Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really conflicted on this one ...

First thought was - too drunk to get in a studenty club = very drunk! - was she anywhere near water? (Thinking of Caroline Everest who was a Sheffield Hallam student, went missing after being ejected from a studenty club, found 4 or so days later, deceased in nearby waterway)

But ... where are the bodies if water? Had a quick look and there's not any that immediately jump out ...

If you Google the words 'missing student' it is utterly heartbreaking how many young people, after a night of drinking and up missing, later found deceased in bodies of water :(

If you follow Beresford Avenue (where she was last seen) to the end there are some playing fields and just beyond them a lake and then the river Hull.

I spent quite a bit of time in hull and this area when my ex girlfriend studied there. Beresford Avenue did have students living there in shared houses and all around Beverley road was students living in terraced houses.

I wonder if she got out there to visit friends or there’s loads more pubs and clubs around Beverley road. Theres a pub on the crossroads which was a student hang out so wonder if she tried getting in there. Loads more down newlands avenue and princes avenue which is a fairly short walk from there.

It’s really busy around there especially at that crossroads and I would expect there to be quite a bit of cctv

I have taken a keen interest in this since I found out about it a couple of days ago. I visit this area a couple of times a years for sports events in Hull. I usually stay at a hotel just off Beverley Road because it is near the events I got to at the Uni sports area and the Hull arena. I have been out a few times around the area and it isn't that nice at all by any means, lots of multicultural shops and so on.

<modsnip posting information from Libby personal Facebook>

I think the sheer immediate police presence in the searches coupled with Libby's mental history is the huge cause for concern as she will be classed as very vulnerable and also very high risk.

Unfortunately I don't think this will be ending well at all, I have another sense that nobody else is involved either. I sincerely hope she is found.

I apologise for writing the above but I have not noticed bring these details up but I feel it's very important to know about when considering what potentially may have happened here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if that's the one I've just read too, probably not relevant to the disappearence but could explain a reason for being too drunk to know what she was doing

What have you just read? <modsnipped > What I read was relating to an arrest (possibly unrelated) in the area she disappeared from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really conflicted on this one ...

First thought was - too drunk to get in a studenty club = very drunk! - was she anywhere near water? (Thinking of Caroline Everest who was a Sheffield Hallam student, went missing after being ejected from a studenty club, found 4 or so days later, deceased in nearby waterway)

But ... where are the bodies if water? Had a quick look and there's not any that immediately jump out ...

If you Google the words 'missing student' it is utterly heartbreaking how many young people, after a night of drinking and up missing, later found deceased in bodies of water :(

I just followed Beresford Ave on Google Maps using Streetview. In cold weather we tend to feel a need to pee more often, and where the bridge is over the Drain there's an area where it looks like you could get into a tall grass/bushes/trees area that might have a bit more privacy to answer a call of nature, but it's also sloped so that it might be easy on a frosty night to slip down into the drain.

I hadn't noticed the scarring Libby has before. She and I are more similar than I thought, as I have very similar scars. Sadly, I don't think this will end well. I often thought, in times of extreme stress/depression, and especially when I was drunk, about what it might be like to die from exposure. I falsely romanticised it as something peaceful. Just like going to sleep. This might be too much information, but I did try it once. Luckily I couldn't find somewhere quiet and alone, so I went home. (Admins feel free to edit if this is too much)

There are a lot of possibilities. She might have been distressed and wandering, might have been lost and trying to get back home, might have had an accident. But I don't think we're going to get a happy ending.

MOO.

I hadn't noticed the scarring Libby has before. She and I are more similar than I thought, as I have very similar scars. Sadly, I don't think this will end well. I often thought, in times of extreme stress/depression, and especially when I was drunk, about what it might be like to die from exposure. I falsely romanticised it as something peaceful. Just like going to sleep. This might be too much information, but I did try it once. Luckily I couldn't find somewhere quiet and alone, so I went home. (Admins feel free to edit if this is too much)

There are a lot of possibilities. She might have been distressed and wandering, might have been lost and trying to get back home, might have had an accident. But I don't think we're going to get a happy ending.

MOO.

That's a very honest post, I hope you're in a good place now, this is the sort of way I was thinking too

Years since I have posted anything. The river hull has a shallow entrance all along it. There are beaches and fishing areas all along it in Hull. Only in the central area is it a steep drop, so you would have to walk out of depth. I only live 30 minutes away and whilst I can’t pinpoint it, gut feeling it reminds of Claudia Lawrence in york-probably not correct at all and I have no basis (just a gut feeling and a 30 minutes drive distance)

That’s what I just read. Hull Live comments and articles are being deleted. Is that normal? Why delete comments to a Facebook news article?

Things can be deleted if the first person in a thread deletes their post. It's also possible that LE have asked for certain information to be kept under wraps for the time being.

Forum rules preclude us from talking about the specifics of any comments on articles in MSM or on an FB page belonging to a media organization, so it's not like we could discuss anything in the open forum whether it was deleted or not.

Things can be deleted if the first person in a thread deletes their post. It's also possible that LE have asked for certain information to be kept under wraps for the time being.

Forum rules preclude us from talking about the specifics of any comments on articles in MSM or on an FB page belonging to a media organization, so it's not like we could discuss anything in the open forum whether it was deleted or not.
Yes understood. I just thought it was odd. Hull Live is MSM, right? On their official website they deleted the update re sighting at 12:05am. Maybe that turned out to be fake news? I’m really hoping this is an OA situation (missing in Boston, found alive after being held against her will for 3/4 days earlier last month).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist