Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean, if she wandered too far off track and lost her bearings she could be anywhere.
It's not hard to get lost in the area within the vicinity reported even for a new resident. Out of her street it's right to more houses and left to a row of shops and a pub over the road. I just cant understand how there's no more footage -witness considering Beverly Rd is a main busy road.

I think people are misreading the crime stats for the area. Those figures are for all crime including crime that's happened in people's houses, it's not just street crime. Most rapes/sexual assaults involve a perp known to the victim so tend to take place indoors.

Hi all,

New poster to this thread. Finding this one all a bit eerie as girlfriend is from Hull and lives/worked at Hull Uni, and I've been up and down Bev Rd countless times. As a non-Hull native, I've always marvelled at how many dark walks and parks there are in and around the city. There's a park a hundred yards from where my girlfriend lives that is practically pitch black at night and if you wanna cross to the estates behind it (that are thankfully, better lit, but still with that low UV stuff) you either take your chances or walk the long way round. I think, honestly, the lack of lights in the darkness of England's suburbs and smaller cities is something that always spooked me out a little in general.

Not gonna add theories or anything atm as just wanted to introduce myself before I chime in on the thread. Like many here though, I was a student and can readily recall getting into similar states - or seeing pals in similar states - and you get turned away from a bar. I know that the couple of times it happened to me, going back home/to bed was the last thing I wanted, particularly if friends were also out.

Praying she comes through this somehow. Praying for lots of things!

Sarah Corker‏ @SarahCorkerNews
Around 20 police officers searching through wooded areas of Oak Road Playing Fields. This is the 6th day of the search for missing student Libby Squire.

DyuDF9GXgAAeOVD.jpg

Sarah Corker on Twitter

I'm curious as to why the police are asking for webcam/cctv footage etc for timeframe between 12.09 and 3 am. I understand 12.09, but why stop at 3am? Am I missing something?
Curious about this too. Could it be because most students would be returning home by that time? Genuinely quite stumped on the 3am thing. Unless they know something we don't.

I'm curious as to why the police are asking for webcam/cctv footage etc for timeframe between 12.09 and 3 am. I understand 12.09, but why stop at 3am? Am I missing something?

Welcome Scorpiette. Where did you read that police are requesting information on that time frame? Do you have a link for that please?

Those reed beds look treacherous.

They are. So what happens is the originally start growing on the bank edge - then they throw fine roots out from the reeds - these usually go a few cm. Over time more plant grows from the root so a layering and support system forms. This keeps growing out further and further. Eventually if left for many many years it could even cover the whole pond doing this method of growth.

When I was a kid I used to fish on these sort of waters - I have even fished close to this lake / river in question. We would always avoid and advised to stay away from these areas as you can disturb the root and it effectively gets you stuck. In some circumstances if the water is very deep below you can fall into the water and its a bit like quick sand.

In winter it dies back quite a bit so it can quite often be confused for the bank edge when its not. In summer it can grow quite high (a meter and above) so you can clearly see the edge. In a drunken state it would be easy to get stuck in this, but if you did manage to walk on it (which you can sometimes, especially when froezen) it would be like walking on a trampoline. Imagine doing that when drunk - what do you think the result would be?

Curious about this too. Could it be because most students would be returning home by that time? Genuinely quite stumped on the 3am thing. Unless they know something we don't.

This is the time most the clubs start to kick out - and when students start to come home.

View attachment 167678 View attachment 167679 Screenshots from Google Maps. Are the two smaller ponds behind the allotments the ones currently being searched?

I think they are currently just searching the large pond, I imagine they have either already searched them or they plan on searching with the same team that are currently in the larger pond.

View attachment 167678 View attachment 167679 Screenshots from Google Maps. Are the two smaller ponds behind the allotments the ones currently being searched?

I would expect they have - although I'm very surprised they are doing the field search now. I would of thought these things would of been done properly first. As the lake its the second time they have looked.

I am very tempted to put on my fishing gear and offer to help. I used to roam forests like this as a kid and you can get through them pretty quick this time of year. A poor girl like Libby would be easy to spot I imagine as there is no weed growth currently due to the season.

We had a tv show on here called Missing. A guy went missing in summer and it wasn't until winter they found him. He had only walked a short walk from his house but the height and spread of the weeds they couldn't find him - it was only when it came to winter when the weeds died they found him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member