Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pond being searched makes me fear foul play. She was a stone's throw from home and the pond would have been in completely the wrong direction.

From the bench she was on at the junction of Beresford/Haworth roads, if she crossed over and walked straight up Beresford Road she would have come to the playing fields at the end. Does anyone know if that is a particularly studenty area? Might she have been trying to get to someone elses house? She'd have had to cross the canal bridge there, looking at the route on streetview it's reminding me of the young girl in Sheffield (?) who was found in a canal/stream. Her name's on the tip of my tongue. EDIT Caroline Everest

Last edited:
Anyone good at maps (@skibaboo we need you!) that could plot The Welly, the junction of Beresford/Haworth, the halls and the pond they're searching.

If you imagine she's gone upwards on a capital T shape and then should have gone left to one end of the T but the pond is right, at the opposite end.

Hi CMC. Been away for a long time but saw this case on the BBC. I'm not very good at maps like skibaboo and can't say how accurate it is but hope this helps as a start:

Qted.png

Might just be me, but I'm slightly confused by this part of the BBC article:

Det Supt Gawthorpe said Ms Squire was spotted on the CCTV on Beverley Road, close to its junction with Haworth Street.

The officer said from there, she may have walked in either direction down Beverley Road or Haworth Street.

If she was seen on CCTV at the junction of Haworth Street (on the bench I assume?) then why wouldn't that same CCTV not see which way/how she left? Unless the CCTV was a dashcam and that car left?

I do think the Police are on top of this case more than currently appears though. Just a gut feeling.

I think we're getting more information than we often do in these cases.We've got a pretty solid timeline and last sighting, as well as a witness who has already come forward. The police must have credible information to believe that Libby might have gone the "wrong" way. Perhaps she was seen on Beresford Road, or someone has noticed smashed ice on the pond as though someone fell in.

Google street view shows some cameras on the stores across the street- I bet LE has some idea which way she went. I can't see any pole mounted CCTV unles they are in the stop lights.

Edit- definitely CCTV on pole at Inglemire. They know if she went that way. Clough also has lots of cameras. By process of elimination they likely know which way she went

Last edited:
I've probably said it before but there needs to be some sort of phone app where people can "buddy up" with at least one friend when they're out. If one of the group goes out of range it alerts the others and then tracks them. All this is do-able with current technology. Maybe such an app already exists but isn't being used much.

Perhaps in student cities the incentive could be something like discounted taxis or a free drink somewhere or something else that would appeal to students in that area, some sort of benefit in using the app. I dunno, just feels like we'll never stop them getting drunk and going missing or falling in rivers, but there MUST be an easier way of finding them much sooner or preventing disaster.

Last edited:
I had a quick look at my App Store and there seem to be mobile phone apps like “Life360” and “Find My Friends.”

Hmm... this subject requires a bit more studying but if there’s a reliable and preferably free option available (for iOS, Android, Windows phones) we should definitely make a campaign out of promoting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist