Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are currently just searching the large pond, I imagine they have either already searched them or they plan on searching with the same team that are currently in the larger pond.

I think you're right about it being the larger pond, due to videos I have seen. They have been searching that same pond pretty much every day haven't they? I know they were definitely there yesterday and at least one other day before that. It is a very big pond though, it is obviously taking a long time to thoroughly search it.

They are. So what happens is the originally start growing on the bank edge - then they throw fine roots out from the reeds - these usually go a few cm. Over time more plant grows from the root so a layering and support system forms. This keeps growing out further and further. Eventually if left for many many years it could even cover the whole pond doing this method of growth.

When I was a kid I used to fish on these sort of waters - I have even fished close to this lake / river in question. We would always avoid and advised to stay away from these areas as you can disturb the root and it effectively gets you stuck. In some circumstances if the water is very deep below you can fall into the water and its a bit like quick sand.

In winter it dies back quite a bit so it can quite often be confused for the bank edge when its not. In summer it can grow quite high (a meter and above) so you can clearly see the edge. In a drunken state it would be easy to get stuck in this, but if you did manage to walk on it (which you can sometimes, especially when froezen) it would be like walking on a trampoline. Imagine doing that when drunk - what do you think the result would be?

This is the time most the clubs start to kick out - and when students start to come home.

Thank you for your insight into this. Makes it clearer how easy it would be for someone to get stuck.

I would be interested in how extensive those allotments have been searched, not much mention of them anywhere.
Do you have any information at all to suggest it's been publicly shared that they've searched the nearby allotments? Surely they already must have. There are tons of sheds there that must have been searched. And after all the asking for people to check their sheds and gardens in case she'd gone to shelter there, I would imagine the allotments were one of the first places they thought to look. JMO.

Do you have any information at all to suggest it's been publicly shared that they've searched the nearby allotments? Surely they already must have. There are tons of sheds there that must have been searched. And after all the asking for people to check their sheds and gardens in case she'd gone to shelter there, I would imagine the allotments were one of the first places they thought the look. JMO.

From day 1 there were local people commenting in groups about the allotments. I think that morning they would of been searched. Alot of gardeners are out digging beds over ready for March. (Just done mine!).

Plus these allotments are very much in demand - some places are on waiting lists. So they are quite active with people in and out.

From day 1 there were local people commenting in groups about the allotments. I think that morning they would of been searched. Alot of gardeners are out digging beds over ready for March. (Just done mine!).

Plus these allotments are very much in demand - some places are on waiting lists. So they are quite active with people in and out.

Am I right in assuming you're quite an outdoorsman? You know a heck of a lot about info RE gardens/ponds etc. Very useful in this case :)

Am I right in assuming you're quite an outdoorsman? You know a heck of a lot about info RE gardens/ponds etc. Very useful in this case :)

I grew up being into everything outdoors - fishing, gardening, exploring, collecting bugs/plants.

Now im older im massively into gardening - currently growing Redwood trees and the rarest pine in the world (at one point there were only 50 left). So yep I love the outdoors haha!

I get the feeling they must have reviewed all available CCTV and not seen Libby on footage. i have done a walk of the streets via google street view and mapped all visible CCTV cameras (marked with a red dot) there are also two of the manned black post cameras that aren't fixed and usually track anyone on foot/ also could have been set to rotate every set time period (sometimes done to give a 360 degree of busy junctions). i feel like every direction is covered other than in the direction of the playing fields / ponds. i would imagine the first couple of days were spent checking all this footage. just a guess but if they have seen nothing or seen her head in that direction then there is no way across the river without being seen by a camera (other than a swim). [not ruling out any cameras not working however]

see attached

Attachments

• CCTV Map.jpg
    CCTV Map.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 21
I get the feeling they must have reviewed all available CCTV and not seen Libby on footage. i have done a walk of the streets via google street view and mapped all visible CCTV cameras (marked with a red dot) there are also two of the manned black post cameras that aren't fixed and usually track anyone on foot/ also could have been set to rotate every set time period (sometimes done to give a 360 degree of busy junctions). i feel like every direction is covered other than in the direction of the playing fields / ponds. i would imagine the first couple of days were spent checking all this footage. just a guess but if they have seen nothing or seen her head in that direction then there is no way across the river without being seen by a camera (other than a swim). [not ruling out any cameras not working however]

see attached
Just to clarify, are you saying since we're assuming she hasn't been seen on CCTV that she must have headed in the Oak Fields direction?

I don’t know for certain that all/ any of these cameras were working- however if they were all working it’s highly likely one of them would have picked her up, there’s a chance there are more cameras than the ones I have marked on the map. The direction of the pond etc is purely residential and mainly student accommodation meaning no CCTV. I’m just speculating but the police seem to be dedicating a huge resource to searching that area, and I just aimed to theorise why that is. My conclusion being that she hasn’t been spotted anywhere since 12.09 meaning not 1 of these cameras videod her walking past.

edited - please see updated map for last seen location in BLUE

Attachments

• CCTV Map last seen location.jpg
    CCTV Map last seen location.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 26
4 officers from the Regional Marine Unit are now searching through reeds in pond at Oak Roads Playing Fields as the search for missing #Hull student Libby Squire continues #HelpFindLibby

Natalie Bell on Twitter

(Video at link)

Officers from Regional Marine Unit continue searching reed beds at Oak Roads Playing Field pond in search for Libby Squire #HelpFindLibby

Natalie Bell on Twitter

(Video at link)

Officers from the Regional Marine Unit search pond close to where missing #Hull student Libby Squire disappeared 6 days ago #HelpFindLibby

Natalie Bell on Twitter

(Video at link)

Woodlands search in missing student hunt

Police have been scouring a woodland for missing student Libby Squire as searches enter a sixth day.

The 21-year-old, from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, went missing in Hull on Thursday.

About 20 officers have been searching the wooded area, near Oak Road Playing Fields, close to where she was last seen.

[...]

upload_2019-2-6_14-40-9.jpegupload_2019-2-6_14-40-24.jpegupload_2019-2-6_14-40-49.jpegupload_2019-2-6_14-41-3.png

4 officers from the Regional Marine Unit are now searching through reeds in pond at Oak Roads Playing Fields as the search for missing #Hull student Libby Squire continues #HelpFindLibby

Natalie Bell on Twitter

(Video at link)

Officers from Regional Marine Unit continue searching reed beds at Oak Roads Playing Field pond in search for Libby Squire #HelpFindLibby

Natalie Bell on Twitter

(Video at link)

Officers from the Regional Marine Unit search pond close to where missing #Hull student Libby Squire disappeared 6 days ago #HelpFindLibby

Natalie Bell on Twitter

(Video at link)

The reeds look absolutely treacherous. So much respect for the searchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist