Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many posts were removed that were referencing unapproved facebook pages. These are the rules regarding social media (only the bolded blue are allowed):

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Hi

Have been following this case here and in the media, but not commented before. I don't think I can add much to what has already been said, but my thoughts are this.

She moved to Wellesley Avenue in November. We don't know when I take it? but let's say in the last two weeks of for argument's sake. So from moving in to the start of the Christmas holiday term and away from uni (which I am presuming she spent back at home in Bucks), and then returning at beg of January to time of her disappearing, she would probably have been in Wellesley Avenue physically maybe no more than 8 - 10 weeks at the most.

I would therefore imagine she had a set routine and routes she knew and used regularly: ie route to uni, route to her old stomping ground and where the drinks party was held, route to the local bus (if she used), route to the shops where she bought groceries, routes to favourite bars and clubs - like the Welly. In my opinion only, I don't think she would have ventured exploring too far beyond those points in that short period she had lived there, and would not be overly familiar with all the cut through points and general area. Therefore, at night and drunk, her antennae for her surroundings would be severely hampered.

When she was seen leaving the cab by the guys in Wellesley Avenue, it sounded as if they saw her leave the vehicle and walk along road and not even make for her front door, am I right? So that would seem as if either she was not sure where she was, or that she had decided she didn't want to end the night just yet. She could have of course found out during cab journey that she didn't have her key (I think the driver would be able to provide an idea of her state in the back of the car on that short journey and how alert or drunk she seemed. I wonder what he has told police?).

Either way, as has been said on here by others, I think she may have had an idea either to get back to the Welly or to return to where she had been earlier at the drinks party. Sitting on that bench she may have got there and realised how out of it she was, and was trying to get her head together to think where to go and how to get there.

Again, I concur with those who feel she became confused with the area and started walking, most likely in the direction of the Barmston Drain, where then either she had an accident and succumbed to hypothermia, or an attack took place. My own feeling is that she will be found in or near it. Not sure how strong the current is, but it's long isn't it, and she could have travelled further along than has been searched. And just because an area has been looked at once, doesn't mean something can't be overlooked. Look at the Gaia Pope case where she was found eventually on a quite visible coastal path, but not for 11 days. I think think sadly this may be a similar case.

Last edited:
Can anyone clarify these points for me?

1. Libby being 'outside for an hour or more' and therefore vulnerable to hypothermia:

- - where in the timeline does an hour become relevant? 11.30 taxi drop off, 12.09 last sighting makes just under 40 minutes to me. is that enough time to put you in a hypothermic state? (genuine question)

2. Libby being 'fall down drunk':

- - we know she was too drunk to get into the club. But some 45+ minutes later, this is eyewitness account only by the 2 neighbours

- - other witness account says 'a distressed state', not fall down drunk

Just trying to separate speculation from facts.

I think the hour time frame was based on the scream that was heard, if this was her and she was frightened by someone/ something she would have been outside for an hour at this point. If whatever happened caused her to leave the area on foot she would have been outside for an hour.

She moved to Wellesley Avenue in November.

I'm sure I read she'd lived their 4 months, which would be end of September, as she went missing end of January?

Where was it stated she moved there in November? Uni term normally starts mid to late September, why did she move so close to the start of term? Where was she living before?

I would have expected her to have moved into the area in September for start of term. She would have gone home over the summer and come back in time for the beginning of term. Though of course she might have known the area or lived there before. Its likely to be a studenty area.

Crimes in the month of December within a 1 mile radius of Libbys home.

117 violent or sexual crimes in just 1 month??

Is that high? For a population of 284,000 people?

I would have expected her to have moved into the area in September for start of term. She would have gone home over the summer and come back in time for the beginning of term. Though of course she might have known the area or lived there before. Its likely to be a studenty area.
This is what I thought too, so was wondering where November came from!

I'm sure I read she'd lived their 4 months, which would be end of September, as she went missing end of January?

Where was it stated she moved there in November? Uni term normally starts mid to late September, why did she move so close to the start of term? Where was she living before?

Agreed. I put a link up earlier, article saying she had been living there for 4 months, which would fit with start of new Uni year.

It’s high for the given radius of 1 mile

Not too high considering it includes a city centre (or at least a lot of bars and clubs) and all the shenanigans that entails.

I just put in my old post code from Leeds city centre (where, by the way, I felt perfectly safe living for several years) and Violence / Sexual Offences is 541. Manchester Arndale 587. Pleased to see my home village (rural N Yorks) has 0 crimes whatsoever.

To give you guys an idea on crime in Hull, look at Bransholme in Hull, when I was little my dad used to joke saying if you stopped at traffic lights they would steal your wheels.

That area has cleaned up a lot since then but with the rise of immigration and rehousing - new areas are popping up. In Scunthorpe where I live we have Frodingham road which you wouldn't want to walk down at night. There have been multiple murders in the polish and iraqi communities that are barely published on these roads.

I live in a super quite village about 20 minutes from nearest town - we barely have 500 people living here. When we moved in I checked crime statistics to find there had been a murder 10 doors away from my house and a sexual crime reported on the next street (we only have 3 steets!). The murder was a local man that ran over his wife and tried to make it look like an accident.

Ah, my bad I must have mis-read. I stand corrected! The point I suppose I was trying to make is that she had not been there very long and probably kept to set routes, so she may have been thrown on this occasion being inebriated in trying to remember to get to where she intended. If indeed that was the case, and of course we don't know.

Ah, my bad I must have mis-read. I stand corrected! The point I suppose I was trying to make is that she had not been there very long and probably kept to set routes, so she may have been thrown on this occasion being inebriated in trying to remember to get to where she intended. If indeed that was the case, and of course we don't know.

I know what you mean, if she wandered too far off track and lost her bearings she could be anywhere.

Not too high considering it includes a city centre (or at least a lot of bars and clubs) and all the shenanigans that entails.

I just put in my old post code from Leeds city centre (where, by the way, I felt perfectly safe living for several years) and Violence / Sexual Offences is 541. Manchester Arndale 587. Pleased to see my home village (rural N Yorks) has 0 crimes whatsoever.
New York City ~2600 in Nov 2018 (rape, murder, robbery, Assault). 8.6 million people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member