Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am just too old, but is it possible that this is someone known to her who she was not communicating with on social media?

I think that is definitely possible. For one, not everyone is active on sm. I have several friends and acquaintances who don't have any sm accounts at all.

Or, if a person is much older than her she might not think to add them to their circle of friends and contacts on sm. Like a shop owner or a maintenance worker or a superior at work she might know but not really feel close enough to.

I think that is definitely possible. For one, not everyone is active on sm. I have several friends and acquaintances who don't have any sm accounts at all.

Or, if a person is much older than her she might not think to add them to their circle of friends and contacts on sm. Like a shop owner or a maintenance worker or a superior at work she might know but not really feel close enough to.
And it also seems like she is in several different circles, between work and martial arts and creative writing...although she still lives with her parents, it seems like her life is not necessarily as insular as a college student's might be and interacts with all different types of people.

<modsnip - discussing moderation>

Milton keynes takes a fair bit of knowing,even for a regular visitor...this would incline me to discount a random bypasser....far more likely that she has possibly gone off with someone known to her (and familiar with the area)

There do seem to be lots of missing people at present.

Apparently some of these have been down to a stupid facebook challenge whereby young folk are deliberately "going missing" for a pre-determined amount of time.
The recent spate of missing young people in Carlisle was apparently down to this.

Not suggesting that has happened here but it will certainly explain some of the recent figures

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the diverse mix of friends, i would expect that she has acquaintences that those closest to her perhaps know nothing of.

Just a hunch...but as my wife would attest.....

I am often wrong :)

Unlikely to be anyone she knows on Facebook or any form of social media, they will be checked out thoroughly by the police.

If she knows her likely killer, sadly I think we can say it is 99.9% certain that she is dead, then it is far more likely to be someone she works with or someone that lives along the route to work she took, pretty sure I read that she took a different route to work that morning compared with previous time. Why? someone she knows who lives down there? and she went to his to meet/confront?

Well, this is on a go slow. Anyone else finding it odd that there's not more activity? I know the family are sharing posts on social media and fundraising for leaflets etc, but there doesn't seem to be enough of a media "push" happening.

Locals, is it being talked about much? Other than door knocking and searching the lakes is anything else happening?

Well, this is on a go slow. Anyone else finding it odd that there's not more activity? I know the family are sharing posts on social media and fundraising for leaflets etc, but there doesn't seem to be enough of a media "push" happening.

Locals, is it being talked about much? Other than door knocking and searching the lakes is anything else happening?

I was thinking the same thing. Compared to the Libby Squire case this one is very low-key.

Just looking at the diverse mix of friends, i would expect that she has acquaintences that those closest to her perhaps know nothing of.

Just a hunch...but as my wife would attest.....

I am often wrong :)
If you've read my posts, I'm on the same page as you...I'm not wrong all that often :)

Absolutely agree, it's gone very quiet. I would of expected more appeals from LE in the media at least.

I was actually at Furzton Lake earlier today and there was no signs of any activity from the police or the public. In fact if you didn't already know that a 19 year old girl had gone missing from that area, you'd be none the wiser.
I would of thought it would be vital to keep the story relevant, in the hope that someone is yet to come forward with some key evidence.

I was at the MK Dons game on Saturday. Lots of people with high vis on with her picture on the back handing out flyers. They also made an appeal on the big screens at half time. I’ve seen posters up on bus stops and local shops in quite a few places and also in a few cars. But other than that not much, lots of people I’ve spoken to haven’t even heard about it

Absolutely agree, it's gone very quiet. I would of expected more appeals from LE in the media at least.

I was actually at Furzton Lake earlier today and there was no signs of any activity from the police or the public. In fact if you didn't already know that a 19 year old girl had gone missing from that area, you'd be none the wiser.
I would of thought it would be vital to keep the story relevant, in the hope that someone is yet to come forward with some key evidence.
Agreed, this is strange, especially compared to how long they've kept up searching and interest in Libby's case. Perhaps LE have more reason to believe that Leah left of her own accord? I mean, even if they are lacking evidence, you would expect appeals from LE, desperate for leads...or from family. There must be something we don't know for them to go quiet so quickly.

Agreed, this is strange, especially compared to how long they've kept up searching and interest in Libby's case. Perhaps LE have more reason to believe that Leah left of her own accord? I mean, even if they are lacking evidence, you would expect appeals from LE, desperate for leads...or from family. There must be something we don't know for them to go quiet so quickly.

Exactly - either they think she left voluntarily, or they are playing a longer game just watching and waiting.

The police definitely control how much media attention they want. I remember early on with Corrie's case there was criticism about it not hitting national news, and the police explained that in the intitial stages of investigation they do not want everyone from Lands End to John O'Groats phoning in with sightings. So they encourage the media to keep it low key.

Our local press in MK are literally useless. Lots and lots of things go on which they never report on and their website is always slow to be updated. From the Libby thread a lot of the updates and articles are linked to Hull Live - with local press live reporting to that level others are bound to pick up on it, I think a lot of it stems from that maybe

Jmo but it takes longer than a few weeks to go through all social media connections, especially as young people can have hundreds or more.

I thought police had knocked on 4000 doors, that sounds like the opposite of go slow to me
All of these have been good points! It's hard to remember that all of us on here are actually a very small number of people...I feel like we have a few members though who keep an eye out and report when there is knowledge of police gathering anywhere that could be related to an incident, so even if the media aren't reporting, I feel like a member on here who is in the area would report back to us if they had seen a greater police presence/searching, etc. And I don't think we've heard anything from locals lately. Of course, I am not familiar with the area and perhaps a gathering of police isn't as obvious or visible to the public as it might be in and around Hull...where Libby lives.

Exactly right regarding visibility. Eg lake searches lots and lots of people will see what’s going on, however the local press will be slow to report so unless you are local, in the area at that time or someone you know tells you they saw it AND also are a member here then how would it get posted here.
As I think someone mentioned before MK is built on a dual carriageway (mainly) grid system with housing ‘estates’ in the pockets of the grids. From main roads you can’t really see in to the housing areas as they are mostly tree covered, plus the roads are 60/70mph. There are lots and lots of housing estates so unless the police are literally in your street there could be anything going on around you and you would never know. There is no ‘main road’ or main through route like other cities.
I always say you can never get lost here, you just go the long way round. Meaning there are umpteen ways to get to your destination from your start point. Lots of places I routinely go to from my house, I may never go the exact same way twice.

Was wondering where Leah works because on the cctv she does not look dressed for the office.

Also looking at the map, i find it a rather strange idea that the police would be looking in that lake....surely if someone had snatched her, they would have taken her a bit further afield than that? And if nobody took her..then less reason for her to be in there.

Surely cctv must be plentiful in that area?

Also i didnt quite understand from reading......her parents last saw her at 10pm the night before.....where was she when they last saw her?

Why did nobody see her leave for work?

Personally i thought that she looked perhaps a little bedraggled in one of the stills....not in keeping with other pictures i have seen

Somebody just must have seen her in that area at that time of day!
Certainly as an abduction site that location and timings are a million miles from ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw