
I do this quite a lot. I grew up in Ireland where women started vanishing without a trace at an alarming rate. This was at a time not many people had mobile phones, there wasn't much cctv and everyone's mothers were terrified their daughter wouldn't come home. It's become a lifelong habit and I still do it even though I'm sure a wee tubby middle aged woman is not on anyone's abduction list!

Last edited:
Disappointing to not wake up to any good news about Leah being found safe and well - the day's still young though, let's hope there's a breakthrough later on!

On a personal note, since young women are seemingly disappearing all over the country, I have downloaded a tracking app and made my OH download it too lol. He can see pretty much exactly where I am, for how long and what % battery my phone has. I feel a lot better because of this, since I've been scared to even walk ten minutes to the supermarket for the last three weeks lol.

Can’t shake notion that a meeting with someone met online could be at play here. Family have mentioned that Leah likes to communicate via social media, spends a lot of time in her room. Plus with the timing being around valentines day...possibility that someone asked to meet her on her way to work - “I have a valentines present for you, meet me in the morning...?” Leah takes her usual route to work, gets into a car with someone she thinks she knows etc. Just a thought!

Can’t shake notion that a meeting with someone met online could be at play here. Family have mentioned that Leah likes to communicate via social media, spends a lot of time in her room. Plus with the timing being around valentines day...possibility that someone asked to meet her on her way to work - “I have a valentines present for you, meet me in the morning...?” Leah takes her usual route to work, gets into a car with someone she thinks she knows etc. Just a thought!

I would imagine the police will have investigated everyone on her social media who had ever contacted her and checked them out, ok it is New Zealand but Grace Millane’s killer was found due to conversations they had had on tinder, I doubt she could arrange a liaison through social media without police being able to trace it

I think she has gone to meet someone, now I'm not sure if it's a runaway or abduction but that's my way if thinking,leaning more towards abduction.
<modsnip - sleuthing family>
I think she was intending to attend work and was just meeting someone but has been abducted, if it was someone she was meeting anyway there would have been no struggle getting her into the car if they just said I'll give you a lift the rest of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking that with Leah's walk to work, it's not like it's walking a mile down a straight road...hard for someone to get the timing right if they want to accidentally on purpose run into her to offer her a lift?

I'm a bit concerned about a stranger using an "I've lost my dog" kind of ruse.

I think she has gone to meet someone, now I'm not sure if it's a runaway or abduction but that's my way if thinking,leaning more towards abduction.
<modsnip - sleuthing family>
I think she was intending to attend work and was just meeting someone but has been abducted, if it was someone she was meeting anyway there would have been no struggle getting her into the car if they just said I'll give you a lift the rest of the way.

Unless it is someone she works with where it is pre arranged face to face it is difficult to imagine, police if they are doing their job properly will have access to her phone records, her social media records etc so would have at least built up a list of potential suspects there to be eliminated or followed up

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking that with Leah's walk to work, it's not like it's walking a mile down a straight road...hard for someone to get the timing right if they want to accidentally on purpose run into her to offer her a lift?

I'm a bit concerned about a stranger using an "I've lost my dog" kind of ruse.

I'm not sure on it being someone she has arranged to meet. I find it slightly odd that she would of prearranged to meet someone at that time in the morning, knowing she had to be at work for a certain time. Given the time she was seen on cctv that morning and the distance she still had to travel, she'd of only had minimal time to actually stop and engage with someone. In my opinion it would of made more sense to arrange to meet them during her lunchbreak or after work.
But I will say I do believe that whether it be someone known to her or a total stranger, they have been observing her over a period of time, learning her daily routine (her mother said she was a creature of habit), in order to find the optimal time and place to strike.

I'm not sure on it being someone she has arranged to meet. I find it slightly odd that she would of prearranged to meet someone at that time in the morning, knowing she had to be at work for a certain time. Given the time she was seen on cctv that morning and the distance she still had to travel, she'd of only had minimal time to actually stop and engage with someone. In my opinion it would of made more sense to arrange to meet them during her lunchbreak or after work.
But I will say I do believe that whether it be someone known to her or a total stranger, they have been observing her over a period of time, learning her daily routine (her mother said she was a creature of habit), in order to find the optimal time and place to strike.
Do we know what time she was due to start work?

Unless it is someone she works with where it is pre arranged face to face it is difficult to imagine, police if they are doing their job properly will have access to her phone records, her social media records etc so would have at least built up a list of potential suspects there to be eliminated or followed up

It could well be, an affair with a married man maybe? Would explain why she chooses to walk to work if they have a usual meet up spot, also would explain her not disclosing it to anyone, I wonder if she has ever set off walking but got a lift to work along the way in the past!

I would imagine the police will have investigated everyone on her social media who had ever contacted her and checked them out, ok it is New Zealand but Grace Millane’s killer was found due to conversations they had had on tinder, I doubt she could arrange a liaison through social media without police being able to trace it

I’m assuming other party would have used fake alias and info and blocked ip - but perhaps police can always get around all of that aswell

Members of the public will continue to see police activity in the city, as our searches continue at Teardrop Lake and areas of Shenley Lodge.

Seems like they reckon Leah might have gone up through that underpass into the eastern corner of Shenley Lodge, from where there are paths all the way to work. Just having a look round there, what's the big round thing, a sundial? (see link)

Google Maps

All great points. And if it was someone she knows, would they not also be missing? Or at least (the culprit) be later to their own work, or school place, on the day in question?

Have any of the LE put out any calls to the public about noticing anyone, or anything unusual? In the States they will usually ask the public to be aware of habits, hairstyles, or any other changes that might be 'flags'. Selling a car, washing/cleaning a car for a long duration. Things that might make people go, hmmmm?

There has to be something they can work on to figure this out. This young woman needs to be found. I really do hope she is safe 'out there'.

Whatever LE is doing, behind the scenes, and out of sight, feels quiet to me. All MHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth